12th September 2011, 02:25 AM
Unregistered

Should I do Biotechnology course in Kenya?

I want to study biotech but i fear the course has no market in kenya, please advice thanks.

Related Questions:
  1. How to get admission in the Undergraduate Engneering course under DASA scheme? -- [New]
  2. Which are the best Aeronautical Engineering colleges in AP? How are the opportunities for girls in Aeronautical Engineering?
  3. Which are the high paying companies in Abroad for Agricultural Graduates?
  4. SAP courses and SAP Institutes after BE in Industrial Engineering and Management
  5. How can I get scholarship by Kenya Airways to do Pilot Training course?
  6. Can I get scholarship to study B.Tech in Lovely Professional University being a 12th IGCSE student from Kenya?o
  7. How can I do industrial training in Kenya while doing 3rd year B.Tech IT?
  8. Scope of Electronics and Communications Engineering? How to prepare for the Interviews?
  9. Information about MSc Biotechnology? I have completed BSc Biotechnology
  10. Which field I can go for doing Post graduation course after completion of B.Sc Biotechnology?
  11. Scholarship in Pilot training though Japan Government this year for Kenya Student?
  12. B.Sc(biotechnology) or B.Tech(biotechnology): better choice for a job in Biotechnology field?
  13. Should I do BSc Biotechnology after opting for Biotechnology without Maths?
  14. Scholarships available to study MBBS in USA for a candidate who belongs to Kenya?
  15. Which courses can I opt for after completion of B.Tech in Biotechnology? Is MS associated with Biotechnology a good choice for me?
  16. What are the jobs in Biotechnology after completing MSc Biotechnology -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Education details for Somali nationality student with 36 years old in India and have done secondary school in Kenya?
  18. How many subjects are there in Biotech and which are they
12th September 2011, 10:17 PM
tanmayeetripathy

Default Re: Should I do Biotechnology course in Kenya?

Yes you can pursue the biotechnology course in kenya

most of this research is at laboratory level in kenya while contained field testing with maize, cotton and sweet potato have been conducted.

In case of livestock dna technology is directed to vaccine development and disease diagnostics and this is applied in all the country. Related work in the region includes development of recombinant dna vaccines e.g. Against newcastle disease, rift valley fever and rinder-pest. Development of molecular diagnostic techniques for livestock diseases such as east cost fever, lumpy skin disease, contagious bovine pleuro-pneumonia), foot and mouth disease (fmd) as well as for detecting resistance to drugs, microbial quality analysis of foods (fish, diary and meat) and dna mapping in animal breeding are all in practice.

Key government institutions dealing with biotech

relevant government institutions that will play an important role in the new biotechnology environment in the country will include:
National council for science and technology
national biosafety authority
kenya plant health inspectorate service
kenya agricultural research institute
national environment management authority
kenya bureau of standards
kenya industrial property organization
department of veterinary services

-it is better to do biotechnology course in india because its carrer scope in india is increasing day by day..

Biotechnology is also used in developing various medicines, vaccines and diagnostics, increasing productivity, improving energy production and conservation. In the field of animal husbandry, it is the use of biotechnology which has improved animal breeding. Besides, it has improved the quality of seeds, insecticides and fertilizers. In genetic engineering, the biotechnology has created cloned animals by initiating new modes of propagation.

Biotechnology career has excellent prospects mainly in the areas of medicine and agriculture.

Eligibility

the candidate seeking admission in biotechnology must have a background in science. At intermediate level, he/she should have studied any of the subjects such as physics, agriculture, chemistry or biology to join b.tech. There are also b.sc biotechnology offered at certain universities where the requirement is the completion of class 12 with subjects such as physics, chemistry, and mathematics. For postgraduation programmes like m.sc, graduates in all sciences, engineering technology and medicine are eligible. Some of the pg courses available in biotechnology are as follows.
• m.sc. Biotechnology
• m.sc. (agriculture) biotechnology
• m.v.sc. (animal) biotechnology
• m.tech. Biotechnology
• m.sc./m.v.sc.in veterinary biotechnology
• m.sc.(marine) biotechnology
• medical biotechnology

carrer prospects :-

biotechnology is a 2 year course after graduation (10+2+3) pattern of education in physical, biological, agricultural, veterinary and fishery sciences. Graduates in pharmaceutical sciences engineering, technology or medicine can also do a post graduation in biotechnology. For studying and applying biotechnology to agriculture or animal science, graduation in agriculture / horticulture / forestry / fisheries /veterinary sciences /agricultural engineering is required.
5th November 2011, 11:52 AM
incionggyn

Default Why Do A few On-line Businesses Fall short Although Other people Succeed

Why do a few on-line corporations fail while others be successful? Not every person makes a profit online or in any kind of business opportunity for that matter.

Truthfully, along with all of the business opportunities you see on the net, can you tell me 1 where each fellow member has had 100% success? There are many reasons the reason why I believe individuals fail with any kind of on the internet business.

These people merely give up before they've the chance to achieve success (I'm certain you realize somebody such as this).

1. Lack of promotional efforts within their enterprise. If no one knows about your own opportunity, how can you succeed?
2. These people think that they can simply watch for good results without undertaking anything to assist their own company develop as well as make money.
3. They don't still educate on their own about the program or the internet for instance.

The problem is that a lot of people sign up for a course or even organization and then don't need to perform something to promote their organization. Although you'll find built-in advertising opportunities that will perform 90% of the perform for you personally, some people incredibly don't get involved. A lot of people will sign up for and just sit back, not lifting a finger to learn as well as develop their organization. Nothing in everyday life works such as this, this particular approach in no way has worked and never ever will work. Please comprehend this particular.

m>Formula for Good results ~~~ S- Pick Your Aim, U- Unlock Your own Inprisoned Potential. C- Dedicate Oneself to Your Strategy, C- Graph Your own Course, E- Anticipate problems, S- Stand Firm in your Commitment, S- Surrender Everything in order to Jesus!!!!!!!!!!

Whenever you strategy an issue, remove yourself associated with preconceived opinions and prejudice, put together as well as learn the facts from the circumstances, make the actual selection that seems to you to be essentially the most honest, then stay with it. This dosen't matter exactly how sound your opinions is if it's based on faulty information or even presumptions. you can't feel properly inside the lack of details.

The point is the fact that you have to consider worst-case possibilities regardless of whether you're operating the company, top the department, coaching the group or even planning your own individual financial situation. Your goal is not to be unfavorable or to express the most detrimental, just be prepared for this just in case it takes place. This way, you give yourself the very best likelihood for a positive outcome, no matter what.

There is just one individual in this globe that could choose the proper chance for you and that person can only end up being a person. Whilst you are able to obtain all the information on the planet about the positive aspects of accelerating your own personal business for that long-term, you might be the only one that can decide if the opportunity is actually proper for you.

A lot of people spend much more time preparing their own summer time holiday than preparing their own lives, don't end up being one of them, plan as well as invest within your future after that you are going to succeed.
__________________________________________________ ____________
WoW Power Leveling
Buy Diablo 3 Gold
15th January 2013, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

i am currently undertaking Bsc. Biotechnology. are there any job opportunities??..after completion of my first degree?
15th January 2013, 08:56 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Yes ,you can do a biotechnology course in Kenya.The course is offered at-

Diploma In Biotechnology Course At Kenya Polytechnic University College

Its a Diploma In Biotechnology.The course duration has 9 terms.The details are as under-

Course Type: Diploma
Duration: 3 years
Study Method: Fulltime
Fee: Kshs on application
Intake Date: September

Most of this research is at laboratory level in kenya while contained field testing with maize, cotton and sweet potato have been conducted.

In case of livestock dna technology is directed to vaccine development and disease diagnostics and this is applied in all the country. Related work in the region includes development of recombinant dna vaccines e.g. Against newcastle disease, rift valley fever and rinder-pest. Development of molecular diagnostic techniques for livestock diseases such as east cost fever, lumpy skin disease, contagious bovine pleuro-pneumonia), foot and mouth disease (fmd) as well as for detecting resistance to drugs, microbial quality analysis of foods (fish, diary and meat) and dna mapping in animal breeding are all in practice.
13th June 2013, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

am a diploma student in biotechnology but i fear tha biotech is being campained against in european countries
30th July 2013, 03:36 AM
Unregistered

what job may end up doing in kenya if i do a biotechnology course?
9th February 2014, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

Is biotechnology course marketable in Kenya? Where can one be employed?
10th June 2014, 01:11 AM
Unregistered

I am pursueing a bachelor of science in medical biotechnology,am worried of my future place of work and are there such job opportunities in kenya,for medical biotechnologists only,in kenya?.please assist
23rd September 2014, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

I heard that if you are pursuing medical biotech then you are legible of taking medicine after you graduate..,is it true?
29th September 2015, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

I am a first year student in
mmust pursuing bsc medical biotechnology. my fear is that no university in Kenya is offering masters degree in this course....what is our fate?? and what jobs will I get immediately after my degree in Kenya? pliz assist.thanks in advance and am looking forward to hear the reply soon
12th March 2016, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

i am interested in taking biotechnology as a course but i dont want to start with diploma but degree which university is the best for me to inquire
20th April 2016, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

I want to do biotechnology but am not sure if I can get a job in Kenya please advice
9th March 2017, 04:50 PM
Unregistered

I am a first year student pursuing renewable energy and biofuels technology in kibabii university , am worried about job opportunities available in my line of career, please help me know the job opportunities
29th August 2017, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

I am a student in my first year pursuing a degree in Biotechnology at jomo Kenyatta university of agriculture and technology. Am worried about job opportunities available in my line of career. Please help
8th September 2020, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

How many years does medical biotechnology takes in mmust
27th May 2021, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

i want to pursue biotechnology involving lab stuff such as creating drugs and vaccines for human beings not researching about maize diseaes,am i required to do medical biotechnology or pursuing just a plain bachelor of science in biotechnology is efficient?
20th May 2022, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

Should I do biotechnology in kenya
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?