22nd May 2011, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

Student with B.Tech Mechanical Engineering from other college can apply in IIT for M.Tech in Aerospace?

can a student with b.tech in mechanical engineering from college other than iit apply for m.tech in aerospace engineering in iit?

Related Questions:
  1. List of top colleges and maximum TANCET marks required to join them?
  2. Top colleges providing M.Tech Biotech through GATE? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Institutes offering M.Tech Metallurgy in Distance Education mode in India?
  4. In which NIT can I get admission for M.Tech course with a score of 389 in GATE Exam in EEE stream?
  5. Can I apply for Ph.D in Astrophysics programme if pursuing M.Tech in Aerospace Engineering?
  6. Required Rank to get in GATE Exam to get admission for M.Tech in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering in IIT?
  7. How to join M.Tech Mechanical Engineering through distance education after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  8. Student with B.Tech Mechanical Engineering from other college can apply in IIT for M.Tech in Aerospace?
  9. Can I do M.Tech in Aerospace Engineering after doing B.Tech in Electrical and Communication
  10. Mtech in aerospace engineering after btech in electrical engineering?
  11. Marks which I should get to get admission in IIT B for Aerospace Engineering?
  12. After B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering can I do M.Tech in Aeronautical or Aerospace Engineering?
  13. Which colleges can I get admission in Delhi or Noida having done MCA from UPTU and secured 74%?
  14. List of colleges which I can get in Aeronautical after scoring 70% in class 12th?
  15. Am I eligible to apply for MS degree in Mechanical Engineering after doing B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering
  16. Detailed information and scope of Aerospace Engineering course for Diploma Mechanical student? List of colleges in Delhi? -- [New]
  17. Can I do M.Tech in Aerospace or Aeronatical Engineering?
  18. Can I take admission in IIT in Aeronautics or Aerospace after pursuing B.E in Mechanical? What is the procedure?
20th January 2012, 08:47 AM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Student with B.Tech Mechanical Engineering from other college can apply in IIT for M.Tech in Aerospace?

Yes, why not, you can definitely apply.

But for that you have to crack GATE with a very high percentile and that too in aerospace engineering and not mechanical engineering.

That means, first of all you have to apply for GATE by choosing your stream as aerospace engineering rather than mechanical engineering.

You have to prepare according to the syllabus of aerospace engineering in GATE and forget everything about mechanical.

If you can crack GATE with a very high percentile, then only you are eligible for IIT for M.tech in Aerospace engineering.

The GATE score card is valid for 2 years, and You can apply as many times as you want.
7th May 2012, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Student with B.Tech Mechanical Engineering from other college can apply in IIT for M.Tech in Aerospace?

a student with btech electrical and electronics engineering can apply to mtech aerospace engineering in iit
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?