29th June 2016, 02:47 PM
sayama shaikh

Suitable trades to choose in ITI for a candidate with 58% in 10th? Admission procedure to join ITI?

Hello,
I have completed my 10th with 58 percentage of marks. Can I apply for ITI?
Which trades are suitable as per my marks? What is the process for that ITI admission? Is I am capable for this course? Please tell me the trades suitable to my marks?

26th July 2016, 02:11 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: Suitable trades to choose in ITI for a candidate with 58% in 10th? Admission procedure to join ITI?

Yes, definitely you can apply.
The basic criteria for doing diploma is that the candidate should have passed 10th class. Minimum percentage is not mentioned anywhere.

You can opt for any stream
-Electrical
-Mechanical or
-Civil
-Electronics

All these three have great scope in government an private industries.

If we compare Electrical with Electronics since many candidates confuse between the two, so with Electrical there are more chances of a government jobs. But it is not the case that with E/C branch has no scope. The vacancies do come in government sector but limited. Or the correct word is, the domain is limited.
Just 2 weeks before around 3000 vacancies came in BSNL at diploma level in which both Electronics and Electrical people are eligibility.

And similarly many government bodies issue Junior Engineer posts vacancies(whose eligibility is diploma).

The best branch according to me among these is Civil.
Because the competition is not that much huge. In 2016 itself, more than 1000 vacancies of Civil engineers have come till now and many more to come for different posts and designations in different states.

Regarding the procedure of the getting a diploma college.
-For private college you can apply directly to them.
- For government college, you would be required to give an entrance test passing which only you will be allowed to get admission in the various govt. colleges.
16th January 2020, 11:43 AM
suchi haria
Junior Member+

Default Re: Suitable trades to choose in ITI for a candidate with 58% in 10th? Admission procedure to join ITI?

Ya, you can absolutely apply for the course as percentage of 10 standard does not matter
The eligibility criteria for admission in IIT is
Candidate must score at least 50% in 12 standard
Candidate must be of a certain age at the time of admission
You only have to score 50% in your 12 standard for being eligible for the entrance exam
You will have to score good marks in the entrance exam to get admission in a good college
15th August 2020, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

My percentage 58 points for admission apply ITI
28th July 2022, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

how parsantege do you have in 12
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?