26th April 2012, 03:06 PM
sagarjadhav89

Should I select Marketing or HR? I am an IT engineer and is pursuing MBA from Aurangabad University

Hi,
i am an I.T. Engineer and pursuing my MBA from Aurangabad university. I am confused to select marketing or HR as my specialization.
Tell me the scope of both.

Regards,
Sagar

Related Questions:
  1. Distance MBA Stream for Civil Engineer
  2. Which course is a better choice for me to boost up my career being a candidate pursuing MBA in Marketing?
  3. Which specialization should I choose in MBA if I am pursuing Mechanical engineering? Which Foreign University should I opt? Fee structure of the MBA colleges?
  4. How to select MBA Specialization?
  5. Which branch is better in MBA like HR, Marketing for an Electrical Design Engineer?
  6. Which entrance exam to answer to get government jobs after pursuing MBA in marketing?
  7. Which specialization is a better choice for me in MBA course being a Mining Engineer?
  8. How to join in Public Sector Companies after MBA marketing? I am pursuing MBA marketing
  9. What kind of jobs will I get after doing MBA in Marketing and HR? List of institutes offering the course?
  10. What are the government jobs for students having MBA in marketing? Are there any Semi Government companies for Marketing Jobs? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Which stream is better for me to choose in MBA being a candidate having done B.Tech in ECE? How far does it better for me of doing MBA from IGNOU?
  12. Where can I get government jobs or semi government companies jobs after completing MBA in Marketing? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. What courses can I take after T.Y.B.Com? I have completed T.Y.B.Com with 50%
  14. Scope of Marketing jobs in future?
  15. Whether pursuing MBA(HR) from SMU-DE is not beneficial?
  16. Career option in private sector after MBA in HR and Marketing as dual specialization? -- [New]
  17. What is the career in Government Sector for MBA Marketing? Which are the PSU's hiring professionals? What is their hiring process?
  18. Is there a better scope in MBA correspondence in IT and Marketing?
27th April 2023, 05:17 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Default Re: Should I select Marketing or HR? I am an IT engineer and is pursuing MBA from Aurangabad University

Marketing and HR are two popular specializations in MBA programs that offer different career paths. Marketing focuses on developing skills and strategies to promote and sell products or services, while HR is about managing an organization's workforce. In marketing, you could work in various roles such as brand management, market research, advertising, digital marketing, and sales, while in HR, you could work in areas such as recruitment, employee engagement, performance management, training and development, and compensation and benefits.

The scope of both specializations is vast, and they are critical functions in every organization. With a marketing specialization, you could work in industries such as FMCG, retail, banking, hospitality, and healthcare. Additionally, digital marketing skills are in high demand, opening up opportunities in areas such as social media marketing, SEO, and SEM. With an HR specialization, you could work in industries such as IT, healthcare, manufacturing, education, and hospitality. International HR roles are also in high demand.

It's essential to consider your interests, skills, and career goals while choosing between the two specializations. Researching the job market and speaking with industry professionals could help you make an informed decision.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?