31st March 2015, 02:46 PM
shrinathr

Switching to CBSE or ICSE from Maharashtra State Board School

My daughter is currently studying in Maharashtra State Board School 2nd Standard. We have seen the quality of education provided has deteriorated from last couple of years. Hence we have decided to change to CBSE or ICSE for a better future. Here in Thane we found out two schools who can admission to her i.e. EuroSchool Thane and New Horizon Airoli.My daughter is slow learner and very average in studies. Another concern is about Hindi. Both schools have started Hindi from Grade 1 while my daughter is unaware of Hindi as in State Board Hindi starts from Grade 3.

- EuroSchool is very far away for us (around 13 kms), takes 1 hour to travel. It is ICSE board, we have heard ICSE board becomes stressful because of vast syllabus from 6th grade onwards. Total time spent in school + travel is 9 hours. The school starts in June.

- NHSS Airoli is CBSE. This school is good in many terms (travel time is 30 mins only) except that school starts from April first week. We have heard CBSE has a balanced syllabus.Total time spent in school + travel is 7 hours.

There is very less time for my daughter to prepare for Hindi as her current State Board Exam are going on till mid April. Hence we are concerned whether this move will disturb her and put her under more stress. Will it be wise to continue in State Board itself and try for a switch next year when she knows basics of Hindi? Please advise.

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to get transfer from Bihar board to ICSE or CBSE board after 10th?
  2. Transfer of Board from CBSE to ICSE after class 11 for class 12?
  3. Which board would be better for me between ICSE and CBSE? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. List of top girl schools in Navi Mumbai near Vashi or Koperkhairane
  5. Which board to select between ICSE and CBSE?
  6. Whether to take admission in CBSE Board or Maharashtra State Board? Difference betwen both the boards?
  7. List of best CBSE schools in Kanpur? Is it possible to get admission from ICSE to CBSE after 8th standard?
  8. Can I reappear in 12th from CBSE Board after qualifying from State Board?
  9. Whether a candidate will get admission in 11th ICSE after completing 10th from CBSE Board?
  10. How can I change from ICSE board to CBSE board?
  11. How do I change from ICSE board to CBSE board after passing class 9 from ICSE?
  12. Number of seats reserved in Medical for CBSE Board, ICSE Board and Gujarat Board under NEET? Process of percentage calculation in Gujarat state board for NEET?
  13. Age limit to appear in 10th ICSE Board exam in Karnataka?
  14. Would I be considered under the 75% state(Gujarat) reservation quota for taking admission in Gujarat engineering colleges? I have done 10th(ICSE board) and 12th(CBSE board) from Gujarat. I have domicile of Gujarat
  15. ISC or Maharashtra State Board, which is easier to score marks in Higher Secondary?
  16. GSEB, CBSE or ICSE which board is better for 2 years old kid?
  17. Which board to choose among CBSE and Maharashtra State Board to study Higher Secondary Education with Science?
  18. Is ICSE better than CBSE for competitive exams?
4th May 2015, 07:04 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: Switching to CBSE or ICSE from Maharashtra State Board School

As you have mentioned all the aspects of your problems so considering those, we also think that it would be a wise decision that you get your daughter admitted in the next year. By doing this-

>> by that time, she will also learn Hindi which is required by the other school

>> also, your desire to choose a CBSE school will also get fulfilled

>> the travelling time will also reduce. it might not appear to be a good factor but there are many things which are in favor if your ward is studying in a school which is at the minimum possible distance from your residence.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?