12th September 2019, 08:38 PM
Boorgupavani

Is there any age restriction to do a course in Fashion Designing?

I have completed my 12th and I am interested in doing B.Sc Fashion Designing. Which are the top 5 colleges or private institution for doing a Graduate level course in Fashion Designing? Their admission criteria and application procedure? Is there any age restriction also?

5th September 2020, 12:33 PM
ruckshana

Default Re: Is there any age restriction to do a course in Fashion Designing?

Aspiring fashion designing students must have a high school graduation certificate (class 12) with at least 50% marks from a recognised board in the country. This is the basic eligibility followed by many colleges but some offer admission in diploma in fashion design after 10th as well. Each college has a different set of eligibility for different diploma course.

Top 5 colleges for pursuing a fashion designing course are:
1. NIFT DELHI
2. NIFT MUMBAI
3.NIFT BANGLORE
4. Symbiosis Institute of Design, Pune
5. Parul University, Vadodara

For detailed information about admission criteria, age restrictions, etc , visit official website of respective colleges.
9th September 2020, 07:40 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is there any age restriction to do a course in Fashion Designing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boorgupavani View Post
I have completed my 12th and I am interested in doing B.Sc Fashion Designing. Which are the top 5 colleges or private institution for doing a Graduate level course in Fashion Designing? Their admission criteria and application procedure? Is there any age restriction also?
**An aspirant looking or admission in BSc Fashion Design must have cleared class 12/intermediate final examination from a recognized board of education.

***The minimum aggregate score that a candidate is required to have scored is 50%.

***Each college has a separate set of eligibility criteria that aspirants must satisfy before taking admission for pursuing BSc Fashion Design.If you want to pursue in particular institute then you must obey its norms.

###Mentioned below are some of the popular entrance tests that a candidate can apply for if he/she is willing to study BSc Fashion Design.

-Army Institute of Fashion Design Test (AIFD)
-Common Entrance Examination for Design Test (CEED)
-All India Entrance Examination For Design Test (AIEED)
-Indian Institute of Crafts & Design Entrance Test (IICD)
-MIT Institute of Design GDP and PGDP Admission (MIT Entrance)
-Footwear Design & Development Institute Test (FDDI AIST)
-Under Graduate Common Entrance Examination for Design Test (USED)
-National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA)
-National Institute of Fashion Technology Entrance Test (NIFT)
-Pearl Academy of Fashion Combined General Proficiency Test (PAF GPT)
-National Institute of Design Graduate Diploma Program in Design Test (GDPD
B.Des.)

Note:- Its not compulsion that you need to appear for the exam,certain institutes will consider performa of the candidate in the board.

***Listed below are the name of top colleges from where an aspirant can consider studying the course.
-Ranchi University - RU, Ranchi
-IIS University - International College for Girls - ICG, Jaipur
-Government Home Science College, Chandigarh
-Madhya Pradesh Bhoj Open University, Bhopal
-Vouge Institute of Art and Design, Bangalore
-Global Institute of Fashion Technology, Guwahati
-International Institute of Fashion Design, Bangalore
-PSG College of Arts and Science - Coimbatore
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?