4th December 2009, 10:01 PM
mahana

Should the OBC certificate be signed by the DM? for IIT JEE application form

The OBC certificate to be sent with the application form for IIT-JEE be neccesarily signed by the DM...
I have got this doubt because in our place the OBC certificate is signed by the tahsildar and not the DM(District Magistrate)...and my OBC certificate bears the signature of the tahsildar..
Will my OBC certificate be accepted or denied....
In case my certificate is denied, will my application form be also rejected or not.....

Related Questions:
  1. obc certificate necessary along with application form for iit jee?
  2. IIT JEE: wrongly mentioned my community as obc (cl) but i submitted my obc (ncl) certificate with online iit jee application
  3. Is it necessary to submit OBC certificate for IIT JEE?
  4. Is OBC certificate necessary along with the application form for IIT JEE?
  5. Is OBC certificate necessary along with the application form for IIT JEE?
  6. Will I be considered in the general category if I ticked OBC-NCL category in IIT JEE application form?
  7. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Advanced without Non-Creamy Layer certificate being a OBC certificate holder?
  8. Will I get the admit card after signing dis-similarly on the IIT JEE application form?
  9. Is it necessary for an OBC student to send OBC certificate along with application form? Can I apply for IIT SK Patna?
  10. OBC caste certificate required with IIT JEE form?
  11. Will my IIT JEE application form be rejected after sending an incomplete application form?
  12. Can we make changes in jee form during application of jee advance
  13. Do I need to submit an OBC certificate to appear for IITJEE under OBC quota?
  14. Can I submit IIT JEE form without having OBC certificate?
  15. Will my form for IIT-JEE be rejected having forgot to attach 10th class certificate along with IIT-JEE application form?
  16. Does I have to show my caste certificate for admission in IIT if qualified in JEE Advanced which is applied under OBC category? -- [New]
  17. IIT application form filled and signed using blue pen, will my application be rejected if I send it?
  18. How to check the status of IIT JEE application form? -- [Most Discussed]
15th December 2009, 04:07 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Should the OBC certificate be signed by the DM? for IIT JEE application form

yes it should be signed by DM.......and the format can be downloaded from the website of iits......
15th December 2009, 08:25 PM
vetriselvi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Should the OBC certificate be signed by the DM? for IIT JEE application form

No i dont think so its necessary for the obc category.
15th December 2009, 09:03 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

no it will not be rejected.
it should be attested by an gazetted officer
20th December 2009, 01:29 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

dont worry it will be not denied,my friends application was also signed by tahsildar it was not rejected he had enquired his application is submitted successfully.

Dont worry focus on your preparations
21st December 2009, 08:58 PM
anuja
Senior Member+

don't worry your application form will not get rejected,as it is signed by tahsildar.
start focusing on your preparations ,all the best...
31st December 2009, 01:37 PM
anurag kumar

Location: H.No.-101, first floor, dagar house, bijwasan New Delhi-110061.

Hi, if there is mentioned that it should be signed by the DM then you must do it otherwise your form will rejected.
30th January 2010, 05:21 PM
edward
Top Answerer

yes it should be signed by the DM if you dont do that then urs form may be rejected.
18th February 2010, 12:49 AM
atanu
Senior Member++

in the application prospects it is clearly written that the student which is from obc category must submit their obc certificate which should be attested by the DM,and it was necessary,
but you have not do this,
so in this case there is probability of your form to be cancelled,
but may be you application form also be accepted but at the time of admission you must show obc certificate sign by the DM.
18th February 2010, 12:59 AM
atanu
Senior Member++

in the application prospects it is clearly written that the student which is from obc category must submit their obc certificate which should be attested by the DM,and it was necessary,
but may be you application form also be accepted but at the time of admission you must show obc certificate sign by the DM.
20th February 2010, 01:20 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

i think it is not necessary to sign certificate by dm. you can also signed by tahshildar also, so dont worry about that.
20th March 2010, 06:35 PM
vanshu

no there is no need to get it signed by the dm
it is to be attested from a gazzetted offices
21st March 2010, 08:58 AM
Manjeet124

Hi.....
Yes my friend it should be signed by DM............
21st March 2010, 12:34 PM
nalanda
Senior Member++

dear friend,
it was clearly mention in the information brochure of iiit jee,
that obc certificate must be signed by the DM,
so you have to do that,
o k
good luck
21st March 2010, 05:29 PM
satyavani
Senior Member++

actually there is no need of an cast certificate for an obc candidate ,so there is no need for an signature of the dm
22nd March 2010, 12:34 PM
rajeshingarhwa

friend
the obc certificate should be strictly signed by the DM
but the certificate will not be needed along with the application form
it will be needed during councelling
good luck
22nd March 2010, 10:47 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

yes it should be signed only then your obc will be considered valid
23rd March 2010, 01:14 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

yes to validate the obc certificate the signature of the DM is a must
you will need the certificate at the time of councelling
23rd March 2010, 10:23 PM
gautam d wonder lover
Senior Member++

dear friend,
it was clearly mention in the information brochure of iiit jee,
that obc certificate must be signed by the DM,
so you have to do that,
o k
good luck
26th March 2010, 12:34 AM
mike shinoda back
Senior Member++

dear friend
the OBC certificate should be signed by the DM else it will not be valid
the certificate will be needed at the time of councelling
so get it signed
all the best
26th March 2010, 03:04 AM
bond007
Senior Member++

yes it is compulsory that you have to attest your OBC certificate from an DM..if you dont do that then your form can be rejected or you will be considered as an general category candidate.....
20th June 2010, 11:17 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahana View Post
The OBC certificate to be sent with the application form for IIT-JEE be neccesarily signed by the DM...
I have got this doubt because in our place the OBC certificate is signed by the tahsildar and not the DM(District Magistrate)...and my OBC certificate bears the signature of the tahsildar..
In case my certificate is denied, will my application form be also rejected or not.....
it is not necessary to have obc certificate by DM, it can be signed by tehsildar also. You will not face any problem regarding your certificate. You application form will be selected.
15th October 2010, 11:07 PM
docshakti

hi,
it is not necessary that it should be signed by DM only it will be accepted if signed by gazetted officer so don't worry no one can reject it it will be accepted.
good luck
15th November 2010, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

I am obc of rawat caste of delhi region whether i am applicable for IITJEE for 27% reservation
8th April 2011, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

i am rams father of iit jee apearing student.upto the year 2004 i was in good position in private factory.in 2007 my factory was closed now i am working in small concern from which i am being paid by which i am getting less than 4 lacs. Is my son has elligibility to get noncreamy layer quota.For claiming what type of proof i have to submit for my son.is it acceptable during addmision time.Pl suggest.
Rams
5th June 2011, 12:40 AM
Unregistered

Is there any restriction (After/Before,any particular date ) for issuing date of OBC certificate for IIT JEE 2012 Entrance exam.
5th June 2011, 02:41 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

Generally these certificates should not be older than one year when it is supposed to
be presented on some occasion. It doesn't mean that the certificate is invalid if
older than one year but it means that it requires a renewal.

As the OBC certificate also include the clause "non creamy layer" for getting
reservation in IIT and this clause reflects the family income therefore,
if you are going to appear for JEE-2012 the OBC certificate should reflect your
family income in the financial year ending on March 31, 2011.

It would be better if you apply for an OBC certificate now or in July so that your
certificate remains not as old as one year at the time of JEE counseling 2012.
5th June 2011, 12:36 PM
Rideng

Thumbs up Re: Should the OBC certificate be signed by the DM? for IIT JEE application form

Hi,
friends

if it is mentioned in the form that u have to attest or singhed by DM then u have to do that othewise it is not complusory.

good luck for iit students.
12th June 2011, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

PLEASE SAY HOW TO CLEAR IIT JEE
15th June 2011, 05:49 AM
SUMITRA_M

Quote:
No friend your it is not necessary to sign the obc certificate from dm. A tehsildar is also a eligible officer for issuing obc certificate.
14th August 2011, 05:35 PM
anilgandhi0

Smile Re: Should the OBC certificate be signed by the DM? for IIT JEE application form

Quote:

No. 360121'22193-Estt. (SCf)
'tRCI ~
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
~,.~mtm;r~
MINISTRY OF PERSONNEL PUBLIC GRIEVANCES AND PENSIONS
~~~~
DEPARTMENT OF PERSONNEL & TRAINING
~W
NEW DELHI

The Chief Secretaries of
all the State GovernmentslUnion Territories.

Sub: Reservation for Other Backward Classes - exclusion of Creamy Layer for the purpose of appoiDtment in services and posts under the Government of India -- Certificate to be produced by the candidates.

I am directed to say that the Government of India has issued instructions on 8.9.93 providing
for reservation to Other Backward Classes in the services and posts under the Government of India
(A copy of this O.M. is enclosed). The Other Backward Classes for the purpose of the above said

reservation would comprise, in the first phase, the castes and communities which are common to. both
the lists in the report of the MandaI Commission and the State Government's list. A list of such castes
and communities was notified in Resolution No. 12011168193-BCC(C), dated 10th Sept. 1993
published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary Part I Section I dated 13.9.93. For the purpose of verification of the castes and communities the Government of India has prescribed a certificate from
the following authorities as in the case of SCIST vide this Department's O.M. No. 3601V22/93-Estt.
(SCf) , dated 22.10.93 (copy enclosed):

(a) District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/CollectorlDeputy Commissioner/Additional
Deputy CommissionerlDeputy Collector list Class Stipendary Magistrate/Sub-Divisional MagistratelI'aluka
MagistratelExecutive MagistratelExtra Assistant Commissioner (not below the
rank of 1st Class Stipendary Magistrate).

(b) Chief Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency MagistratelPresidency Magistrate.

(c) Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar; and

(d) Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and/or his family normally resides.

2. In the light of the Supreme Court's judgement in the Indira Sawhney case, this Department has specified the persons/section ("Creamy Layer") to whom the benefit of reservation shall.not apply
vide column -3 of the Schedule to the Department of Personnel and Training O.M.No. 36012122/93-

Estt. (SCf) , dated 8.9.93. It has been considered that the same authorities who are notified as competent to certify OBCs status should also be authorised to certify that a candidate does not belong
to the "Creamy Layer". It is, therefore, requested that instructions may be issued to the District
Authorities under your control to verify and issue the necessary certificate to the candidat~s regarding
his OBCs status as well as exclusion from the "creamy layer". To enable the District Authorities to
examine the claims of the candidates a model format has been devised as in Annexure B.,This may
be suitably revised if considered necessary. The format of the certificate that may be given by the concerned
district authorities may be as in Annexure A

3. It is also requested that wide publiCity may be given to the Ministry of Welfare Resolution No.
120l1/68/93-BCC(C), dated 10-9-93published in the Gaze~ ofIndia/Extraordinary Part I Section I,
dated 13-9-93containing the list of Backward Castes as well as to DaPT a.M.No. 36012/22/93-Estt.
(SCn, dated 8-9-93 which specifies the criteria which will determitte the persons who belong to the
creamy layer and to whum the reservations1HnI not apply. This will facilitate the candidates to ascertain
their eligibility for reservation. It would also be advisa1?leto appropriately brief the certifying
Authorities and to provide them with sufficient number of copies of the above mentioned Gazette
Notification and the Deptt. a.M. date 8-9-93 in order to ensure prompt and correct
certification.

4. A copy of the orders issued by your Government in this regard may also be endorsed to this
Department for information.
Sd/
(Smt. Sarita Prasad).
Joint Secretary to the Government of India.

Anil
30th November 2011, 05:57 PM
pabitra_nayak
Senior Member+

5th December 2011, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

i am an obc candidate;what are the documents to be send along with my iit jee form?
8th December 2011, 06:47 PM
ibad.786

Hi friend, you may contact directly to IIT-JEE departmental office for avoiding confusions. The helpline numbers are provided on the official website of IIT-JEE for helping the students. They will surely help you. If it is possible for you to take the signature of DM, then it will be much better.
All the best!
10th December 2011, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

Yes, OBC(NCL) signed with tehsildar is accepted because it is mentioned in prospectus of IIT JEE.
12th December 2011, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

should sc certificate can be singed by tahasidar?
14th December 2011, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

CAN MY PRINCIPAL(KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA) CAN ATTEST MY OBC CERITIFICATE
29th March 2012, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

how i have to submit undertaking of obc certificate to whom(by mail or by Reg post what is the option)
11th May 2013, 07:12 AM
Unregistered

my parents were teachers belonging to GRADE C CATEGORY. THIER ANNUAL INCOME EXCEEDS 4.5LAKHS.whether am i eligible for getting OBC non creamy layer status?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?