14th July 2020, 09:02 PM

Is there possibility to get job in IT industry being dropped out in 2nd year from IIT, Varanasi?

I've got into IIT Varanasi into Mechanical branch, but dropped out in my 2nd year (2014). I want to rejoin but the administration says it's not possible. So, is there any opportunity that I can secure a job in IT field. (I'm interested in programming)

15th July 2020, 08:55 AM
Msha23

Default Re: Is there possibility to get job in IT industry being dropped out in 2nd year from IIT, Varanasi?

Now you are considered as an ungraduate.
But many IT companies needs graduate candidate.
So I think you can't get good jobs in IT field.
But you can apply other IT jobs (where no need graduation )
But you can study any IT courses (digree/diploma) , then you will get good jobs in IT sector.
All the best
15th July 2020, 04:40 PM
anjy10

Default Re: Is there possibility to get job in IT industry being dropped out in 2nd year from IIT, Varanasi?

it will be tough to get job in It without completing your degree ,but there is always a possibility if you completed you graduation then you are most welcome in It industry as per my experience but you have to start your professional career as an security first ,you cant get any job in programming firstly but after working at least 6 month u can easily switch you professional as a software professional from a hardware engineer.
thanks
15th July 2020, 06:33 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

IT-BHU is one of the pioneer institute of India that ranks among IITs. So, without qualifying JEE Main and JEE Advanced, you may not get admission there.

Apart from B.Tech, you can pursue BCA course as it is somewhat related to IT field. Duration of this course is 3 years only (1 year lesser than B.Tech)

After completing BCA, you can pursue MCA i.e. of 2 years duration. MCA graduates are also in good demand in IT sector. You can get jobs in MNCs after completing MCA course.

Other way to get jobs without completing graduation is from freelancing work. These kind of works you can get online from various sites. They don't require your degree or certificates but only quality work from your side. In return they will pay you in dollars or other currencies (as per country).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?