8th May 2011, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

Scope in Indian Air Force technical branch after B.Tech(ECE) and interest in Communication?

currently im persuing b.tech 4th in ECE stream..im intereseted in communication so i want to join in communication side in field..do i have any scope in IAF technical side..

Related Questions:
  1. Job opportunities in Indian Air Force for girls through B.E.(Civil Engineering)? Safety available for girls in Indian Air Force? -- [New]
  2. Can I become a Pilot through AFCAT after doing 12th in Non Medical
  3. Can I enroll in IAF? Are there chances to become Squadron Leader being Mechanical Engineer?
  4. How to join Air Force in Technical Branch? I am a 3rd year student going B.Tech with electronics and communication branch
  5. Opportunities in Technical field of Indian Air Force for B.E.(ECE) student?
  6. How to join Air Force technical branch after passing 12th final exam?
  7. About IAF exam
  8. Can I get a job for technical position air force passing 3rd year electronics and communication?
  9. Can I join navy after completing diploma in mechanical engineering
  10. While in 3rd year EE branch can I join Indian Air Force in Technical Branch?
  11. Is it possible to join Indian Air Force for a Civil Engineer? Which Engineering branch is suitable to join Indian Air Force?
  12. Can I apply for technical branch in Indian Air Force? I have scored 63.56% aggregate in B.E
  13. What is the scope in Indian Air Force after BCA ?
  14. What can I do to join Indian Air Force after 10th being girl?
  15. How to join technical branch of Indian Air Force?
  16. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. How to apply for Permanent Service Commission after BDS?
  18. How to prepare for Hindi Paper in Rewar Sidhi Gramin Bank?
13th May 2011, 09:03 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Scope in Indian Air Force technical branch after B.Tech(ECE) and interest in Communication?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
currently im persuing b.tech 4th in ECE stream..im intereseted in communication so i want to join in communication side in field..do i have any scope in IAF technical side..
Career will be glorious after getting into IAF that too for Engineers the Air Force warmly welcomes the talented brains in Engineering Field

There will be rigorous selection procedure in selecting the officers. but once you get through this procedure your life will be well disciplined and settled.

As an officer in the technical branch,you will be the incharge of most sophisticated technological equipment in the world

you can apply to the technical field by any of the two methods that is .

Direct Entry Scheme

University Entry scheme

All the details regarding what a student from a particular branch should know the subjects and all other details like eligibility and qualification to apply are available in the following official website of Air force.

Please check this link which makes your career bright full

The link is

http://careerairforce.nic.in/career_...ch_branch.html

Regards

~AdityA~
13th May 2011, 09:43 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Scope in Indian Air Force technical branch after B.Tech(ECE) and interest in Communication?

The three branches of the Air force are
  • Flying,
  • Ground duty
  • and Technical branch.

The officer cadre provides opportunities for men with 10+2 / Intermediate (only in the Flying

branch), graduates (all three branches), engineers (all three branches) and postgraduates (all branches

except the Flying branch) in the various positions. Women with graduate (all three branches), engineering (all three

branches) and post graduate degrees (all branches except the Flying branch) have openings as an Officer in the Air force.
you can get about the notification of exam either in Employement newspaper or in

http://careerairforce.nic.in/
13th May 2011, 02:50 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Default Re: Scope in Indian Air Force technical branch after B.Tech(ECE) and interest in Communication?

Hello,
After joining technical branch in IAF, your future will be secure in the hand of indian air force.
After completing your bachelor degree you can apply in IAF via-
*direct entry scheme. And
*university entry scheme.
Age limit-18-28yr
after selection in IAF you will be appointed in technical branch as a junior technician with the rank of cadet.
After interval of time, your post and job experience will be increased.for more information-www.careerairforce.nic.in
You can get in IAF via another way, appearing in CDS(combined defence services).conducted by UPSC twice in a year.for more information you can visit the official site of upsc-www.upsc.gov.in
ok, best of luck.
15th May 2011, 12:09 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Yes you can join Indian Airforce, there is a lot of scope for engineering aspirants.

As an Aeronautical Engineer in the Electronics stream, you will be responsible for the communication and signals required on the Air Force station. You will also be in charge of the execution of preventive maintenance and servicing of aircraft.

You can join the Indian Airforce through the following modes:

1. Direct Entry Scheme: After you have completed your engineering, you can join the Technical Branch through the Direct Entry Scheme. Both Men and Women can use this mode of entry to apply to the Indian Air Force.

2. UES (University Entry Scheme):

Eligibility Criteria for UES is:

1. Age- 18- 28 years.

2. Educational qualification: Four year degree qualification and secured a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together from a recognised university.

3. Nationality: Indian

4. Marital status: Candidates below the age of 25 years should be Unmarried.

5. Gender- Applicable to both men and women.
15th May 2011, 01:03 PM
PRINCE_AKG
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The career in IAF is royal, As you grow in the organisation, you get many adventures opportunities along your way,

You can apply for the Technical Branch via any of the two schemes listed below:

Direct Entry Scheme:-

After you have completed your engineering, you can join the Technical Branch through the Direct Entry Scheme.
Both Men and Women can use this mode of entry to apply to the Indian Air Force.

University Entry Scheme (UES):-

Eligibility Criteria:-

Aeronautical Engineering (Electronics) & Aeronautical Engineering (Mechanical)

but above field is further divided into Permanent Commission only for Men
and Short Service Commission for both Men & Women

Aeronautical Engineering (Electronics)

To join as the Aeronautical Engineering (Electronics) stream you must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:

-Marital Status
Candidates below the age of 25 years should be Unmarried.

-Nationality
Indian

-Educational Qualification (Aeronautical Engineer – Electronics)

Candidates applying for Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics) Branch would be eligible if they have undergone any one of the follwing Educational Qualifications

Four year degree qualification and secured a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together from a recognised university

OR

Graduate membership examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers by actual studies
All the candidates should have studied at least eight subjects out of the list of eighteen subjects mentioned below while pusuing any one of the above mentioned qualifications:-

(1) Physics / Engineering Physics.
(2) Mathematics / Engineering Mathematics.
(3) Engineering Graphics / Engineering Drawing.
(4) Electrical Engineering / Electrical Technology.
(5) Control Engineering.
(6) Microprocessors.
(7) Digital Electronics / Basic Electronics.
(8) Computer Networks.
(9) Information Technology.
(10) Network Theory Design.
(11) Telecommunication Systems.
(12) Electronic Circuit Design.
(13) Radar Theory.
(14) Switching Theory.
(15) Instrumentation.
(16) Microwave Engineering.
(17) Antenna and Wave Propagation.
(18) Electronic Devices.

Note : Final year students are also eligible

Aeronautical Engineering (Mechanical):-

To join the Aeronautical Engineering (Mechanical) stream, you must fulfil the following conditions:

- Marital Status

-Nationality
Indian

-Educational Qualification (Aeronautical Engineer-Mechanical)

Candidates applying for Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanical) Branch would be eligible if they have undergone any one of the follwing Educational Qualifications

Four year degree qualification and secured a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together from a recognised university

OR

Cleared section A and B examination of Aeronautical Society of India
All the candidates should have studied at least eight subjects out of the list of eighteen subjects mentioned below while pusuing any one of the above mentioned qualifications:-

(1) Physics / Engineering Physics.
(2) Engineering Maths / Mathematics.
(3) Engineering Drawing / Graphics.
(4) Automotive Engineering / Plant Engineering / Industrial Engineering.
(5) Engineering Mechanics / Strength of Material.
(6) Aerodynamics.
(7) Thermodynamics and Applications / Heat Power Engineering.
(8) Heat and Mass Transfer.
(9) Theory of Machines (Kinematics and Dynamics of Machinery).
(10) Fluid Mechanics / Turbo Machines.
(11) Flight Mechanics.
(12) Machine Drawing / Machine Design.
(13) Mechatronics.
(14) Material Science / Metallurgy.
(15) Vibrations.
(16) Workshop Technology / Manufacturing Technology / Production Engineering.
(17) Hydraulics and Pneumatics.
(18) Aircraft Structures.

-> Advertisement Schedule: January & July

University Entry Scheme ( UES)

Permanent Commission ( For Men only)

Educational Qualifications:
- The candidate must be currently studying in Pre-final year of BE / B Tech degree course in the relevant streams mentioned above
- must have secured minimum of 60% marks in aggregate,
Note:- There must be No backlog / arrears of papers of previous semesters.

- Marital Status

- Nationality
Indian

Advertisement Schedule:- January
15th May 2011, 02:33 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Absolutely you are eligible for Indian Air Force Technical Branch. Engineering students can join Indian Air Force by following entry modes which are exclusively for Engineer students.......

1. Aeronautical Engineer (Electronis and Machanical); To be eligible for this entry mode the candidate must have engineering degree with minimum 60% marks in the subjects as per advertisment. Candidate must have age in between 18 to 28 years and final year students can also apply. This is PC and SCC for men and women respectively.

2. UES (University Entry Scheme): Pre final appearing students of engineering in the subject as per advertisment are eligible for this entry provided they must have minimum 60% marks on completion of degree. Candidate must have age between 18-28 and this is Permanent Commission for men only.

For advertisment of these two entry modes you may visit official IAF website www.careerairforce.nic.in
15th May 2011, 09:14 PM
yogalakshmi sekar

Red face Re: Scope in Indian Air Force technical branch after B.Tech(ECE) and interest in Communication?

As an Aeronautical Engineer in the Electronics stream, you will be responsible for the communication and signals required on the Air Force station. You will also be in charge of the execution of preventive maintenance and servicing of aircraft. With further in-service training, you could also move to the repair and overhaul divisions of the Indian Air Force.

To join the Aeronautical Engineering (Electronics) stream you must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:

Educational Qualification :

Minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together in

BE / B.Tech in Electronics / Telecommunication / Electrical / Communication / Electronics & Communication / Instrumentation / Information Technology /Computer Science & Engineering or a combination of these subjects.
OR
Diploma in Electronics of Madras Institute of Technology.

Age=>18 to 28 years
Marital Status=>Single
Nationality=>Indian
Gender=>This is applicable to both men and women.

regards
yogi
26th May 2011, 10:52 AM

Hi Guys,

I wanted to ask how frequently will a Engineer in Technical Branch of Air Force will be transferred post the commission ?

Can they send us to any air force base or some certain location only ?
29th May 2011, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

hi,i'm john,my eyes are facing "-3" eye sight effect am i eligible for technical branch in indian airforce
24th July 2011, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

can an industrial engineer is apply for IAF?
9th January 2012, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

sir, i want to know about the direct entery scheme. how one can apply & what are the condition for this scheme?
27th April 2012, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

whiich is better btech aeronautical or ece
17th July 2013, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

Sir,I completed my B-Tech in Electronics and communication with 60%. And i want to know which field is better for me core field or IT filed..And suggest me courses for both field. please help me
24th January 2014, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

How join in IAF after BE complited
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?