2nd June 2018, 12:45 AM
Adhun2191

Are students scoring 55% in B.Com only eligible to get admission in CA's IPCC?

I have scored 54.7% in my final year of B.Com. Aren't I eligible to apply for CA's IPCC group? Is it compulsory to score the exact figure of 55%? If I round it of then my percentage will also be 55%. Is it ok?

5th June 2018, 06:57 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are students scoring 55% in B.Com only eligible to get admission in CA's IPCC?

CA IPCC stands for Chartered Accountancy Integrated Professional Competence Course. The eligibility criteria for direct IPCC is that candidate must have scored minimum of 55% marks in B.Com stream or 60% or more in non commerce stream.

You have scored only 54.7% aggregate in B.Com and hence not eligible for direct IPCC.

For more information, you can visit at www.icai.org.
5th June 2018, 07:13 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Are students scoring 55% in B.Com only eligible to get admission in CA's IPCC?

IPCC stands Integrated Professional Competence Course and same is the stage second of CA course.

The eligibility for pursuing IPCC is either qualification in CPT (Common Proficiency Test) i.e stage one of CA course or by completing graduation in commerce with at least 55% marks aggregate from a recognized university. For other stream students minimum marks in graduation for exemption of CPT is 60%.

Now as far as you concerned about your direct entry to IPCC having secured 54.7% (approx 55%). Yes, you eligible to apply for CA IPCC.

For more information you can visit at www.icai.org.in.
7th June 2018, 03:12 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IPCC stands for Integrated Professional Competence Course and same is the stage second of three staged CA ( Chartered Accountancy ) course.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility to register for IPCC directly ( by skipping CPT ) then I would like to let you know that having completed your B.Com degree with 54.7% marks you are not eligible for direct entry to IPCC as for the same one is required to have cleared his/her B.Com degree with at least 55% marks ( without any approximation or rounding off ).

So, in order to register for IPCC, either you first need to qualify CPT to pursue foundation course in CA or you need to appear in improvement examination to improve your marks in your B.Com degree course.

For more details regarding IPCC eligibility, you can refer to the link www.icai.org.in.
5th March 2022, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

I have socred 54.777 can I register ca intermediate
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?