10th August 2011, 11:10 PM
Unregistered

Should I go for MSc IT or MSc CS?

i have done BSC CS from MUmbai University , now i want to pursue correspondence post grad so i am looking for 2 options MSc IT and MSc CS ,help me out to choose ..
email id:[email protected]

24th December 2011, 06:03 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I go for MSc IT or MSc CS?

As a B.Sc in computer science you have the foundation to understand the M.Sc in computer science better.Even though its not that you wont be able to do the M.Sc IT competently. The choice should be yours as both the course will charter your career in the similar industry. Its about the job profile you are interested in. Generally the M.Sc in CS is more inclined toward the knowledge in software skills whereas in M.Sc IT you will learn about the hardware aspect as well. If your interest area lies in the software then opt for the M.Sc CS and if its in the hardware then opt for M.Sc IT.
27th August 2012, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

i have completed bsc biotechnology. please tell me scop of msc biotechnology.
28th October 2012, 08:52 PM
Lokeshthetopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have done BSC CS from MUmbai University , now i want to pursue correspondence post grad so i am looking for 2 options MSc IT and MSc CS ,help me out to choose ..
Dear aspirant,
Both are good.
It is your choice.

I believe MSc Cs will be better in the sense that it has more options in MNC's .
In many government jobs too we can see that MSc CS is mentioned but MSc IT is not mentioned.

In MSc CS and MSc IT there is a difference in techinical subjects.

MSc CS is a indepth course in computer science field.
In MSc IT communication skills is given importance.

Believe you can and you will on the half way.
Please do visit this website for your queries related to any entrance exam.
Best of luck
29th October 2012, 02:12 AM
siddjain93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear friend,

As you have completed B.Sc in Computer science so I will suggest you to choose Computer science stream in M.Sc course instead of Information Technology. Both courses are approximately same and there is not much difference in both courses. There is slightly difference in both courses. Both courses are related to computer sector and software related field.

If you will choose Information Technology stream in M.Sc course then you will get knowledge about software field. As we all know that Information Technology is totally software related branch so in IT branch you will get mostly knowledge related to only software topics. Those candidates who are interested in software field can choose this branch. The main working of IT engineer is to develop the softwares and to explain the working of different types of softwares.

Now if we talk about Computer Science field, then this field is the combination of knowledge of Software as well as Hardware field. In computer science field you will come to get the knowledge of software field as well as hardware field. Those candidates who want to make their career in IT sector but also want to get the knowledge of Hardware field should choose computer science field. Computer science branch has more scope compared to Information Technology. So I will suggest you to choose computer science field instead of Information Technology branch.

After completing M.Sc in Computer science you can get job as a application development or system software, System programmers, Systems analysts, application programmers, program manager/officer etc. There are various top software/IT companies in India which recruit CSE candidates with good salary package.
5th March 2013, 05:24 PM
Unregistered

Can i do (it) after bsc in maths,physics and statistics?
22nd November 2013, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

I have done B.sc(pcm) and i have 5 year job experience in Saleing i am also interesting in development so i am looking for 3 options MSc IT and MSc CS and MBA,help me out to choose ..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?