10th January 2019, 06:57 PM
Sanvi s waghmare

Which subject combination in Intermediate should we opt in order to study Aeronautical Engineering?

I have completed my 10th board exam and about to take admission in intermediate. I want to do Aeronautical Engineering. So, in Science stream which subject combination should I opt?

15th January 2019, 09:44 AM
sarika1993

Default Re: Which subject combination in Intermediate should we opt in order to study Aeronautical Engineering?

After 10th, You should choose science stream with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as subjects in (10+2) to pursue further study in Aeronautical Engineering.

Eligibility for Aeronautical Engineering
- You must have passed (10+2) science with PCM subjects with at least 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized board.
- You need to appear entrance exam JEE Main for admission.
15th January 2019, 09:59 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject combination in Intermediate should we opt in order to study Aeronautical Engineering?

To study Aeronautical Engineering, you must choose anyone of the following subject combinations in 11th and 12th standard.
  • PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics)
  • PCMB (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology)
If you have opted anyone of the above subject combination, then you will be eligible for appearing in engineering entrance exams like JEE Main, BITSAT, JEE Advanced, MH-CET, SRMEE, etc.

After qualifying entrance exams, you can opt for Aeronautical Engineering branch to be pursued for higher studies.
15th January 2019, 03:55 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

** B.Tech. Aeronautical Engineering or Bachelor of Technology in Aeronautical Engineering is an undergraduate Aerospace engineering course.

** As per my suggestion, you should select Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in your 12th class in order to study Aeronautical Engineering.

** The duration of Bachelor of Technology in Aeronautical Engineering course is four years.
15th January 2019, 07:54 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

To pursue the Aeronautical Engineering, you need to opt for science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects.

Also, to pursue degree course in engineering from top technical colleges, you need to qualify engineering entrance examinations such as JEE, State EEE/CET, BITSAT, SRMEEE, VITEEE, etc. .
15th January 2019, 08:36 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

To pursue Aeronautical engineering course after 12th the required eligibility is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

So, if you have passed 12th in PCM then you are eligible to get admission in Aeronautical engineering examination after qualifying in entrance examination.
16th January 2019, 05:43 PM
suchi haria
Junior Member+

To study aeronautical engineering you will have to select physics math and chemistry as your main subjects in your 12 standard i.e your intermediate
You will also have to appear for an entrance exam to study aeronautical engineering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?