15th May 2015, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

Should I drop a year to appear in Improvement exam of 12th WBCHSE Board?

Sir,
I have given my 12th this year and I am not satisfied with my performance in Physics and Mathematics. I'm not expecting above 70 marks in both, which is very poor. I have read about improvement exam in CBSE board but I'm not sure if it is also available for students of West Bengal Council Of Higher Secondary Education.
I've filled the JEE Main application form, but seeing my preparation I don't think that I will be able to get a good rank and consequently lose on a good college. I think I will drop this year and so I was thinking of giving Improvement exam next year as I will be dropping a year anyhow? Please guide me. So my final questions stand as:
1) Is there any option of Improvement Exam for WBCHSE students?
2) Should I drop a year?

17th May 2015, 01:16 AM
james hettfield
Member+

Default Re: Should I drop a year to appear in Improvement exam of 12th WBCHSE Board?

If you are thinking of taking the board examination again, then I would like to tell you that you should think about it deeply and then only take the decision because it is going to take your one complete year.
If you have that perseverance to constantly work hard and if you think that you can do it, then only go for a drop because this one year gap is going to be very crucial for you. If god forbid, you couldn’t improve your score then it would be very difficult for you to sustain the competition in your future.
17th May 2015, 04:42 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Should I drop a year to appear in Improvement exam of 12th WBCHSE Board?

There is no option to give an Improvement Examination as it is not available in the WBCHSE Board.
So if you really think that you will be able to make a difference if you drop this year then it will be best to leave this year.
So just make sure that you are able to think properly and decide as it will be a very important Decision for you to make.
Just keep in mind that about 65% marks in aggregate is all that is required for an would be Engineer.
From what you have suggested it is clear that you are having a percentage which is above the required percentage to be eligible for the jobs of various companies after the completion of your Engineering course.
So it will be best if you can give the rest of the Examinations and then see what you have got and where you really stand.
So the decision is up to you as it is your future.
17th May 2015, 11:18 AM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Yes you can fill up improvement exams for both subjects physics and maths or all subjects it depends on in which subjects you wanna improve marks then exams are held in next year in month of march in that manner you will get sufficient time for preparations ,You can buy improvement form from any known book depot all the information about (how to fill up form and where to send this form) is provided in the Form and then you will get roll number / admit card at the address which you mention in the form.

if you are planning drop an year then its better to prepare for both JEE and Board exams , Dropping one year only for improving marks in Board exams is not an good idea if you are dropping a year for BOTH then you can prepare for both exams ,as per my knowledge its not an easy job to crack JEE exam so you must have to study harder and harder then the last year
17th May 2015, 03:47 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, there is provision for improvement examination in WBCHSE board and students who feel that they have not secured well in their boards can surely appear for improvement examination.

If you are opting for improvement examination, than as it is you are dropping a year but if you don't appear for improvement examination then also you can drop a year of you feel that your preparation is not quite well for JEE(Main) for the current year.

So, if you are very much determined about scoring well in your entrance examination, I would therefore suggest you to drop a year and prepare hard will full concentration for your boards(if you go for improvement exam) as well as for your entrance examination(JEE Main).
7th February 2016, 01:32 AM
Unregistered

I am in class 12 and after 9days my board exam will be started and i already resived my admit and my preparation is not good to score more than 70 and i want to give joint exam and i also did not finish my 11 class syllabus so i want to take admition in class 11 and i will give my best concentration on my study.is it good for me to take admition in class 11 again?plz suggest me.
13th April 2016, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

I had drop my 2015-16 ,12th exam but i also applied for the jee mains and had given exam . Now i am going to appear in 12th again. So i want to ask that how many attempts i have now . Its one or two? can i have all attempts for iit?
2nd March 2020, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

sir ,can i drop wbchse exam after class 12 test exam?
1st March 2023, 09:13 AM
Unregistered

Can I drop in wbchse board exam 2023? And exam in 2024 then I sit in neet?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?