3rd September 2012, 10:10 AM
rashmirathi dubey

Which subjects should I choose for NET Exam being a candidate from M.Sc in Botany?

hi
iam a student of msc botany what subject should i choose for net exam's ?
and i also want to know full information about the exam

3rd September 2012, 04:28 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects should I choose for NET Exam being a candidate from M.Sc in Botany?

I can understand your confusion. National Eligibility Test which is conducted by the University Grants Commission for the lectureship jobs in central goverment colleges, does not have Botany as one of the subjects.

This I believe has lead to confusion for you regarding the subject. The answer to your questions is pretty simple. You will have to choose "Life Science" as the subject for the CSIR-UGC NET entrance exam.

I hope this solves any doubts you have and now you can concentrate on preparing for the National Eligibility Test. I must tell you that NET is one of the toughest exams to crack. It has become very competitve as more and more post graduate degree holders are applying for the lecturer job.

To prepare for the NET exam, you should give yourself at least 6-8 months. You should solve lots of sample papers and see which are the weak areas for you and then put extra effort on addressing those areas.

Eligibility

1. You should be Indian national.

2. Must have post graduation degree from a recognised university.

3. At least 55 percent marks in post graduation course.

4. In case of SC/ST only 50 percent marks are required.

5. Final year students of PG course may also apply for NET.

6. However such candidates are required to submit the degree with required marks mentioned above within 2 years of passing the exam.

7. Ther is no limit of number of attempts.

8. Your subject for NET Exam would be Life Science since you have completed M.Sc in Botany.

9. Age Limit for JRF is 28 years.

10. There is relaxation as per government rules for SC/ST candidates.

11. There is no age limit for Lectureship.
3rd September 2012, 09:16 PM
MOUSE92

Default Re: Which subjects should I choose for NET Exam being a candidate from M.Sc in Botany?

dear,

NET stand for NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST it is for lecturship

ELIGIBILITY:

--pass10th
--pass 12th
--pass graduation
pass master's degree wit at least 55%

aspirants are generally advised to appear in the subject of their post graduation

there is no age limit for this exam

pattern of exam:
paper of exam: --50 questions objective type --100 marks from reason ing,divergent thinking,comprehension of the candidate is general nature of testing

paper 2:

--50 questions--100marks--question created from where you have chosen subject

paper 3:

--write a critique of given passage
--essay writing

for further information visit:
http://Ugc.ac.in
good luck
8th September 2012, 05:22 PM
sailagishetty

To my friend,
NET is national eligibility test is conducted by university grants commision.This I believe has lead to confusion for you regarding the subject. The answer to your questions is pretty simple. You will have to choose "Life Science"as the subject for the CSIR-UGC NET entrance exam.
Eligibility for NET:
1. You should be Indian national.
2. Must have post graduation degree from a recognised university.
3. At least 55 percent marks in post graduation course.
4. In case of SC/ST only 50 percent marks are required.
5. Final year students of PG course may also apply for NET.
6. However such candidates are required to submit the degree with required marks mentioned above within 2 years of passing the exam.
7. Ther is no limit of number of attempts.
8. Your subject for NET Exam would be Life Science since you have completed M.Sc in Botany.
9. Age Limit for JRF is 28 years.
10. There is relaxation as per government rules for SC/ST candidates.
11. There is no age limit for Lectureship.
17th July 2013, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

i am in M.sc. zoology wich subject i choose for NET exam.pls tell me.
17th July 2013, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

i am Msc in zoology which subject i choose for NET exam
27th September 2013, 12:39 AM
Unregistered

I am MBA hotel management which subject should i opt please suggest me
20th October 2013, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects should I
choose for NET Exam being a
candidate from M.Sc in zoology?
17th November 2014, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of msc botany. Which subject can i choose for net exam and also suggest me the name of best books in this subject.
22nd June 2015, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

May l apply Msc botany after doing Bsc with botany chemistry &biotechnology
23rd June 2015, 04:17 PM
smoldy26
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashmirathi dubey View Post
hi
iam a student of msc botany what subject should i choose for net exam's ?
and i also want to know full information about the exam
Hello dear,

As you are the BOTANY student , so you are coming under the life science.

So go for csir net life science jrf or lecturership

In this you have to learn...various field to crack the exam as follows :
molecular biology, ecology, development biology, immunology, plant and animal physiology etc.

Choose pathfinder books and rajendra written life science fundamental books

So best of luck..

thanku
3rd May 2016, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

I am M.Sc. in organic chemistry but i want to appear in U.G.C. EXAM with botany subject ,is it possible as i am B.Sc.in zoology ,botany and chemistry .
12th August 2016, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

I'm a msc maths candidate. Kindly suggest me what subject I should opt to become a maths lecturer
24th August 2016, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects should I choose for NET
Exam being a candidate from M.Sc in Botany?....Environmental science or Life science?
4th August 2018, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

I Have done my biotech can I appear for CSIR net exam in life sciences and what subject I should choose under life sciences
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?