9th May 2011, 01:16 PM
shwetank25

What should I do after 10th? Polytechnic or High Secondary? Which subject to choose in 11th if I am interested in IT and Computer Science?

wht i do after 10 ? polytechnic or senior (11 12)

if 11 than wht subject i choose because i m interested in IT or computer science

please suggest me!

29th August 2011, 01:00 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: What should I do after 10th? Polytechnic or High Secondary? Which subject to choose in 11th if I am interested in IT and Computer Science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwetank25 View Post

if 11 than wht subject i choose because i m interested in IT or computer science

please suggest me!
What should I do after 10th? Polytechnic or High Secondary? Which subject to choose in 11th if I am interested in IT and Computer Science?

As you said earlier you are interested in IT or Computer science ,you can choose computer science as extra subject in class 11th. There is no any problem as far as higher secondary or diploma courses are concerened. If you are going for 3 years diploma course of computer science or IT, then you can also complete B.Tech through a method called Diploma to Degree certification. It will allow you to study with B.Tech students and complete your degree .You will join engineering courses directly into 2nd year course of engineering.But this facility is not provided by all institutions and universities so it would be better for you to go for Higher Secondary courses that is 12th and then take part in engineering entrance exams like -IIT-JEE and AIEEE and get good rank to get good college.

With Regards
ravik1214
29th August 2011, 12:25 PM
rana2011
Banned

Default Re: What should I do after 10th? Polytechnic or High Secondary? Which subject to choose in 11th if I am interested in IT and Computer Science?

In my opinion it would be better for you to go for Higher Secondary courses that is 12th and then take part in engineering entrance exams like -IIT-JEE and AIEEE and get good rank to get good college.

As you said earlier you are interested in IT or Computer science.
So,you can choose computer science as extra subject in class 11th.
If you are going for 3 years diploma course of computer science or IT, then you can also complete B.Tech through a method called Diploma to Degree certification.

Thanks!!
29th August 2011, 01:24 PM
Mannu2525

Arrow Re: What should I do after 10th? Polytechnic or High Secondary? Which subject to choose in 11th if I am interested in IT and Computer Science?

Dear,
There are two option in front of you after 10th. Some options are written below

- Polytechnic
- Continue your study and get admission in 11 standard

If you have interest in IT or computers then you may choose science stream in 11 standard. After completion of 12th, you can take engineering entrance exam where you can enter into field of IT and Computers.

GOOD LUCK

With Regards
~Manvendra~
29th August 2011, 01:49 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after 10th? Polytechnic or High Secondary? Which subject to choose in 11th if I am interested in IT and Computer Science?

dear friend,
It is totally depends upon your personal interest..
You decide in which field you want to go..

If you have interest in technical field then you can go for polytechnic..
After that you will get a chance to pursue the Diploma course..In diploma you can opt. for any one stream between IT and computer science..
I think after completion of diploma you will not get good job in this field for that you have to do B.tech..

And if you go for 12th ,then you after completion of 12th in science field you have to appear in entrance exams like- AIEEE, IIT-JEE etc for pursuing B.tech course..

So, there is no such difference between this two...
But if you go for diploma first then you will get a basic idea about the technical field..
Which will little bit help you to pursue the b.tech course..

So, I suggest you to go for diploma course..
All the best...
29th August 2011, 05:35 PM
ANIAAAAANNNNNIIIII00000

WHAT TO DO AFTER 10TH FOR IT OR COMPUTER SCIENCE
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear friend,
If you are interested in IT or computer Science then you should go High Secondary.Because after High Secondary you can sit for AIEEE or IIT JEE or any State JEE.
The subjects you should choose for that are Maths,Physics and Chemistry.Because all the questions come from these three subjects.
One more thing to remember that the Math is the most important among those three subjects because the number you score in Math will get double while the number score in other two subjects will remain same.

Hope I helped you
29th August 2011, 06:04 PM
taraknath gupta

Smile Re: What should I do after 10th? Polytechnic or High Secondary? Which subject to choose in 11th if I am interested in IT and Computer Science?

Quote:

please suggest me!
you are interested in IT or Computer Science.so 1st study polytechnic then complete B.tech .
29th August 2011, 08:13 PM
dhruv007

well!, you are interested in computer science, then in my opinion you must go hor class 12th with physics, chemistry, & maths group. you should have to pass your 12th standard with minimum 60% in PCM group .if you prefer polytechnic then it is a diploma course, so if you want to get a chance of good high profile jogs so should prefer IIT-JEE\AIEEE exams afetr completion of 12th.
29th August 2011, 08:37 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

please suggest me!
u should go in for higher secondary..ie do ur 11th n 12th n take computer science as ur subject in science stream..after that u can go for computer science engineering or diploma in that course..
engineering would fetch u a better job n a higher salary..
29th August 2011, 09:18 PM
Bullo

Hii friend..

I would suggest you to go for Higher secondary..Complete your +2 first with computer science as one of your main subjects...(as you interest lies there)

Then you can go for a Btech course in Computer science and for that you have to sit for various entrance exams..If you qualify for say IIT,AIEEE,..then its best for you as you will be then getting a good engineering college to fulfill your aspirations..

All the very best....Hope you take a good decision..
29th August 2011, 09:34 PM
princestk

According to my suggestion you should go for High Secondary education.

Because if you choose to do diploma then it's not bad but after diploma you should have only one choice remain i.e do B.E or B.Tech.

But after High Secondary education you can have much more option to choose.

If you are doing High Secondary education then choose Computer science as 11th subject, Because it has much more scope in future.

And if you do BE after High Secondary education then it is very easy to get admission if you score well in 12th and cet exam.

But after diploma the seats are very limited to second year so there is risk
and if you don't score more than 60% in diploma last year then you are not eligible to get direct second year admission for BE.
9th December 2011, 11:30 AM
Unregistered

can i or take part in iit jee after doing polytechnic after 10?
18th January 2012, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

i passed 12th in year 2011 with commerce stream with 70% i want to know that whether commerce student can do polytechnic please suggest me very soon if commerce student can do in which poytechnic subject
19th January 2012, 11:26 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Its good that you have scored 75% in your 10th class ,Now its high time for you to choose the right branch which will suit you or which you can do easily ,Every field has got its importance and disadvantages ,you need to find out the right ,see better you discuss with your parents and your seniors about this topic and I want to tell you that no branch is poor all are same ,just you need to utilize it in a proper way to make your career a great sucess.
10th February 2012, 10:15 AM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

If you have interest in technical field then you can go for polytechnic..
After that you will get a chance to pursue the Diploma course..In diploma you can opt. for any one stream between IT and computer science.After completion of diploma you will not get good job in this field for that you have to do B.tech..And if you go for 12th ,then you after completion of 12th in science field you have to appear in entrance exams like- AIEEE, IIT-JEE etc for pursuing B.tech course
13th February 2012, 12:09 AM
unagi

There are good carrier opportunities available after Diploma.
You can go for Engineering Degrees like B.E.,B.tech since you are a Diploma holder you will directly get admission to second year through Lateral entry.
If you don't want to do Engineering you can go B.C.A.,B.B.A.
You can also go for Advanced Diploma in many fields such as Interior Designing,Fashion Designing,Animation,Event Management and many more.
There are also short term,Certificate Courses available for you like C,C++,JAVA,Networking,.NET technologies.

There are wide range of courses available after Diploma,every course has very good future scope.
I would suggest you to choose the course in which you are completely interested.
3rd March 2012, 12:17 AM
Unregistered

can a commerce student go for polytechnic after 10 2? what is the combination of subjects to be chosen in 10 2?
11th March 2012, 12:20 AM
Dexter_Morgan

Hi,
If you want to become an astronaut, then you must study astronomy related courses in inter. Astronomy deals with the universe, and its motion principles and related things.
Astronomy became the special subject now a days because of the latest technology.
The legends like newton, gelelio, aryabhatta ,bhaskara etc. People Had put their effort on astronomy only.

Qualifications :
1. Students from maths , physics departments can do astronomy
2. Who did the engineering from electrical/electronics /communications can do it from appearing in IIT-JEE.
Through " joint entrance screening test " (jest )You can join in 'Joint astronomy program' which is conducted by Indian institute of science(IISC).
After 1yr.training they can do ph.d in the reputed companies which ever the students prefer.
If you maintain min. 60% in inter then it would be better.
The following are the some which provide astromy:
1. Indian institute of astrophysics, Hanley observatory (bangalore and kodaikenal)
2. Inter university center for astromy and astrophysics,PUNE
3.National centre for radio astro physics,PUNE
4.Physical research lab,AHMEDABAD
5. Raman research institute,BANGALORE.
6.TATA INSTITUTE OF FUNDAMENTAL RESEARCH,MUMBAI.
I hope your doubts are clarified totally now.
26th March 2012, 01:03 AM
Unregistered

hi i have completed 10th with 85% in icse board. and i want to get high income jobs in future so which subject i have to choose ??? by the way i m very interested in maths.
30th May 2012, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

I got 62% in 10th in icse board can i get a seat in polytechnic college?
31st May 2012, 09:10 AM
Unregistered

what should i do after 10th? i want to go for fashion disigsing .is it posible
12th June 2012, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

igot only 40percent in class10can i join in polytecnic college wat kind of subject can i take
15th June 2012, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

I scored 87% in ssc and Iam weak in maths. So whether I should go for engineering by doing
polytechnic or by doing hsc education?
plz reply soooooooooooon.
18th June 2012, 07:40 AM
Unregistered

i completed my 10 th with 90% marks in a feature i wanna get a good job
so which course i select to good.
19th June 2012, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

I have passed 12 science stream with 54% (pcm now what can i do i am confussed ply help me
28th June 2012, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

what should i do polytechnic or high secondary with science stream? i got 74% in 10th so i think i will lose upto 10% to 15% in class 12th , so it can hamper my future. please help me to decide ?
15th July 2012, 12:14 AM
Unregistered

if i choose polytechnic my monthly income is?
9th March 2013, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

if i do poly technique whats my salary and which subjects
9th June 2013, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

what i should choose after 10th ssc with 80%,just confused as every body is advicing for 11th science,but since 2014 there will be JEE MAINS which has only 50% importance and the remaining 50% will b of 12th science pcm marks? which i think bit difficult,how if i choose polytechnic as interested in software engineering only??pls ans. anu
12th May 2014, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

I have completed sslc.my ambition is software engineer. So i which group
Take in polytechnic ?so pls reply to me
15th June 2015, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

which subject are teach in polytechnic diploma ??
did these subject are also teaches in 11th 12th standard
because i'm still confused in choice for those two faculties as I pass ssc 10th exam with 92.40 % and wish to go for civil engineering
19th June 2015, 07:02 AM
Unregistered

My daughter scored cgpa 9.0 In maths B1 grade in 10tha . Now is it better to go for poletechnic 3 years in Computer science or let her do the 2 PCM Cs through CBSE .
# 2- is it .permitted to appear for IIT entrance exams just after merely 10 3 yr Poletechnic Diploma in Computer Sc
#3- where Basic EQ for a post is 2 an 10tha Diploma 3 yar Computer Sc can apply or not what does the govt rule in this regard
Can an 10th Diploma in CS appear for NDA ExAms if so pl specify than.
7th March 2016, 08:05 AM
Unregistered

Currently I'm studying in 11th and my subject is med phy education but my parents are suggesting me do a diploma so I'm confused with it that what should I do.
8th April 2017, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

I am interested in doing Bipc but all are saying polytechnic is better to me we are economically poor please suggest me for my better future?
29th May 2017, 10:09 AM
Unregistered

I got 10/10 GPA in tenth class from a private school. Which is better in between polytechnic and inter?
3rd August 2020, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

Can I shift commerce to seince after @@
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?