17th June 2012, 08:49 PM
Prateekis4u

Is it possible to take a years drop after my graduation for IAS preparation?

i am a student of electrical stream in indore.... i want to ask will it be possible to take a year's drop after my graduation for ias preparation or should i join the coaching in final year???

18th June 2012, 12:37 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to take a years drop after my graduation for IAS preparation?

Until and unless you are a graduate and you meet the required age criteria, you are eligible to be placed in IAS.

Once you cross the required age limit, then you are not allowed to be placed in IAS.

There is a common written exam for the candidates to be placed in various civil services like
-IAS
-IPS
-IRS
-IFS etc.

The selection procedure that you need to crack is by
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview

Here is the required age criteria to take this exam
-A candidate of General category should be in the age group of 21-30 years to take this exam
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

Yes. Of course. It is a good choice to prepare for this for 1 year as it is one of the toughest exam in India and for which the competition is very high.

But, do this only when you have strong interest to be placed in civil services and if you are able to put your best efforts towards the completion of syllabus for this exam.

Have good preparation for this exam and crack it.

Wish you all the best.

For updated information on this exam, I suggest you to visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
18th June 2012, 12:51 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to take a years drop after my graduation for IAS preparation?

Ofcourse you can drop a year to prepare for this exam.

Its not always possible for many to do your IAS preparation with final year examination preparation.

Thus many takes a year off to concentrate fully for this exam.

You can also take the helo of some coaching institutes as well.

Following are the top ones:-

Paradigm IAS Academy

PRITHVI

A. A. Shah’s IAS Institute

Ideal Classes
18th June 2012, 06:58 PM
shalu1995

yes you can take 1year drop even for such exam every one used to take drop

thank you
23rd May 2014, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

i have given final year examz of ba.. my total % is 50 in graduation can i appear for pcs?
7th October 2014, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

I have 52% in graduation can I appear in I.a.s exam2015
14th March 2015, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

i am a 2nd year ba english lang $lit. student.I haven't start preparation yet now.till this year even i didn't think of writing ias exam.but now i strongly wish to be an ias officer.am i late to start preparation.if i am starting preparation from next year can i achieve my desire
27th June 2017, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

I am student of 11 class .I want to become IAS officer. Which stream would be best for IAS preparation ? And in case if we opted arts and do BA and could not clear exam what are the other options for us after BA ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?