31st May 2016, 07:09 AM
nikeshprasad9

Should I prefer good private colleges before governemnt colleges during WBJEE 2016 counselling?

I have appeared for WBJEE 2016 and will be going through counselling. So should I prefer good pvt colleges before some govt colleges which are not too reputed. Or I should prefer only govt colleges as the govt tag will help me in future?

2nd June 2016, 10:17 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I prefer good private colleges before governemnt colleges during WBJEE 2016 counselling?

You should always look for good college and not government or any other private college. Studying in a good college with good education system and placement opportunities is far much better than studying in any government college. But yes, if the government college is reputed then its very much okay and good to study in that Institute. Otherwise, you should opt for admission in any good private college if getting a chance to opt for one.
3rd June 2016, 12:41 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I prefer good private colleges before governemnt colleges during WBJEE 2016 counselling?

Yes, you should prefer the institutes on the following basis at the time of counselling.

- Your rank in WBJEE and usual cut off scores of colleges.
- Rank and reputation of the concerned college
- Exposure facilities of the concerned college

Usually top private colleges like IEM, Techno India (Salt Lake), Heritage Institute of Technology should be preferred over government colleges that do not hold much reputation as the placement track record of these institutes are far better than such government institutes.
3rd June 2016, 05:01 PM
nikeshprasad9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SudeepKumarSaha View Post
Yes, you should prefer the institutes on the following basis at the time of counselling.

- Your rank in WBJEE and usual cut off scores of colleges.
- Rank and reputation of the concerned college
- Exposure facilities of the concerned college

Usually top private colleges like IEM, Techno India (Salt Lake), Heritage Institute of Technology should be preferred over government colleges that do not hold much reputation as the placement track record of these institutes are far better than such government institutes.
Thanks for your answer, it was exactly to the point and it clarified my doubt..
3rd June 2016, 11:38 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeshprasad9 View Post
I have appeared for WBJEE 2016 and will be going through counselling. So should I prefer good pvt colleges before some govt colleges which are not too reputed. Or I should prefer only govt colleges as the govt tag will help me in future?
In West Bengal Jadavpur University and BESU are the two top government colleges which still rules the roost. So there is no substitute for a good government engineering college. As is the norm the flock of students with good ranks are always towards these colleges first as they offer good faculty members and good placement too. The overall ambience, hostel facilities are much better of these colleges. Even the fee structures are generally well within the limit of most students.

Here's a list of the top colleges (both government and private) that you can go for:-
  • Jadavpur University, Kolkata
  • Institute of Engineering and Management
  • Kalyani Government Engineering College, Nadia
  • University of Calcutta, Kolkata
  • Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata
  • Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College, Jalpaiguri
  • Haldia Institute of Technology, Haldia
  • Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College, Jalpaiguri
  • University of Kalyani, Kalyani
  • BCDA College of Pharmacy and Technology, Hridaypur
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?