24th April 2012, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

Which stream should I opt for my class 11th to join NDA?

i am a student of 10th std studying in kerala i would like to join in nda .which stream should i opt for my 11 std .

25th April 2012, 02:02 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Which stream should I opt for my class 11th to join NDA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am a student of 10th std studying in kerala i would like to join in nda .which stream should i opt for my 11 std .
If your Interested in Army academy then you may operate any stream . Because any stream ( ie :- Arts/ Commerce / Science / Vocational ) candidate may eligible to apply for Army academy

If your interested Navy and Aiforce Academy then you may apply for Science stream . Because science stream candidate only eligible for Navy and Airforce academy . You should have Physics and Mathematics as a Main Subject in 12th standard ,

NDA :- National Defence Academy and this Examination is conducted by UPSC Union Public Service Commission .

If your interested to apply for this Examination you should satisfy the following eligibility criteria ,

Eligibility Criteria :-

-The aspirant should complete 12th standard from recognized university .
-The aspirant age should be 16 1/2 years to 19 years .
-The aspirant should be physically as well as medically fit
-The aspirant should Unmarried Male candidate .

Note :- The candidate waiting for result may also eligible to apply for this Examination .

The Important details and Notification for NDA Examination are published in employment news paper and official website of UPSC . you may apply for this Examination in both the online as well as offline . You may collect the Examination application from the post office in any branch of our country . You may also download the examination application from the official website of UPSC .

To crack this Examination you should practice the previous question papers and you may refer the NDA Books . You may also ask your doubts who already participate in NDA Examination . Then definitely you may crack the NDA Examination .

So, I suggest you to concentrate on your studies then after completing 12th standard you may apply for NDA Examination as you like .

All The Best !!!!!
25th April 2012, 08:05 PM
ravi17283

hi,
it not depends on which stream you opt.you can choose any branch it's upto your own intrest.you are at right time to crack this exam improve your general knowledge from NDA books which are generally available in market as a source....best of luck for your career...your well wisher
16th May 2012, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

i am passed 10th and now in 11 standard and i decided to opt physics and math can i give the entrance test of nda 2012
17th May 2012, 09:52 AM
ranjeet kumar sanjeet
Member+

dear friend.
if youwant to make your career in national defence academy then you must have to opt science stream for your +2. the exam of nda is of two parts.
first section contains 100 questions of mathematics. section 2 contains 100 questions on physics chemistry biology and english.
all the best.
26th May 2012, 10:24 AM
Unregistered

can you name some books for nda general knowledge
12th August 2012, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

hi
my
name :siddharth pandey
i vane job in bank 10 passe
12th August 2012, 11:02 PM
yogesh8955347778

Thumbs up Re: Which stream should I opt for my class 11th to join NDA?

If your Interested in Army academy then you may operate any stream . Because any stream ( ie :- Arts/ Commerce / Science / Vocational ) candidate may eligible to apply for Army academy
If your interested Navy and Aiforce Academy then you may apply for Science stream . Because science stream candidate only eligible for Navy and Airforce academy . You should have Physics and Mathematics as a Main Subject in 12th standard ,
NDA :- National Defence Academy and this Examination is conducted by UPSC Union Public Service Commission .
If your interested to apply for this Examination you should satisfy the following eligibility criteria ,
13th August 2012, 01:29 PM
subhangnambardar
Senior Member+

If your interested Navy and Aiforce Academy then you may apply for Science stream .

Because science stream candidate only eligible for Navy and Airforce academy . You should have Physics and Mathematics as a Main Subject in 12th standard ,

Eligibility:-

Note :- The candidate waiting for result may also eligible to apply for this Examination .

The Important details and Notification for NDA Examination are published in employment news paper and official website of UPSC . you may apply for this Examination in both the online as well as offline .

You may collect the Examination application from the post office in any branch of our country . You may also download the examination application from the official website of UPSC .

To crack this Examination you should practice the previous question papers and you may refer the NDA Books . You may also ask your doubts who already participate in NDA Examination . Then definitely you may crack the NDA Examination .

So, I suggest you to concentrate on your studies then after completing 12th standard you may apply for NDA Examination as you like .
23rd September 2012, 02:09 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Dear friend,
You want to serve this nation, which is really appreciable, this examination, known as NDA (NATIONAL DEFENCE EXAMINATION), conducted by the UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (UPSC) for twice in a year.
The minimum educational requirement for appear in this examination is a 12th degree from a recognized board.
As through this examination , one can apply for the combatant branches of this Indian army, i.e.
in
Indian Air Force (IAF),
Indian Naval academy (NA)
Indian Military Academy (IMA)

For apply in IAF & NA , you must have scored at least 60% in 12th ,with subjects physics & maths ,otherwise you can only apply for the IMA.

Examination pattern-

Age limit -

16.5-19 years all candidates..Remind that, there in not any kind of age relaxation criteria is applicable for any reserve category..

Physical requirements-

You must have Indian nationality .

You must have marital status unmarried.

Thank you!!!
!gamble!
28th September 2012, 12:04 AM
surajm093

Smile Re: Which stream should I opt for my class 11th to join NDA?

If you want to join army academy then you may adopt any stream but if you want to join Navy and Airforce Academy then you may apply for Science stream Because science stream candidate only eligible for Navy and Airforce academy. You should have Physics and Mathematics as a Main Subject in 12th standard.

Eligibility criteria:-
28th September 2012, 06:18 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Nice to hear that you want to join NDA after 12th.

So , my dear friend i suggest you to go for Science Stream with Maths.

This is because if you go with this stream you are eligible for all the three wings namely :

Indian Army

Naval Academy

Air Force.

The eligibility Criteria for NDA Examination are :

* You must have completed your 12 from any recognized board.

* You must have PCM as your key subjects in 12th.

* Appearing students can also apply but only for NDA - I.

* Your Age Should lie in between 16.5-19 years.

* You must be an unmarried Indian Male.

* You must be physically and mentally fit.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
28th September 2012, 11:39 AM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
HI!
NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY(N.D.A)

N.D.A exam is conducted by U.P.S.C twice in a year.
In month of April and August.

After passing 11th and 12th with any stream you can apply for N.D.A
Exam.

For join Indian Air force or Navy to have to pass 11th and 12th with science stream.
For join Indian Air Force you have to pass 12th with any stream.

Eligibility criteria for N.D.A exam:-
> Pass 12th with any stream from recognized board.
> Age limit should be above 16.5year and below 19 year.
> Must be citizen of India
> Medically fit (no major surgery)

For more detail log on to wwwupsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
28th September 2012, 03:45 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Quote:

Hi!!!
Friend!!!!
Its sounds good , you want to serve the nation, by joining Indian army. I would like to ask you, in which branch o Indian army, would you like to join?
As there are three branches of Indian army-
1. INDIAN AIR FORCE (IAF)
2. INDIAN NAVAL ACADEMY,
3. INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY..

In these branches , one can apply through NDA (NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY) examination, conducted by UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION.

The minimum educational requirement for being eligible or the NDA exam is a 12th degree.If you want to apply in IAF & NA , you must have graduate in physics & maths with at least 60%(aggregate) in graduation.
Otherwise you can only apply for IMA .

Exam pattern-

Age limit-

The age limit for this examination is 16.5-19 years.

Physical requirement -

Thank you!!!
!!gamble!!
1st January 2013, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

can i opt for air force in further nda exams if i have not qualified in the first time?
1st January 2013, 09:18 PM
24himani

Yes you can go for airforce, navy, CDS ( Commmon defence services)
You can apply second time if you do not clear it in the first attempt.
If you still not get through it then go for your graduation as you can apply after your graduation but only if you have achieved 60%.
14th December 2020, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

Which stream I chose for NDA for class 11th and 12th plz tell me for airforce only
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?