6th June 2012, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

How can a poor student of general caste do engineering? What are the facilities that are being provided?

how can a poor student of general caste could do engineering. What are the facilities provided to him.

Related Questions:
  1. Details of internship facilities or any industrial training provided by ISRO? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Details of internship facilities or any industrial training provided by ISRO?
  3. Why the government doesnt provide lower caste free education?
  4. Information about Aircraft Maintenance course? What is the scope of it? Syllabus and the facilities provided by different institutions?
  5. Fee in Karnataka medical college via KCET?
  6. Benefits and placement facilities provided by IP University for B.A.LLB student?
  7. Fee structure, process and lists of colleges in Delhi NCR?
  8. Is it possible for a general caste student to do B.Ed?
  9. Is regular coaching provided in the university premises for students who are writing exams? Are there any online coaching facilities?
  10. Job in Navy for poor student?
  11. Is there any free hostel facilities available for poor students in Chennai for their competitive exams career?
  12. Meritorious student like me can get a chance to appear in UPSC even if being 12th topper no financial assistance is provided? -- [New]
  13. minimum cbse %Is there any scholarship programme from central Government for poor but meritorious students? How much scholarship has been provided till date?
  14. How poor students can complete their education if the scholarship amount is not sufficient?
  15. Is it possible that I.P. University give us fee waiver or scholarship to poor student?
  16. Am I eligible for SBI Clerk Examination after scoring 59.8% in 12th with PCM combination being General Caste Student?
  17. How should I prepare for campus interview? I have passed diploma in engineering
  18. How can I apply for B.Tech(agriculture)? List of good institutions with scholarship facilities?
24th August 2012, 08:25 PM
potensis
Senior Member++

Default Re: How can a poor student of general caste do engineering? What are the facilities that are being provided?

By 'poor' student, what do you want to signify? Financially poor or poor in studies!
Financially poor students of general caste does not have much choice then to score more than 90% aggregate marks in class 12 to get 100% scholarship. You can also try to seek help from NGO's or your local political leaders. The way our India politics is if you can hit the headline by getting 90% or more than you will certainly get a sponsor for your educational courses from any of the major political parties. But, remember for that you will have to top in class 12 or Bachelors (you haven't mentioned whether your query is for Bachelors or Masters) or engineering entrance examination.

If you are poor in studies then you will have to work hard, try to concentrate when studying and do not let your mind get distracted. Prepare well for your academic and better for the entrance exam.
25th August 2012, 02:12 PM
suvendum14

Default Re: How can a poor student of general caste do engineering? What are the facilities that are being provided?

Hi..
The information is very usefull to you..
here is another option for you..
Appear in WBJEE exam..
Collect a familiy income certicate(which show that you are from a poor family)..
You can be eligible for WBJEE counselling in TFW(tuition fee waiver) scheme..
in this scheme you can read in govt colleges without any tuition fees..and in private colleges by paying only 10% of the total tuition fees..
If you are from a minority..then you will get a good schoralship also..
try these..
best of luck..
thank you..
28th May 2013, 09:25 AM
Unregistered

I am a poor student in genaral caste.70% mark in twelve.
28th May 2013, 04:55 PM
kumar96
Senior Member+

Any student can do engineering whether is poor or he is rich. if you have confidence in your mind then you can do engineering whether you are poor.

Government provide so much facilities for higher education. our government provide education loan for higher education you can also take education loan.

After admission in engineering various other scheme are available for poor students.

you can also help yourself by part time job. you can join any part time job of 2-3 hours which will help you very much. as a poor student you have to do very hard work in engineering. after engineering so much scope is available for you.
you have to do preparation very hard for job just after engineering.

You are a poor student so i will give you advice not join any third class college before admission collect information about study in the college and Placement record of previous years of the college. all colleges are not good they provide only degree not quality education and not any placement so there is no profit of admission in these types of college.

So before admission collect all information of the college this will be best for your future.
24th June 2013, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

where from i collect the family certificate?
and where from my tution fees weavier?
24th June 2013, 08:00 PM
Unregistered

where from i collect family income certificate?
and where from tution fee weavier?
25th September 2013, 02:42 AM
Unregistered

part time job of college
2nd June 2014, 03:11 AM
Unregistered

i got 10 cgpa in 10th and 85percent in 12th but unable to crack jee.i am a poor student of general caste. Is there any hope for enggineering?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?