15th May 2011, 02:15 PM
hira khan

Should I do MBA or M.Com for teaching? Is correspondence degree a hindrance to get a job of lecturer?

I am a correspondence b.com graduate from du with 49 percent.and now pursuing o level from doecc. i want to do mca.should i do mca or m.com for teaching?which is better?is correspondence degreea hinderance in getting me a job as a lecturer?

Related Questions:
  1. Should I do MCA or M.Com for teaching? Which job is better for Lecturership? Is correspondence degree a Hindrance in getting a job as a lecturer?
  2. Is it possible to pursue masters degree? How can I become a lecturer after M.Com MBA
  3. Can I apply for a job of lecturer in management colleges after doing MBA correspondence?
  4. How not to work as a lecturer after doing MSc Mathematics in correspondence from Kumvempu University?
  5. Correspondence course in B.Ed from Mumbai which do not require teaching experience?
  6. Can I become a Lecturer if pursue MBA(HR) being a Physics graduate?
  7. Can M.Com students choose Management as subject in UGC NET entrance exam?
  8. Eligibility to be a college lecturer without completing post graduation degree?
  9. Does this a right choice of doing M.Com after completion of MBA in HR to have a future in Teaching?
  10. Best colleges where I can do correspondence MBA course in Chennai? Is there any use to do MBA in correspondence?
  11. Eligibility to study M.A./M.Sc in Mathematics for BCA, MCA and B.Ed holder?
  12. Probability to get a job after doing MBA Airport management correspondence degree course?
  13. Fee structure for correspondence MBA in HR?
  14. Will it be easier to get job after completing MBA(airport management) through correspondence?
  15. List of colleges offering correspondence course for B.Ed in Mumbai without requiring any teaching experience?
  16. NET exam details to join as a lecturer in school or college? -- [New]
  17. Which course is better between MBA and M.Com after B.Com hons correspondence? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Could an MBA in HR help me in getting a job of a lecturer in MBA colleges?
10th October 2011, 11:00 AM
u.n.archana

Default Re: Should I do MBA or M.Com for teaching? Is correspondence degree a hindrance to get a job of lecturer?

Hi Hira khan,I am glad to know about your interest for MCA (or) M.Com.Well,My suggestion for you is to persue M.com ,because you have already completed your UG in B.com and you would find it better to continue with maters in same discipline,but performing a correspondence course would not be advisable for a lecturer post.so,join in regular college.

regards,
10th October 2011, 08:28 PM
shweta1989

Default Re: Should I do MBA or M.Com for teaching? Is correspondence degree a hindrance to get a job of lecturer?

hello @hira khan..

Dear as you wrote you did b.com and you want to do MCA then as you want you should do MCA.
friend as you want to do teaching in future then you have to do M.Com. this will helps u a lot for teaching.
it doesn't really matter that you do Master's regular/correspondence but sometimes some college having some criteria for the selection of staff members/lecturer..some college wants that the candidate should did his/her master's regular as their requirement.

hope u'll understand what i am saying.
all the best
19th January 2012, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

hi i have completed my b.com & also i have completed my inter CA and now i want to join M.com, I want to know that whether i will get a job as a lecturer in college after finishing my M.com? please reply.
19th January 2012, 05:30 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

I would suggest you to go for M.Com, because your graduation marks is 49%.

And I think it will be a bit tough for you to handle the course of MCA.

But you are confident enough to carry on MCA effieciently, then you can go for it.

And as far as job is concerned, that does not matter if you get the degree from regular course or from distance education, the value of degree or certificate is same.

You can get the post of a lecturer by pursuing MCA and M.Com both.

So choose according to your interest and capability.
2nd February 2012, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

hi.kanu here ...have done my grad in bsc (sci) ...wanna ask mba in( hr) or msc ..wch 1 is better???
2nd February 2012, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

M.COM or MBA. which course has got more scope???
2nd February 2012, 07:11 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

Should I do MBA or M.Com for teaching

As degree in post graduation is necessary for appearing for NET examination.

Most MBA institutions does not provide any degree for their course instead they provide Post graduate diploma for the course .

Diploma Holder is not eligible for appear for the NET examination conduct by UGC for Lecturer ship.

Is correspondence degree a hindrance to get a job of lecturer

it is not at all consider in NET examination that whether you have done your post graduation from distance education/correspondence or from regular college.

what is relevant for appearing for NET( National Eligibility Test) conduct for Lecturer ship is that you must hold 55% marks in your post graduation.
AS
[B]Minimum qualification for NET entrance exam[/B
Masters in subject from recognized university with at least 55% marks.

Age Limit
For Lecturer ship - There is no age limit to apply for Lecturer ship.

UGC conduct the examination twice in a year.

This examination is conducted for the Junior Research Fellowship and Lecturer ship.

For more info of NET examination visit
www.ugc.ac.in/inside/net.html
28th February 2012, 01:59 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

you did b.com and you want to do MCA then as you want you should do MCA.
friend as you want to do teaching in future then you have to do M.Com. this will helps u a lot for teaching.Most MBA institutions does not provide any degree for their course instead they provide Post graduate diploma for the course .Diploma Holder is not eligible for appear for the NET examination conduct by UGC for Lecturer ship.Is correspondence degree a hindrance to get a job of lecturer it is not at all consider in NET examination that whether you have done your post graduation from distance education/correspondence or from regular college.what is relevant for appearing for NET( National Eligibility Test) conduct for Lecturer ship
it doesn't really matter that you do Master's regular/correspondence but sometimes some college having some criteria for the selection of staff members/lecturer.
2nd March 2012, 07:56 AM
ramandeep.2dec

M.Com is better degree than MBA when taking teaching point of view. MBA is mainly done for going in to business domain .If you want to go for teaching, I suggest you to do MCom , which is some time desired qualification for some job posts.
20th April 2013, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

hOW IS IT POSSIBLE TO DO TWO PG DEGREES SIMULTANEOUSLY???
17th July 2013, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

I hv completed my b. com with 57% of marks. I want to beome a mathematics secondary school teacher. Which correspondenxe course shall i do for that. Please let me know.
16th August 2013, 05:17 PM
Unregistered

How To I Join Mcom or Mba in Corres?. And Subject Which Has Scope
5th September 2013, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

is it possible to do MBA and Mcom simuntaneously
12th October 2013, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

How will get help in studying correspondence in mcom
19th October 2013, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE DONE BTECH..I AM INTERESTED IN TEACHING PROFESSION..WHAT CAN I DO FOR IT?
16th November 2013, 11:11 AM
Unregistered

am a teacher a 12 studied... am 40 now and want to study for MBA what is the procedure ..should i finish my BA and then join or will i be able to do MBA correspondence through ..
20th August 2014, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

I have done Bba And got around 75% from I.P.University delhi.I want to pursue Ph.d follwed by a Masters Degree.I am confused which masters fegree to pursue so that i would be eligibme to become a lecturer after clearing Net and Also be eligible for Ph.D?
Is some subjct specialization in Masters nacessary to do Ph.d?(as in if i go for M.com)
6th May 2016, 11:41 PM
Unregistered

What is best for becom a alecturer mba m.co or msc economics please reply me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?