20th April 2012, 05:52 PM
ritzrocks

Should I join BIMTECH Noida or SCMS cochin?

I have got through scms cochin and BIMTECH noida.But i can't decide which one to join as in Bimtech only RM(retail management) is available.Please do tell me which one to join and the highest and average packages of both colleges.

15th May 2016, 04:54 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Should I join BIMTECH Noida or SCMS cochin?

MBA has become a compulsion these days. The top companies hire good people from the best of colleges to ensure that they are well trained and knowledgeable to support, coordinate and run businesses. It is therefore necessary that every graduate strives to go for this post graduation course of Masters in Business Administration for 2 years and then gets a good job right at the beginning of his/her career.

Speaking of the two options that you have at hand, I would have the following opinion. I would suggest you to go for BIMTECH anyday than SCMS Cochin. There are the following reasons about this opinion:

1. BIMTECH is a much bigger and better brand than SCMS Cochin. It has been gaining laurels for itself over the past few years and the quality of education offered there is among the best in the country.

2. Location Advantage: Since BIMTECH is located in Greater Noida, places like Delhi, Gurgaon etc are very near and hence industrial visits, placements etc would all be benefited from this location advantage.

3.Rankings: You must notice that most of the B-School rankings these days, BIMTECH is among the top 30 B-Schools in India and whereas you would find it hard time to spot SCMS Cochin. Thus, here also it has an edge over SCMS.

4. SCMS was established in 1992 whereas BIMTECH was in 1988. Which is also older and thus better alumni base.

5. However although SCMS has advantage as its fees is low (Around 7 Lacs), and BIMTECH (10 lacs), the bigger brand would always be better for you in the future.

Also apart from all the above points, you should be more concerned about the education quality that you would be getting from the college that you would take up. There is no point in studying in a college that is not even known in the market and so you should be considerate.

Moreover, Coming to the point where you say you have the full time PGDM/MBA from SCMS but only retail management for BIMTECH, I would say that consider your area of interest in that case. Retail industry is not doing bad and hence should pay you well. But if your interest lies in some other specialization, then you do not have any other option but to join SCMS, Cochin.

The average package of BIMTECH is 7.1 lacs and highest is 21 Lacs. However, the average package of SCMS Cochin is 5 LPA and the highest is 8 LPA. The rest is up to you to decide.

Thu, do consider the above 5 points before coming to any conclusion with this comparison.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?