29th September 2010, 05:00 AM
Artistic008

Short term courses after BCA? MCITP, J2EE?

I'm Joreece. I'm a BCA student, who have done her course in an M.G. University off-campus centre, awaiting her final year results, which will be late. I like programming esp. working with .net, ever since i did my final year project in .net. so, obviously MCA is the best choice for me. The problem is that i've a lot of months before i can get admitted into a good college for MCA. What do i do in those months? should i take up courses like MCITP or J2EE? I really don't have any idea, about what i should do next. if possible, i would like to work.

Also, my passion superior to programming is writing. i write on and on about almost anything. is there any way to develop that on the side?

29th September 2010, 03:57 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Short term courses after BCA? MCITP, J2EE?

hello friend

you can do Short term courses after BCA is some given below

1.J2EE.

2.J2ME.

3.JAVA.

4.NETWORKING.

5.Oracle.

6.dbms.

etc.

all the best..............
29th September 2010, 07:38 PM
mohit brh

there are short term course on .net but you are good in .net and java than you do not need to do this type of project so you can do short term course MCITP or J2EE. this type of course is very good for you and you can do other programming courses which is helpful for you in MCA.
29th September 2010, 10:44 PM
kool
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Short term courses after BCA? MCITP, J2EE?

dear friend,

No doubt the short term courses will help you for further knowledge as well as also help you to getting jobs.

& for job you can do certification course like SUN certified JAVA,Oracle certified OCA,OCP etc.

other wise you should do at least one of the courses like J2EE,J2ME,Asp.Net,C# etc during the period of waiting your BCA result.

& These courses will also help you to do any project. & also you can take reference these courses in any interview if IT companies.

good luck.
29th September 2010, 11:40 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

1.J2EE.

2.J2ME.

3.JAVA.

4.NETWORKING.

5.Oracle.

6.dbms.
these are all the courses after bca you can join them
30th September 2010, 07:33 AM
yogeshkumarsoni

hello friend

1.J2EE.

2.J2ME.

3.JAVA.

4.NETWORKING.

5.Oracle.

6.dbms.

etc.

30th September 2010, 06:16 PM
Artistic008

Smile Re: Short term courses after BCA? MCITP, J2EE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kool View Post
dear friend,

No doubt the short term courses will help you for further knowledge as well as also help you to getting jobs.

& for job you can do certification course like SUN certified JAVA,Oracle certified OCA,OCP etc.

other wise you should do at least one of the courses like J2EE,J2ME,Asp.Net,C# etc during the period of waiting your BCA result.

& These courses will also help you to do any project. & also you can take reference these courses in any interview if IT companies.

good luck.
Thank you sir/ma'am for your advice. I'll definetely make use of them.

I've one more query. I haven't taken Maths in 12th. i've learnt that most of the colleges that provide mca, ask for maths in 12th. will i be able to attend a good mca college, with a bca degree and no maths in 12th? if so, can i please request of you, to suggest colleges that admit students of the above qualifications? Thank you.
30th September 2010, 06:25 PM
Artistic008

Quote:
Originally Posted by solution View Post
hello friend

1.J2EE.

2.J2ME.

3.JAVA.

4.NETWORKING.

5.Oracle.

6.dbms.

etc.

Thank you sir/ma'am, for your advice. it's a bit confusing though about which i should take first, but i think it depends on which field i like. i think i'll start off with java ending with oracle. thank you again for your reply.
30th September 2010, 06:32 PM
Artistic008

Post Re: Short term courses after BCA? MCITP, J2EE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit brh View Post
there are short term course on .net but you are good in .net and java than you do not need to do this type of project so you can do short term course MCITP or J2EE. this type of course is very good for you and you can do other programming courses which is helpful for you in MCA.
Thank you sir, for your kind reply. i'm not very proficient in java, than in ASP.NET, so i think i'll start off with java. i've learnt that companies hire only experienced java personnels, can you tell me through what way i can acheive this experience? sorry if this is a silly question, but it is in earnest that i inquire. Thank you.
30th September 2010, 09:51 PM
babydoll

Hi!
Yes MCITP and J2EE is the good option for short duration course. But why don't you go for C# or other database plateform like SQL,ORACLE,SAP etc.
You can also do 3 months software development courses from NIIT or IBMace.
these are the good option for you, just go for any one from these.
Good luck!
30th September 2010, 09:59 PM
meeria

dear friend

yeah good thinking because short term courses will help you for further knowledge as well as also help you to getting jobs.
you can do bellow course..............

1.J2EE.

2.J2ME.

3.PHP.

4.NETWORKING.

5.MYSQL

6.ASP.NET

as you wish

have a good day
30th September 2010, 10:00 PM
meeria

dear friend

yeah good thinking because short term courses will help you for further knowledge as well as also help you to getting jobs.
you can do bellow course..............

1.J2EE.

2.J2ME.

3.PHP.

4.NETWORKING.

5.MYSQL

6.ASP.NET

as you wish

have a good day
12th November 2010, 08:03 PM
chandana Reddy

hi..
the short term courses that are available for a BCA graduate are
1.J2EE.
2.database management(oracle)
3.networking
4.dot net

good luck
13th June 2011, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

I m kritika. i have complted my graduation this year under HPU. In my mind thr r lots of qustn related to my futr n i want ur help.
i dnt want to do mca . i want to do some short tym courses for maximum 6 months or 1 year n tat course help me in finding job eaisly.
i want your help to know wat to do????????????
19th August 2011, 11:48 PM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artistic008 View Post
I'm Joreece. I'm a BCA student, who have done her course in an M.G. University off-campus centre, awaiting her final year results, which will be late. I like programming esp. working with .net, ever since i did my final year project in .net. so, obviously MCA is the best choice for me. The problem is that i've a lot of months before i can get admitted into a good college for MCA. What do i do in those months? should i take up courses like MCITP or J2EE? I really don't have any idea, about what i should do next. if possible, i would like to work.

Also, my passion superior to programming is writing. i write on and on about almost anything. is there any way to develop that on the side?
u have a lot of time to learn a language like java,j2e2,j2me,networking,operating system like android or linux.
u can also choose software engineering,database.

so u have many choices

all the best
28th August 2011, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

I m uzma i have complted BCA. In my mind thr r lots of qustn related to my futr n i want ur help.
i dnt want to do mca . i want to do some short tym courses for maximum 6 months or 1 year n tat course help me in finding job eaisly.
i want your help to know wat to do????????????
11th September 2011, 08:16 AM
manoj rajpurohit

Dear friend.......

you have the ability to make your career, so you can go to the j2ee, this is a good course which you can do.

there are also many courses to do.:-

c++

mobile operating system

.net

web designing

animation

android.

best of luck.
19th July 2012, 06:03 PM
Onkar Kaur
Senior Member+

If you have a time of atleast 6 months then you should definitely go for J2EE/J2ME. Because Java programming is most in demand. After completing this you can get certification in Android. Android has a good scope in these days and it is completely based on Core Java.

But, if you have the time of only 2-3 months then you should go for PHP, after doing this you can make websites besides your MCA.

PHP is also in good demand these days, but because you are going to continue your MCA, both will be good for you. But I would like to suggest you must go for Anroid during MCA training time. Its really good.

And stay update and always look for new techniques.

GOOD LUCK.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?