11th October 2018, 03:27 AM
Navas shareef.p

Steps to become a Commercial Pilot for BSc(Computer Science) student?

Sir/Madam, I am a student of BSc, studying with Computer Science. I want to become a Commercial Pilot. I would like to know about the steps through which I can become a Commercial Pilot. Please help me to know about this asap.

15th January 2020, 09:00 AM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Steps to become a Commercial Pilot for BSc(Computer Science) student?

To become a commercial pilot, you must have CPL (Commercial Pilot License). To obtain CPL, First of all, One should have PPL (Private Pilot License) and then apply for CPL. You need to pursue PPL and CPL courses and on completion of respective courses and satisfying certain conditions specified by DGCA, You can get PPL and then CPL Licenses. Admission to PPL and CPL courses will be based on entrance exam conducted by respective institution.

Requirements for PPL

Physical Test
- 60 hours of minimum flying experience
- 20 hours of dual flying experience

Mental Test
Knowledge of Navigation, Aircraft and Engine, Seamanship, Aviation Meteorology and Air Pollution

Requirements for CPL

Physical Test
- Total 250 hours of minimum flying experience including 60 hours flying experience of PPL.
- Medical Test and Fitness

Mental Test
Knowledge of Flight Planning, Air Regulation, Air Navigation, Airframe and Engines, Cockpit Resource Management, Aviation Meteorology

Government Institutes For Pilot Training Courses
- All India Institute of Aeronautics, Ludhiana
- Andhra Pradesh Aviation Academy, Hyderabad
- Rajiv Gandhi Academy for Aviation Technology, Thiruvananthapuram
- Air Force Technical College, Bangalore
- Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi, Raebareli
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?