19th October 2010, 06:57 PM
bavita yadav

Is statistical investigator job good? Is it better than Bank PO?

i have cleared the statistical investigator exam conducted by ssc. i wanna know how is the job? is it good because i have also cleared sbbj bank po exam and about to join? which one is best?
even please tell me between SBBJ and bank of baroda PO which one should i go for?

19th October 2010, 10:30 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is statistical investigator job good? Is it better than Bank PO?

well friend selecting a job ...is ones own choice and must be ones own intrest....no job can be compared...with other jobs...it depends upon your intrest of doing things..and job satisfaction.....both the jobs are best of their own kind....so you need to know what exactly is the duty behind both kinds of job and then decide which job to opt for....

Good luck !!
20th October 2010, 12:10 AM
catchkamal

Hi bavita ..first of all congrats for clearing both the exams..

see in a statistical investigator job.. initialy you will be confined towards making reports based on survey's done( according to your department,which ever you get)...its more of field work if am not wrong...so being a female candidate you have to think abt that ..but it should not be of much concern because the job is good ..also its prospects in future are quiet impressive as you will get promotions with a stamp of a gazetted officer ..you must be an ma in statistics or maths so why to waste that degree of yours..you will be kind of a goverment consultant in your future days..{and yes other incomes are also possible ;-) }

a bank po job have a different picture ..i mean 1st two years a provisional officer then a asst manager.....after 3 years a deputy manager and so on (you must be aware abt that)..kind of a decent job for girls (general thought) ..future is good.. 15 years down the line you can be a AGM (quiet impresssive).. if you are good at your job corporate world always welcomes you..

anyways what ever you do ..put your best efforts..
and yah SBBJ and BOB both are good ..i mean at same level..but sbbj have an edge of being an associate bank of State Bank of India..and further it well getting merge with SBI (but after this promotions will be slow for you guys coz SBI people will be prefered 1st,but its ok)...rest banks are banks same stuff everywhere(specialy goverment sector banks)....
anyways goodluck for your future..
20th October 2010, 02:56 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

statistical investigator ,is a field work job.Its a good job as one can learn a lot of more during his job period.But bank P.O is a totally different one as you can restricted to a limited field and the task asssigned to you .First you decide that at where your interest lies as both the jobs are good and a handsome salary. Its better for you to go for SBBJ PO as all the PO are same,there is no need to make an option.but as you have cleared the sbbj,then why looks for another?
20th October 2010, 05:46 AM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

I think u should go for po as it is royal job and also contain good salary on the other hand the in other one salary is good but is not royal. U need to work hard
20th October 2010, 11:14 AM
rahul_kumar066

every job has its own sparke but i think bank po is good you will get more chances to move forward but if u r interested in st then u can proceed ur self
21st October 2010, 07:02 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Both jobs have their own merits and demerits. The Statistical investigator is a central government job. The pay package will be less when compared with a bank PO. If you get selected in SBBJ and Baroda PO, I would suggest SBBJ as it is a subsidiary of SBI and also has more benefits.
2nd December 2010, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

In the present scenario statistical investigator is the best one as compared to PO. In this the experience of both field and office work are there.Besides handsome salary n soon promotion than a PO. PO has compulsory transferrable at the time when u need stabilty while not in SI.
31st January 2011, 01:43 AM
Unregistered

which job is good? a tax assistant or a statistical investigator?
25th February 2011, 06:59 AM
Unregistered

sir good morning.? meri selection statistical investigator grade 2 aur central bank of india po jmg scale 1 dono posts par ho chuki hai.plz tell me ki mujhe kise prefer karna chahiye.mujhe pay kitne milegi. Either po is gazzeted officer or not also statistical investigator. Posting aur transfer kaisa hai dono ka plz tell me early.jp kaur
25th February 2011, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

What is the work of statistical investigator gr -2
1st March 2011, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

Hello friends Statistical investigator job is better as compared to bank PO as it is a group B post. Along with this it is a central government job and in future you can enjoy your life.
It is a touring job. Joining this job is the best option. KRISHAN FROM MUMBAI
5th March 2011, 12:35 AM
Unregistered

what is the work of statistical investigator grade 2?is touring is must for this job?
12th March 2011, 12:59 AM
Unregistered

what matters to you is the thing you should be more concerned about, if only money and fake name, then go for PO,.....and if a little bit less money(only in comparision of SBI Po, as i myself working in SBI as PO and joined this job this month only),and i am seriously cosidering statistical investigator, as i am selected for that also,... I Will leave SBI the day i will get the offer letter from Statistical investigator,.....till then i will work in SBI......my email id is [email protected] a PO you don't get any leisure time, though the salary is good, but the time is much more costly than what they are paying..... You have to sit till 7 to 8 PM in the office, and you reach home according to the distance between your home and office..... My home us in ghaziabad, in U.P., and i am in Gujarat.....
15th March 2011, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

please provide me the details of the job of statistical investigator grade 2?
16th March 2011, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

I am finally selected in statistical investigator- 2.(ssc) Please about me work of st. Amit Sinha Bahadurganj(BIHAR). 8809008900
18th March 2011, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

I am selected in statistical investigator grade 2. My ranl is 189.Could i get posting in UP as its my 1st preference.Any idea buddy! Tell me
18th March 2011, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

I am selected as a statistical investigator gr2..I want to know the promotional channel of this post..plz help me..my email id is [email protected] you sir.
18th March 2011, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

I am selected as a statistical investigator gr2..I want to know the promotional channel of this post..plz help me..my email id is [email protected] you sir.
21st March 2011, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

I am selected as a statistical investigator gr2..I want to know the promotional channel of this post..plz help me..my email id is [email protected] you sir
24th March 2011, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

I am selected as a statistical investigator gr2..I want to know the promotional channel of this post..plz help me..my email id is [email protected] you sir
31st March 2011, 05:09 PM
Unregistered

Hello Friend. I just wants to contact with other guys who cleared Statistical Investigators Gr.II exam this year so that we can get some mutual assistance in regard of joining and all. my name is Bipin Yadav and contact no. are 9451920640 , 9696742626 with mail id [email protected].
Plz Plz contact me plz. i'll be very thankful.
31st March 2011, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

Ungent! . I need some help as i am selected in Statstical Investigator Grade 2. My name is Bipin Yadav and Mob no. 9451920640, 9696742626. plz plz any body who is also selected contact to me for the informational assistance and cooperation. it will be very helpful.
Thank you my mail id is [email protected]
31st March 2011, 11:10 PM
bipinyadav31

Urgent Urgent
May I HELP YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I also have got selected for Statstical Investigator Grade 2nd and i have got a letter from Ministry of Stststics and Programme Implementation. My name is Bipin Yadav
Plz Plz contact to me any one of you who also has been selected for same profile.
My contact no. 9457681490 , 9455512711
or mail me @ [email protected].
So plz be in touch so as to get help and cordination at the time of joining.
Thank you.
26th April 2011, 12:10 AM
Unregistered

what are the promotion options for statistical investigator grade ii ???????????? plz reply............................................. ......
26th April 2011, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

hi all... i am selected as a statistical investigator though CGL-2010 by SSC. now the thing is i am a software engineer and working for an MNC. just want to know would it be a good idea to join the stat.invst job now ? also want to know whats the job profile and all. Y am i asking now is, i got a letter from the concerned department to convey my acceptance for the post. PLEASE SUGGEST/HELP me in this.... please...... here is my mail id [email protected]
27th April 2011, 06:14 PM
vipinkr3

Hello Friends,

Here is the exact comparison of PO Job and SSC Job.

Firstly, I was selected in State Bank of Patiala as a PO, then resigned from that post, and now I am in SBI as PO. But I am looking for SSC exam coming in July 2011. Here's why:

Bank PO Job:

Plus Points::::

Respectable job, people come and say "Namaste Sir" and talk very politely.
You get to talk to and meet different people, even beautiful girls ;-)
Bank Job is treated with respect everywhere, even my college teachers have gone very polite.
The tag of a "SARKAARI NAUKRI".
You do get involved in the job and the job is interesting, atleast till 4 PM (till the time we have customer dealing going on).
Even policemen treats Bank Employees with respect. A simple PO too gets respect ;-)
Bank employees get more benefits and high interest rate to money deposits by their respective banks for being the staff.

Negative Points:::

Compulsory transfer after 5 years (officers). Once you get married and have kids, this will become the worst thing of this job. You can't move your family everywhere and can't stick with PG option after a certain age.
Too much pressure on Officers. Even a PO is made to sit till late just to give company to the branch manager. The late sitting time can very from 5 PM to 10PM depending on the work load and branch manager's mood.
Work on Saturdays too. AGM will call up BM for pending work on Saturdays and you will have to give company to your branch manager. Your expectations of going home early on Saturday get ruined too.
Salary? Every bank employee thinks that Salary is not according to the work load present in the banks.
Since there is Financial Matter that is dealt in banks, there is always a fear of something going wrong. Officers have to approve certain documents and sign on them, and if something goes wrong, you may end up paying more than what you will earn in whole of your life.
Personal Life? It goes away completely. Even on Sundays you may be called up by your branch manager for the work.
Privacy? Just forget it.
Certain parts of Salary, e.g. perks have to be claimed by you and branch manager has to approve them. Sometime these perks become difficult to claim because of Branch Manager's attitude.
Sometimes branch employees act very lazy and do not finish their work on time. Such work is handed over to PO by giving the reason, "it's learning material for you". And in those times, PO becomes a "PENDING OFFICER" from a "PROBATIONARY OFFICER".

Overall Points About Bank PO Job:

Job is fine. But you should not stick with it for so long. If you have a good qualification with you like B.Tech, MBA, ICWA etc. then keep looking for better and more options. Stick with Bank PO job only if you are not able to get any other govt. sector job. You will get promotions in Bank PO job and once you become Scale IV or Scale V officer, work load does decreases a little. But going from PO (Scale I) to Scale V Officer level job takes a lot of years 15 to 25 and depending on your performance.

SSC Job:

Though I am yet to experience it, but I have heard these things about SSC Job:

Fixed timings. In Bank Job for Officers, the time can go from 9:45AM to anything in evening of even late night, but in SSC, job timings are usually fixed.
SSC is a central govt job and there are always plus points of having a central govt job. You will even get a govt. flat to stay on.
Transfers are also there in SSC, but not as frequently as in Bank Jobs.
SSC jobs have an off on Saturday and Sundays and you will get time for your personal life and privacy. You can even prepare for IAS Examination if you want to.
Salary is equivalent to Bank Officers and there are increments in that job also.
If you get a good area of job in SSC, you will have more power in your hands than what bank employees have.

Negative Points:

Slower promotions as compared to Bank Job. I am 22 year old and there is a scope for me to reach Chairman level of SBI if I continue in it. But no such thing is possible in SSC because of fewer promotions.
If your senior if rude to you, then you will have to face him/her for the rest of your life. In bank job, your branch manager is definitely going to have a transfer after a certain period of time and you are going to have a new boss.
20th May 2011, 09:32 AM
Unregistered

Did anybody get appointment letter for statistical investigator grade 2?
27th May 2011, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

Hi, Friends
Firstly congratulation to all of u who got selection as Statistical Investigator say SUBORDINATE STATISTICAL SERVICE. For the time being Promotion scenairo is not good in this service. But in coming months promotion scenairo is going to be bright as cadre review is under consideration after which a SSS officer may be early Promoted to ISS officer post which is class I post in central govt. service.
27th May 2011, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

no, but my medical test has done.
30th May 2011, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

guys can anyone tell me that the post of statistical investigator grade II is gazetted or not...
30th May 2011, 07:02 PM
ravi_shrma1987

is stats. inv. gr.II a gazetted post. refer to this link..
http://statistical-investigator-sss.blogspot.com/2007/07/sss-profile.html
1st June 2011, 12:12 PM
SUBHABRATA DAS ,WB.

Thumbs up statistical investigator

No,it is not gazatted post bt in future there is a scope to be gazatted.
1st June 2011, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

My PVR Is going on !!!! SUBHABRATA DAS([email protected]) from WB.
1st June 2011, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

3rd June 2011, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
have u checked the link I wrote on wall
3rd June 2011, 01:29 PM
ravi_shrma1987

has anyone got the appointment letter?
how much time will it take?
3rd June 2011, 01:30 PM
ravi_shrma1987

has anyone got the appointment letter?
how much time will it take?
5th June 2011, 03:07 AM
Unregistered

what is the initial gross pay of investigator grade i of labour bureau? and what is the promotion prospect?
5th June 2011, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
have u checked the link I wrote on wall
Yes,i saw d link.
7th June 2011, 12:35 PM
bipinyadav31

Thumbs up Re: Is statistical investigator job good? Is it better than Bank PO?

As i have got the little info , it seems like the joining letter will come in the end of june. Well keep in my touch
My Ph. 9696742626
7th June 2011, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

Does anyone have any idea the possibility date of joining or receiving the offer letter from ministry of statistics and programme implementation.Im also selected for statistical investigator grade II under cgle 2010
7th June 2011, 10:06 PM
Unregistered

Actualy i have completed BCA From SMU and i wanna know dat i am applicable for statistical investigator or not because i have got the admit card for the post of statistical investigator.
8th June 2011, 04:44 PM
ravi_shrma1987

Quote:
Actualy i have completed BCA From SMU and i wanna know dat i am applicable for statistical investigator or not because i have got the admit card for the post of statistical investigator.
if u have studied stats and economics, only den u r eligible.
8th June 2011, 04:48 PM
ravi_shrma1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipinyadav31 View Post
As i have got the little info , it seems like the joining letter will come in the end of june. Well keep in my touch
My Ph. 9696742626
thanx. i got the same news from mospi haed office. do u have any facebook id
9th June 2011, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

my pvr has also done on 30 th may(moumita ghosh from W.B).any one have any idea when we will get our appointment letter from MOSPI
10th June 2011, 06:12 PM
ravi_shrma1987

Quote:
my pvr has also done on 30 th may(moumita ghosh from W.B).any one have any idea when we will get our appointment letter from MOSPI
by the end of this month said the officials of MOSPI
10th June 2011, 06:17 PM
ravi_shrma1987

Quote:
what is the full form of pvr? is it police verification os something else?
11th June 2011, 01:02 AM
Unregistered

Which Job is better ??

Bank Po or SSC Tax Assistant or such things ??

Is there any other way for Bank Po to use innovative methods by which he could finish off his work early ??
11th June 2011, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

yaa it is police verification
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?