27th February 2020, 08:41 PM
Shashanjal Srivastava

Which subject option to opt in CSIR NET after degree in Mechanical Engineering?

Hi, I have completed my B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering followed by M.Tech in Thermal Engineering. Which subject I can choose in CSIR NET examination?

5th March 2020, 01:35 PM
soumyadipghosh
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which subject option to opt in CSIR NET after degree in Mechanical Engineering?

An M.Tech candidate should choose Physical Science as a subject of CSIR NET .
7th March 2020, 03:35 PM
amish25
Junior Member+

Default Re: Which subject option to opt in CSIR NET after degree in Mechanical Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashanjal Srivastava View Post
Hi, I have completed my B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering followed by M.Tech in Thermal Engineering. Which subject I can choose in CSIR NET examination?

Hello.

The CSIR NET exam is conducted in five subjects for assistant professor and Junior research fellowship.

The science stream candidates can choose one of the five subject from physical science, life science, earth science, mathematical science and chemical science subjects.

The CSIR NET exam consists three papers, paper 1 is common for all the subjects having questions related to mental ability, reasoning and teaching aptitude.

While paper 2 and 3 consists questions related to your post graduation degree.
There for candidates are requested to apply for there PG or its related subjects only,

As you are from mechanical engineering, you are eligible to apply for CSIR NET physical science subject.

All the best!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?