25th August 2010, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

Should I go for M.Tech after B.Tech or should I go for a job?

SIR, I am in B.Tech 3rd year, from Mechanical engineering, studying in NIT Surat.
Many people suggest me not to go for M.Tech. They say that the specialization you get from M.Tech in two years, you get the same within one year if you go for job right after your B.Tech. Also they say that B.Tech professionals are paid higher salaries than those who go for M.Tech. And I want a job in which I can extract out some time daily for music, because that is my passion. I hope you understand me. I don't want a job that becomes a headache for me later, or I become frustrated from it. I am confused like hell. Please help me out as soon as possible.

Thanks...

29th June 2011, 11:16 PM
naving

Default Re: Should I go for M.Tech after B.Tech or should I go for a job?

M.tech will good after B.tech
30th June 2011, 01:52 PM

if u r interested to more study then u may join for m.tech otherwise u should get the job because the income of b.tech and m.tech have not more difference.
30th June 2011, 02:31 PM
Sagar Keshari

if you are getting m.tech to study in nit and if you want to get a high pay scale then go for master degree or if you are having some problem regarding money then go for job.
30th June 2011, 04:54 PM
raja badam

Dear Friend,

Really, you know one thing?
If you go for job you can get a Experience and your Salary is increasing with in two years.
you are One of the Great college in Engineering Student.You must do every Day at least 10 Minutes.Meditation is the good medicine for cure of Headache.you go for job.
In Student level Headache is common.but in job stage there is no Headache Because we learn so much from job.

.....ALL IS WELL.....
30th June 2011, 07:40 PM
pmpmpradeep

Lightbulb Re: Should I go for M.Tech after B.Tech or should I go for a job?

No,after completing your B.tech You should go for Job because when you join your job you get more knowledge from your company as compaired to M.tech.

If you are getting a good job then do not go for M.tech.
But if you are not finding any good job then go for M.tech. it is better for you.

Also, if you have not got good marks in B.tech then go for M.tech it will help you in future. By doing this you will improve your Knowledge in your field that you have chosen .

By doing M.tech ,you will eligible to become teacher in B.tech professor and you can also start your own choaching centers.

thank you
30th June 2011, 10:58 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

According to me you should go for M.Tech if want to study more and after that try for job on this way you can get the good knowledge and career path.
30th June 2011, 11:45 PM
rashipandit

if music is your passion and you want to give some time to it also you should go for a job.
and that's not true that a M.tech candidate get less salary than a
B.tech one. and by the way you belong to NIT you will get a good job for sure
1st July 2011, 02:47 AM
namit_sahu21
Member+

Red face Re: Should I go for M.Tech after B.Tech or should I go for a job?

As you told that music is your passion, you should not waste two years in doing M.Tech. It is true that the specification you get in m.tech can be achieved easily in one year by joining a good job.
In my opinion you should appear in the campus interviews conducted in your college. In all the NITs the placements are about 90%. So you will definitely get a job with good salary through campus interviews..
1st July 2011, 09:32 PM
amisha rath

see dear .. after graduation it is good to have a job ,as it add your value in terms of experience, technology and working environment...it depends on yourself that how you are doing your job and using the spare time for your passion.and the second case of joining MTech/MS course you can choose it after doing 1-2 yrs job,and as result of this you are having experience with specialization and companies will bless with superb salary.
2nd July 2011, 09:46 AM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Doing PG or getting into job is based upon your wish and family situation if you are from a rich background you can do your pg and then get into job or if you are in a situation to do job choose it and do pg later. Doing higher studies increase your salary too. All the best
2nd July 2011, 10:23 AM

hiiiiiiiiii.......
after b.tech if you want for higher study then m.tech is good option for you..if you secured good rank, and there is a chance in IIT or NIT then m.tech is a better option otherwise yo go for job in software company or power plant.
best of luck....................
8th November 2011, 11:28 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Should I go for M.Tech after B.Tech or should I go for a job?

Hi

Its indeed very nice that you want to take time out for your music. Let me tell you a thing. In India, only about 1 % of the population are M Tech's. So you see, the scope for the course, in the near future.

Many people might be telling you to go for a job, and that you would be able to get that same experience in a year. But the degree?

Master's degree is respected everywhere in the world. If you doing from NIT, means you are good at studies. You are just guided in the wrong direction.

Look, according to me, you should go for your M tech. Sit for the GATE exam and get admission in the IIT's or NIT's.

If you word hard now, study good then you would get a job at a higher post. And people at high post don't have to work much. They just monitor the people working under them.

Ofcourse MBA, is a must and you can do it after your M Tech. But remember.. education always pays back.

All the best.

Regards
RJ
11th November 2011, 01:29 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

As you are a student of M.Tech in Computer Science you can go for lot of field like :-

1) You can go for s/w company jobs in the companies like :-
TCS,Infosys,WIPRO,IBM etc.
The amount of salary they pay is really very high to the employers with mtech.

2) You can further go for GATE exam and then can apply for fellowships in ISRO,DRDO,IOCL etc.

3) You can go for lecturer job in the private engineering colleges.

4) You can try for state and central govt. jobs like in the banks,army,rail etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?