21st June 2012, 08:17 AM
sweatha.rameshbabu

Which subject should I concentrate more on if I am interested in science group?

i am sweatha,a cbse student i have passed my 10th with 8.6% . and i am interested in science group and my aim is to become as a doctor. so, which subject i want to concentrate more and what exams i should solve before 12th and after 12th to achieve my aim. so please help me.

5th July 2012, 08:25 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject should I concentrate more on if I am interested in science group?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatha.rameshbabu View Post
i am sweatha,a cbse student i have passed my 10th with 8.6% . and i am interested in science group and my aim is to become as a doctor. so, which subject i want to concentrate more and what exams i should solve before 12th and after 12th to achieve my aim. so please help me.
Since your aim is to become doctor then you will have to choose physics, chemistry and mathematics subjects in 11th. If M.b.b.s is your sole aim then I suggest you not to take up mathematics as 5th subject.

For M.b.b.s you will have to give an entrance exam which will include questions on all the three subjects So you will have to concentrate on all the three subjects equally. However in the later stage if you are short of time you can choose only one between physics and chemistry (I suggest chemistry) but biology is must.

Some of the exams that you can give are -

AFMC Entrance Exam

-This exam is conducted for admission in MBBS courses of Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune. Every year 130 candidates are selected through this exam. Only one condition is that after completing MBBS you will have to serve at least 7 year as Commissioned Officers in the Armed Forces Medical Services. This is under an agreement so you cannot avoid it later on.

-The paper will consist of 200 objective type questions from the general syllabus of class 11 and 12
Physics -50 questions
Chemistry -50 questions
Biology -50 questions
Intelligence, Logic & Reasoning -25 questions
English Language comprehension - 25 questions

CBSE PMT or AIPMT

-The exam is conducted for filling up the 15% m.b.b.s. and b.d.s seats of various colleges in India

-It is conducted in 2 parts -preliminary exam and primary exam
The preliminary exam consist of one objective type paper of 200 questions.
Physics -50 questions
Chemistry -50 questions
Biology -100 questions

- Main exam will consist of 2 objective type papers. One paper will be on Physics and chemistry and other will be on Biology/zoology/botany.

AIIMS Entrance Exam

-This exam is conducted for MBBS courses in All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) New Delhi.

-The exam consist of one objective type paper of 200 questions.
Physics -60 questions
Chemistry -60 questions
Biology -60 questions
General knowledge- 20

Also note that the exam pattern of all these entrances suggest that all the three subjects are equally important. The entrance considered as most important my biology students is AIPMT so you should focus more on its pattern.

These three were all India exams.

Some other entrance exams are -
DUMET or Delhi University Medical/Dental Entrance Test
JIPMER/ Jawaharlal Institute of Post-Graduate Medical Education and Research
Punjab Medical Entrance Test
and many other state level entrance exams
5th July 2012, 02:47 PM
drjeet
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which subject should I concentrate more on if I am interested in science group?

Dear Friend,
As my Opinion Physics, Chemistry and Biology all three subjects are more important equally.
because each subject has same wattage in competitive entrance exams point of view.
some exams also requires English preparation too.. like AFMC, JIPMER etc..

Biology:

Pradeep’s Biology

SC Verma (Part-1 and 2)

MTG (Biology Today) CBSE PMT (Subscription)

Dinesh Biology

NCERT- Biology Part 1 and Part 2

Trueman’s Biology

AC Dutta for Botany (Oxford Publication),

Physics:

Physics: CBSE PMT set of 3 Volumes by Anil Aggarwal

HC Verma for Physics,

Concept of Competition Physics for CBSE PMT by Aggarwals

NCERT- Physics Part 1 and Part 2

Chemistry:

ABC Chemistry

Arihant Organic Chemistry

Dinesh Chemistry

Morrision Boyd for Organic Chemistry

Peter Atkins and Julio de Paula for Physical Chemistry

NCERT- Chemistry Part 1 and Part 2
All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?