8th May 2013, 12:52 PM
sunriser

Is there any possibility to get any NIT or IIT after scoring 122 in JEE mains?

I got 122 in JEE mains and i belong to obc,is there any possibility of me getting into any NIT or A IIIT?

16th July 2015, 12:10 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any possibility to get any NIT or IIT after scoring 122 in JEE mains?

JEE stands for JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and this examination is held by CBSE once every year for the selection of deserving students for their B.Tech course from the top government engineering colleges like IIT, NIT, IIIT, ISM, etc..

The examination is held in two stages which are called as JEE Mains and JEE Advance respectively.

For appearing in the JEE Mains student must have higher secondary degree with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with at least 50% aggregate in each from a recognized board of education.

Also for appearing the JEE Advance you will have to clear the JEE Mains along with that much percentage of marks in your board examination so that you last among the top 20 percentile students of your board.

Now since being an OBC candidate as you have managed to secure 122 marks in your JEE Mains so you have the good chance to get admitted in the NIT as for the cutoff for your category is only lies around 70 marks but you must secure good marks in your 12th board examination also as the weightage for same in the merit list is 40%.

Also you can get admitted in the IIT but for that you will have to clear the JEE Advance together with high percentage of marks in board examination so that you last among the top 20 percentile student of your respective board of education.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?