17th April 2010, 07:28 PM
chandrika s.b

Selected general category instead of obc in aieee form

sir
i have done a mistake of selecting my category as general instead of obc in my aieee application form which has already been sent.
i have even got my admit card for the exam.
Are there any kind of acceptance for the change of cat frm gn to obc now,before the councelling??

18th April 2010, 05:34 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Selected general category instead of obc in aieee form

dear,
nothing can be done now regarding the change of category from general to obc.......

you should have thought of this at the time of filling of form only........

now you will have to prepare hard for the exam as the competition for general category is larger than for obc.......

so prepare well for the exam so that you don't have to regret for what you have done.......

best of luck
18th April 2010, 07:38 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

sorry, you will receive your admit card, and there is no possibility to change the
catagory. so, i will suggest you, just contact to the aieee administration, i think
they will help you better. but according to me, give exams first, if you clear the exams
with good rank, then you can tell your problem at the time of councelling.

ok
all the best.
23rd April 2010, 06:23 AM
Unregistered

sir
i have done a mistake of selecting my category as obc instead of general in my aieee application form which has already been sent.
17th May 2010, 12:45 PM
BALWINDER SINGH

Sir now is been your default and now the problem is not now but it is later.......
The problem is come at the counselling because they can ask you for the obc certificate..............
18th May 2010, 11:02 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir
i have done a mistake of selecting my category as obc instead of general in my aieee application form which has already been sent.
i dont think there will be any problem with that since they will be asking about your OBC certificate which definitely you wont be able to provide so they will roll you back to general category

Dont worry
19th May 2010, 12:18 AM
Bella
Senior Member++++

since you have filled a general category option there is no problem because they wont ask any proof for it
but youwill miss the benefits that ab obc gets
19th May 2010, 03:21 AM
sg3125
Banned

Get over cbse aieee office detailing about the mistake.They might help.See the adress in prospectus
19th May 2010, 03:32 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrika s.b View Post
sir
i have done a mistake of selecting my category as general instead of obc in my aieee application form which has already been sent.
Are there any kind of acceptance for the change of cat frm gn to obc now,before the councelling??

Sorry dear Nothing can be done now.

If you have appeared for AIEEE then your ranking and Merit list will be prepared considering you as a General Candidate.

And now in no way you will longer considered as an OBC candidates. If you able to crack AIEEE with good rank then dont think about being OBC candidate just take admission. OTherwise you can appear next time a an OBC candidate.

Quote:
sir
Dont worry, it would not be any problem.

It is clearly mentioned in Information Broucher that candidates from Back ward community have to produce there Caste Certificate at the time of councelling, failing of which candidate must be considered as a General Cndidate.

So, nothing to worry about it.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
19th May 2010, 03:57 PM
kool
Senior Member++

sorry friend you can't change your catagory from GEN to OBC.
yes one thing you can do, in next year when you will fill the form of AIEEE, then there must be carefull in filling your application form..
better luck next time.
19th May 2010, 06:36 PM
Ritu Agrawal

Relax dear fristly prepare for the examination and try to scrore good marks in AIEEE.Before it you do one more thing to contact the administrative website address and any helpline number mentioned in the document If they are responding you can confidently share your queries with them otherwise at the time of counselling if they are asking you about your caste certificate you will definitely tell them about the problem which is generated at the admission form submission time.I think they surely understand it.JUST CHILL AND GOOD LUCK
19th May 2010, 10:28 PM
bond007
Senior Member++

sorry friend once you have send your application form to the authority you cant change your specification that you have provided to them..........now its too late to do any thing........so you will get the admission through general category.........

best wishes
20th May 2010, 12:12 AM
love_star

Location: 128/939 Y Block, Kidwai Nagar, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh

now you will get only general rank and nothing can be done
20th May 2010, 12:59 PM
herpreet singh

Location: herpreet singh s/o sr. kuljeet singh 215/371 harjeet bhawan bhashirat ganj lucknow -226004

Quote:
sir
I HAVE 2 SAY SORRY FOR THAT OK BCZ U WILL GOT UR ADMIT CARD 7 IF IT IS possible then if u go 2 aieee unit & go to the office & said him i have done that mistakes then it will be do for u ok
ithink ur query is solved
8th June 2010, 03:51 PM
KUTAGULLA ANOOP

Default Re: Selected general category instead of obc in aieee 2010

I KUTAGULLA ANOOP ROLL.NO.20408374 AIEEE 2010 have done a mistake of selecting my category as general instead of obc in my aieee application form which has already been sent.
i have even got my admit card and score card. Are there any kind of acceptance for the change of caste from general to obc now,before the councelling??[/QUOTE]
Got 124 marks.Please consider the matter.In the examination hall also filled the proforma as OBC. Thanking you sir
9th June 2010, 01:06 AM
sanket mathur

Contact to the concerned authority of AIEEE for this.
9th June 2010, 03:30 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
sir
dear friend, now nothing can be done. You have to study very hard because now you will be regarded as general category student.also you will not get benefit of being obc now. But you try talking to cbse chairman,maybe some hope is there.
10th June 2010, 11:05 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Selected general category instead of obc in aieee 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUTAGULLA ANOOP View Post
I KUTAGULLA ANOOP ROLL.NO.20408374 AIEEE 2010 have done a mistake of selecting my category as general instead of obc in my aieee application form which has already been sent.
i have even got my admit card and score card. Are there any kind of acceptance for the change of caste from general to obc now,before the councelling??
Got 124 marks.Please consider the matter.In the examination hall also filled the proforma as OBC. Thanking you sir[/QUOTE]

I dont think now anything can be done, its too late to do so.

If an OBC candidates fails to submit the proof for being OBC then at that thime he/she may me treated as General Candidate or there candidature must be cancelled, but Reverse situation can not be obtained in your case.

Dont worry you have scored 124 which is good enough for getting into any good Private Institutes. And I would also not suggest you to take a drop for the next year time is more precious.

Best of Luck
13th June 2010, 10:01 AM
Unregistered

i N.rohit hall ticket no 20312992 marked general catagory instead of obc.i got 102 marks can u plez solve my problem send me your message to [email protected]
3rd July 2010, 12:46 PM
Senior Member+++

sorry friend nothing can be done now because you already filled the form now you will be considered as a general and willnot be able to get any concession meant for obc so prepare well and score good after you qualify you can change your identity
31st August 2010, 08:54 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

hi friend

there will be no problem if you have selected the general category

but you will not get the reservation for the obc

you will be treated as the general student
30th December 2010, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

i have to send obc proof with form
16th January 2011, 02:26 AM
Unregistered

do v have 2 send our obc certificates along with our forms in aieee?
16th January 2011, 02:28 AM
Unregistered

do i have to send my obc certificates along with my aieee form?
20th January 2011, 05:24 PM
quddus

Hi friend,
sorry, you will receive your admit card, and there is no possibility to change the
category. so, i will suggest you, just contact to the aieee administration, i think
they will help you better. but according to me, give exams first, if you clear the exams
with good rank, then you can tell your problem at the time of counseling.
All the best!
25th January 2011, 04:44 PM
abhimanyu2688

Hello Friend,
As you already got your Admit Card for the Examination, it is not possible to change the category now. It could have been changed if you had tried to change it at the time of submitting your application form.
So, you will be treated in general category and your marks and rank will be evaluated on that basis.
But you can contact the AIEEE concerned authority for help and suggestions.
Good Luck.
25th January 2011, 05:07 PM
abhimanyu2688

Post Re: Selected general category instead of obc in aieee form

Hello Friend,
As you already got your Admit Card for the Examination, it is not possible to change the category now. It could have been changed if you had tried to change it at the time of submitting your application form.
So, you will be treated in general category and your marks and rank will be evaluated on that basis.
But you can contact the AIEEE concerned authority for help and suggestions.
Good Luck.
26th January 2011, 07:19 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Friend;
It is a big mistake but now nothing be done. your admit card is make as a general category student. So do hard work and get success in the examination. If you want to get more information then you can contact the AIEEE office. The contact information is given in the prospectus.
all the best.
12th February 2011, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

i have submit the form is that registered
23rd March 2011, 11:18 PM
amlendu
Senior Member++

hi,
catagory. so, i will suggest you, just contact to the aieee administration, i think
with good rank, then you can tell your problem at the time of councelling.
thank
24th March 2011, 10:27 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

now you will be considered as general category candidate. you must be very much careful at the time of form fill up. you should not do this type of mistake.

this year just appear in AIEEE examination as general category candidate and appear as OBC candidate in next year. other then this you can't do anything.

you may contact with the AIEEE office regarding this. they may help you to solve your problem if possible.

here is the contact details of AIEEE office
The Assistant Secretary (AIEEE Unit)
Central Board of Secondary Education
PS 1-2, Institutional Area
IP Extension, Patparganj, Delhi 110 092
Ph: 011-22239177-80 Extn. 110, 151, 157
011-22246095, 22246087
Fax: 011-22246095, 22235775
E-mail: [email protected]
[email protected]

best wishes.
24th March 2011, 11:23 AM
sumit9897gaur

You have to contact Administration department of AIEEE delhi as soon as possible if not done so, than your category will be assumed as general rather than O.B.C. you can show them your o.b.c certificate that will definately work out.
and prepare for exams without keeping any things in mind that will surely help you
6th April 2011, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

can an obc candidate be treated as general candidate if he fails to produce obe certificatein iit jee
7th April 2011, 08:21 AM
Taurus007

hii

Selected general category instead of obc in aieee form
It is a big mistake but now nothing be done. your admit card is make as a general category student. So do hard work and get success in the examination. If you want to get more information then you can contact the AIEEE office. The contact information is given in the prospectus.
now you will be considered as general category candidate. you must be very much careful at the time of form fill up. you should not do this type of mistake.
this year just appear in AIEEE examination as general category candidate and appear as OBC candidate in next year. other then this you can't do anything.
you may contact with the AIEEE office regarding this. they may help you to solve your problem if possible.
here is the contact details of AIEEE office
The Assistant Secretary (AIEEE Unit)
Central Board of Secondary Education
PS 1-2, Institutional Area
IP Extension, Patparganj, Delhi 110 092
Ph: 011-22239177-80 Extn. 110, 151, 157
011-22246095, 22246087
Fax: 011-22246095, 22235775
E-mail: [email protected]
[email protected]

good luck
7th April 2011, 01:15 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

You are too late. you have already got your admit card for AIEEE exam.

Before the counselling, it is not at all possible to change the category from General to OBC.

So, nothing is there in your hand. Only thing that you can do is appear for the AIEEE exam as a candidate of General category.

Better don't repeat this type of mistakes again and again and hope well for the next year AIEEE exam.
7th April 2011, 01:37 PM
kanchanyadav
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can an obc candidate be treated as general candidate if he fails to produce obe certificatein iit jee
Hi,

Yes if a OBC candidate fails in producing obc certificate at the time of admission will be counted as general category candidate.

But what is the problem still there is time you can contact tahshil dar at your home town and can make a request for issueing OBC certificate.

So don't worry prepare well for IIT-JEE- 2011.

All the Best....
4th May 2011, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

in the form of aiee.In the place of cbse or state board i fill cbse but its wrong i gave state board but my form received and i got 100 marks is any problem in councelling
11th May 2011, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

I have selected in obc category , but i am not submit the obc form so i have to enq abt how can come in obc category... tell me............
14th May 2011, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

sir, i selected obc category in my app. form but in my form status n admit card my category is sc , for this query i had posted my obc xerox papers to recommended address but not yet get any reply by the authority . please try to solve my problem. my app. form. no. is 0469594 n admit card no. is 21321438 ,,, puja
16th May 2011, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

yesterday AIEEE have given a notification by which you can change now. Please contact them. They have given a chance to change. You have to produce the certified copy of the OBC certificate
10th June 2011, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

I wuld like to endorse my sub category under obc quota. Is there any format for it ? or can i do somethin about it .
2nd December 2011, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

sir , I have done mistake of selecting my catogry as general instead of obc in my online aieee application form can be ishould change my catogry even that idid not sent my application form
7th December 2011, 11:11 AM
Unregistered

sir , I have done mistake of selecting my catogry as general instead of obc in my online aieee application form can be ishould change my catogry even that idid not sent my application form i only get the registation number only .may it possible please give me replay
7th December 2011, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

sir , I have done mistake of selecting my catogry as general instead of obc in my online aieee application form can be ishould change my catogry even that idid not sent my application form
7th December 2011, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

sir , I have done mistake of selecting my catogry as general instead of obc in my online aieee application form can be ishould change my catogry even that idid not sent my application form is any possibilitys to change the catogery
4th April 2012, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

sir, I have done a mistake of selecting my category as obc instead of general in my online aieee application form can be i should change my category even that i did not get my admit card. Is any possibilities to change the category?
10th April 2012, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I have given an enclosure of being an OBC candidate, but the problem is that the OBC certificate has been issued by the State Municipal Council Member. Will it be granted? Or my candidature will be cancelled?
11th June 2012, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

sir, i belong to ph category but my ph rank is not showing in my internet result copy of aieee 2012
. plz sir help me. my email id is [email protected]
12th June 2012, 09:33 PM
tl.com

hello friend,
Sorry dear Nothing can be done now.

If you have appeared for AIEEE then your ranking and Merit list will be prepared considering you as a General Candidate.

And now in no way you will longer considered as an OBC candidates. If you able to crack AIEEE with good rank then dont think about being OBC candidate just take admission. OTherwise you can appear next time a an OBC candidate.

Dont worry, it would not be any problem.

It is clearly mentioned in Information Broucher that candidates from Back ward community have to produce there Caste Certificate at the time of councelling, failing of which candidate must be considered as a General Cndidate.

So, nothing to worry about it.

thanks
14th June 2012, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

sir , I have done mistake of selecting my catogry as general instead of obc in my online aieee application form what can i do for further proceeding in my counselling, can i have any consideration .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?