7th May 2015, 09:55 PM
Ramya Sundaravel

Is there any possibility to get MBBS medical seat if I have scored 80% in 12th?

I've scored 80 % in my 12th board exams. . Is there any possibility to get a medical seat? ? or it's not possible at all? Can you please let me know the ways to get the seat? I really wanted to do medical but now am not sure after my marks. Please provide me your suggestion!

Related Questions:
  1. How may I get a seat in medical colleges of Tamil Nadu for MBBS course? What's the procedure for the same? I have scored 93% marks in my 12th exam
  2. How can I get admission for MBBS after scoring 95.3% marks in 12th exam
  3. Is there any possibility to join B.E after MBBS?
  4. Can I get any MBBS seat after scoring 1736 rank in WBJEE medical?
  5. Possibility to get merit medical seat in MBC quota for MBBS course in Tamilnadu medical college with cutoff of 193.75?
  6. Possibility to get seat in MBBS course at VMMC Delhi?
  7. Marks needed to get a seat in PSG college? Can I get a seat through MBBS medical entrance? I want to do MBBS course in PSG college
  8. Can I get a seat in medical after pursuing a rank of 6400?
  9. Can I get admission if scored 151 marks in Manipal MBBS entrance exam?
  10. Will I be able to get a seat MBBS or BDS? I have scored 485 marks in Kerala MBBS entrance exam
  11. Medical courses other than MBBS for a candidate who has scored 450 marks in MH-CET?
  12. Can I get a seat in MMC, Stanley, Kilpauk, Coimbatore medical college or Madurai medical college after scoring 193.25 MBBS cutoff
  13. Possibility to apply for Education Loan for study MBBS?
  14. Can I get admission to study MBBS if scored 75 marks in EAMCET and 62% in 12th?
  15. What is the possibility to get a seat in any one of the three government medical colleges in Chennai after scoring 196.75 cutoff?
  16. Am i eligible for medical seat in CET? i have scored 3000+ rank but have scored less than 50% in 12th.
  17. Will I get admission in MBBS through Tamilnadu counseling after scoring 195 in 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. If a person scores 182.5 in 12th is there any possibility to get a seat in self finance medical college in Tamilnadu?
8th May 2015, 01:03 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any possibility to get MBBS medical seat if I have scored 80% in 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramya Sundaravel View Post
I've scored 80 % in my 12th board exams. . Is there any possibility to get a medical seat? ? or it's not possible at all? Can you please let me know the ways to get the seat? I really wanted to do medical but now am not sure after my marks. Please provide me your suggestion!
You are eligible to get seat in MBBS course but you should qualify in NEET exam.

You should have done your 12th standard or appearing for it with physics, chemistry and biology as the compulsory subjects from a recognized board. Minimum of 50% in the above mentioned subjects is compulsory in order to give the exam.

Your minimum age should be above 17 years.

Reference books for NEET examination::

NEET National Eligibility-Cum-Entrance Test 2013: Biology in 40 Days
Author: S Chakravarty
Publisher: Arihant

NEET National Eligibility-Cum-Entrance Test 2013: Chemistry an Advanced Package for Medical Entrance Exams.
Author: GKP
Publisher: G.K. Publications

NEET National Eligibility cum Entrance Test: Encounter with Physics in Just 40 Days
Author: SB Tripathi
Publisher: Arihant
8th May 2015, 05:26 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is there any possibility to get MBBS medical seat if I have scored 80% in 12th?

# I would like to clarify that as per present trend the selection of candidate for seat in Medical College is purely based on the performance in the Pre-Medical Test (PMT) and not on the basis of marks/percentage obtained in the 10+2 level or qualifying examination.

# Aspirant of MBBS/BDS/BAMS has to appear in medical entrance examination. A selection list or merit list is prepared on the performance of the candidates in the entrance examination.

# Note that percentage marks are considered while preparing merit list. Only marks obtained in the medical entrance examination are taken into consideration while preparing merit/selection list.

# The general eligibility conditions required for medical entrance examination are:

* 10+2 in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English from any recognised board.

* Must have obtained 50% marks in aggregate in 10+2 for General category and 45% marks for other categories.

* Must have attained the age of 17 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?