26th May 2011, 08:47 AM
Unregistered

Should I drop a year for engineering preparation of join some BSc college?

sir... i have passed my 12th with only 86% (PCM)... I DONT THINK I WILL GET ANY GOOD RANK IN AIEEE... i have yet to give IP... My main aim is engineering n parents r forcing to join BSC in any colleges if i want to drop a year.... what to do... i want to concentrate on preparing for engineering.... plss suggest
thnk you

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to take a years drop after my graduation for IAS preparation?
  2. Should I drop after 12th if I didn't fare well in the engineering entrance exams or should I join some college and continue my preparations there?
  3. Should I drop a year to prepare for CLAT if completed 12th? Coaching classes in Madhya Pradesh for preparation?
  4. Chances of getting placements after 1 year drop?
  5. Should I join coaching for IIT JEE in 12th or should I drop 1 year for preparation?
  6. Will it be a problem for me to get a job in private companies coming for placement if I have 1 year drop after 1st year of college? -- [New]
  7. Should I take admission in BSc or drop a year to prepare for entrance exams next year?
  8. How can I join Engineering after BSc?
  9. Should I drop a year because of financial crisis being a Diploma student?
  10. Any problem in placements for students who drop one year after 12th for entrance exams preparation? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Should I drop a year and give JEE in 2016?
  12. Is Vitam(Viswanadha Institute of Technology and Management)Visakhapatnam a good college?
  13. Should I drop a year to appear in Improvement exam of 12th WBCHSE Board?
  14. In which Coaching Institutes should I take coaching for SCRA Exam? Is it good for me to drop 1 year to prepare for this Exam?
  15. How to take 1 year drop for preparation of IES exam? I have just completed my B.Tech in Civil Engineering and got placement in private company
  16. Admission in government Mahila Engineering College after scoring 14711 rank and 2713 in female category? Should I take a drop this year?
  17. Instead of taking admission, should I drop a year for preparation if not qualified in JEE Advance?
  18. Will a 1 year drop in engineering affect my career?
27th May 2011, 08:21 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I drop a year for engineering preparation of join some BSc college?

Since you still have to appear for IP exam, you try to fair well in the same. Since you have a passion for the engineering field it would be good if you prepare well for the IT exam. You could seek training for the same. If you have no other option than to B.Sc then you could take up M.Sc after that. Once you clear the M.Sc exam you can appear for the GATE exam. In this way you can secure a M.Tech qualification. But you focus should now be on the next entrance exam.
5th July 2011, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Should I drop a year for engineering preparation of join some BSc college?

sir, i have passed 12th class with only 64%. i also appeared for aieee but i was not able to hold good rank. so i took admission in DU opted for physics honours.Now i am confused that should i continue with it or should i drop this year to prepare for entrance exam?
19th July 2011, 08:12 PM
abhi789
Banned

of course you should go for du because it is a world class college.
11th December 2011, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

i am very confused. should i drop a year for iit prepration.
6th January 2012, 10:08 AM
Unregistered

sir i have dropped 1 year and now m preparing for entrance.will there be any problem while campus selection?can i get job as the freshers get?
6th January 2012, 03:34 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Should I drop a year for engineering preparation of join some BSc college?

Hi

I would say chase your dreams and desires. As you stated that you have interest in Engineering, then you should have cleared any entrance exam. But that has not happened as of now.

-> The reason being, you focused on your 12th and have faired very well in it. So good for that.

-> Next you have a drop in mind, and feel that if you dedicate another year in the Engineering preparations, you would be able to get through.
But mind you, this things only you know. You know how much hard work you can put in, what is your level of confidence, determination, hunger for what you want to do.

-> But your parents are not aware of this. So they are asking you to take up B.Sc in some good college based on your fine results in 12th boards.

-> I would suggest, you can take up a B.Sc course and side ways you can prepare your B.Tech entrance.
If you really have the desire, you would be able to get through very easily.

-> Because if you take a drop totally, that at the time of your placements it may hinder your competency with your other batch mates.

-> So I would suggest, take up any graduation course, do not waste this whole year. But keep that fire in you alive, and prepare day night for the actual course that you dream of.

Hope it helps

All the best

Regards
#RJ#
25th September 2015, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

I going to drop this year.iam interested in biology.what course can I choose this year related to biology i.e b.sc
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?