24th September 2012, 11:05 PM
DR SUPRIYO GHOSH

Is there any common entrance test for admission in MDS course in India for government colleges?

1. Is there any common entrance test for admition in MDS courses in India for Govt. colleges
2. Is there any common entrance test for admition in MDS courses in India for Private colleges

Related Questions:
  1. List of MDS government colleges in India? How can I prepare to qualify in MDS entrance exam?
  2. Is there a common AIPG MDS entrance exam? Total number of MDS seats in all private and government dental colleges in India?
  3. Entrance test, best colleges and reference books for MDS entrance test? From where to do MDS?
  4. How many MDS seats are there in AP in government colleges? Can AP students write all India PG entrance test?
  5. Is the MDS degree form Nepal valid in India? Can I apply for Government sector after degree in Nepal?
  6. How can I prepare to crack MDS entrance exam to get admission in any government college?
  7. Reference books for the preparation of MDS entrance exam? Best MDS college in India? Where should I pursue MDS between India and America?
  8. Doing MDS is best in India or America? Entrance test, best colleges and reference books?
  9. Number of seats and fee to study MDS in government colleges of India?
  10. List of private colleges which offers MDS in India? Course duration of MDS?
  11. Number of MDS seats in India? What is the fee structure for MDS in government college? I want to prepare for MDS
  12. Which are the good colleges in India and AP for MDS course? Fee structure of it?
  13. Is there any entrance exam available for foreign student to study MDS in any Government Dental Colleges? Education loan to study MDS?
  14. How to proceed to do PG in USA after BDS in India?
  15. What is the total number of MDS seats in government dental college in India?
  16. How can I prepare in MDS entrance exam to get admission in any government college? Suitable books for preparation? -- [New]
  17. List of reputed colleges which offer MDS in India?
  18. Which course to do in order to get into IIM's? -- [Most Discussed]
25th September 2012, 01:18 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any common entrance test for admission in MDS course in India for government colleges?

MDS stands for Master of Dental Surgery. This can be taken up after completing B.D.S couse. MDS is two years long course in the specialities of

Oral Medicine & Radiology

Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry

Public Health Dentistry

Oral Pathology & Microbiology

Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics

Periodontology

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridges

There are several entrance exams for the MDS admssion. Among them the most popular for admission in government college is AIPGMEE. Similarly there are exams for admission in private colleges as well.

However all these exams would be scrapped from next year onwards. Therefore the answer to your question regarding Common Entrance Test for government and private colleges is the same. The name of the exam is NEET. This exam is going to replace all existing exams for government and private colleges from next year onwards.

Therefore you will have to prepare for the NEET entrance exam. Here are the eligibility criteria to appear for NEET.

1. A B.D.S degree from a recognised university.

2. At least 50 percent marks in BDS.

3. Physically handicapped candidates need 45 percent marks.

4. SC/ST need to secure 40 percent marks.

5. You must also have completed the compulsary rotation intermship before appearing for NEET.

There is very little information about the NEET exam pattern. However we do know that the NEET PG Exam will be held online during 23rd November – 6th December 2012 in 33 cities across the country.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?