5th April 2015, 09:18 PM
Unregistered

Steps to be followed after 12th to become a Customs Officer?

Well actually my name is B.sameem deen, studying 11th standard. So my question is, what are the steps for me to become a customs officer?

6th April 2015, 01:24 AM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to be followed after 12th to become a Customs Officer?

Customs Officer is under ‘Group A’ or ‘Class 1’ Officers in Indian Administrative Service.

Candidate should have completed their bachelor degree from a recognized institute in any stream with minimum 55% marks.

Age of ccandidate minimum 21 years and maximum age is 30 years.
Those candidate who belong to reserve category, They get relaxation in age.

Selection is through Civil Services Examination (CSAT).

CSAT Exam is organised in two stages, preliminary and mains.
There will be two papers for preliminary exam.
Time allotted is 2 hours.

Paper I -may cover questions on general knowledge and day to day affairs across the globe.

Paper II -comprises questions on reasoning, mental ability, quantitative aptitude and English Language.

In mains exam there will be a written exam and interview.
6th April 2015, 01:59 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

To become a custom officer,the candidate has to get into Indian Revenue Services(IRS) and for that the candidate has to clear civil services exam conducted by UPSC.
-The qualification required is graduation in any stream from a recognized university.
-The age limit to apply for the exam is 21 yrs to 30 yrs.
-The civil services exam comprises of ;
*Civil Service Aptitude Test(CSAT)
*Civil Service Main examination
*Personality Interview.
6th April 2015, 07:45 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Selection to Customs Officer post is carried out through Civil Services Examination (CSAT).

Civil Services Examination (CSAT) is conducted by UPSC once in a year in offline mode.

If you have qualified CSAT, you will be shortlisted for Mains and then for interview.

Graduation in any stream from a recognized educational institution is the basic qualification required to attend the exam. The qualifying degree must be obtained in any stream with minimum 55% marks. Those who have completed 21 years of age are only eligible to apply for the post of Customs Officer. Upper age limit of the applicant is 30 years.

Application fee:-

Applications for the exam can be forwarded through the official website of UPSC through online mode. One must pay a fee of Rs. 50/-. Women candidates and those belonging to SC/ST category need not pay the fees.

Exam Scheme:-
  • There will be two compulsory papers for preliminary exam. Time allotted for answering each paper is 2 hours.
  • Paper I may cover questions on general knowledge and day to day affairs across the globe.
  • Paper II comprises questions on reasoning, mental ability, quantitative aptitude and English Language.
  • In mains exam there will be a written exam and interview. There will be 9 papers for the written test.

For more details: www.upsc.gov.in
6th April 2015, 11:41 PM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

To become a custom officer you should be first a graduate candidate and then after it you have to passed out the SSC CGL (Combined graduate level) exam which is the written test for the Various posts as- Tax inspector, Examiner, Custom officer, Auditor.

Eligibility criteria for the exam is-

>> Candidate to be and Indian and a Graduate from a recognized University approved by U.G.C.

>> Candidate must passed graduate at the time when applying for C.G.L. exam appearing candidates are not eligible.

>> candidate should be upto 29 years old and the relaxation is given to OBC is 3 years and for the SC/ST is 5 years.

Exam pattern is-

Preliminary exam - Math- 50marks
English- 50 marks
Reasoning-50 marks
General awareness- 50 marks
And thats all is worth of 200 marks and total time is allowed 2 hours.

And Mains includes- Math- 200 marks - 2 hours

English - 200 marks - 2 hours

After qualifying the preliminary and Mains exam candidates are to be appeared in Interview which is of 100 marks and and 33 necessary to given to candidate by interviewer and more depends on the quality of your response to interviewer and presence of mind.
7th April 2015, 12:07 AM
rinku6

Smile Re: Steps to be followed after 12th to become a Customs Officer?

If you want to become a custom officer then exams and this exam is conducted by the UPSC.This exam conducted by UPSC every year.,

Eligibility Criteria :
You should be graduate in any srtream from a recognized university.
Age Limit:
For General: 18 to 15 years
For SC/ST : 5 Years
OBC: 3 Years
Physically Handicapped: 10 Years
You should be citizen of India.

Process to become Custom Officer:

Following are the steps you need to clear:
Written Exam
Personal Interview

7th April 2015, 12:42 PM
saurabh nakra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well actually my name is B.sameem deen, studying 11th standard. So my question is, what are the steps for me to become a customs officer?
There can be multiple ways to become a custom officer but i know one and i am telling you that.
firstly you have to complete your graduation then you can go for a paper conducted by SSC (staff selection commission) known as CGL (Combined Graduate Level).
If you clear that examination with good marks (520 out of 700) then you can get a job of Custom inspector and after that by clearing departmental exam or by promotion you can become a Custom officer.
Hope you understand.
4th August 2019, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

I am studying in 1st dc bcom then i want to b.com customs officer so, how can i study for the exam in customs officer
15th June 2020, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

My Name is S.A.ARUN From Tamilnadu i'am completed 12th 2019 2020 how to get an job in custom department with eye Glass
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?