11th June 2012, 09:36 PM
karate neeeraj

Is there sports quota in IIT JEE examination?

i am national level karate player i want to get information that does this sports quota help me in iit jee examination

Related Questions:
8th July 2012, 10:17 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there sports quota in IIT JEE examination?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karate neeeraj View Post
i am national level karate player i want to get information that does this sports quota help me in iit jee examination
Sorry to inform you dear, there is no such quota in any of the IITs, admission is only based on competitive examination known as IIT JEE, which is conducted by IITs themselves.

Although you might find many govt colleges like Delhi University offering admission to students on the basis of performance in sports.

But situation is not the same for IITs. Even there is no such discussion for such admission criteria, so don't rely on false hopes, prepare academically well to get selected. You will find best sport facilities here, once get selected in IIT.
8th July 2012, 11:28 PM
incredible_22
Junior Member+

No...there is no such sports quota in IITJEE Entrance examinations.

There are only reservations or SC/ST quotas for schedule castes and backward classes.
Currently, there exists a reservation of 15% for SC and 7.5% for ST candidates.[1] However, the IITs are not bound to fill these seats, and many of them remain unfilled owing to the nature of selection process
18th April 2013, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

I am a national level net ball player and I have got national certificate and also i belongs to OBC category DID I HAVE ELIGIBILITY TO GET INTO IIT AFTER PASSING THE JEE EXAM ? and also give me the details of reservation of seats
7th November 2013, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

Yes,you do have a sports quota in IIT
26th November 2013, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

i am a national level chess player!...if i clear the mains as well as advance exam...by a lower rank..but m eligible..then is there any chance of applying through sports quota..if it exists?
4th February 2014, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

i am national wushu player! if i clear the mains as well as advance exam by a lower rank but m eligible then is there anychance of applying through sports quota if it exists?
7th August 2014, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am national powerlifting champion.. can this provide me any kind of benifit in jee main or advance
21st November 2014, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

I am a national level TABLE TENNIS Player and also secured 2nd posn in state championship and also an average student. If i clear jee mains then what is the cutoff marks required for getting computer science in any of the best iits.
23rd December 2014, 10:43 AM
Unregistered

i want to know whether any bonus marks are provided in iit exam resuts having played at national ad state level in chess competition such like 10 marks been alloted to whom who played at state level 20 marks for at national and 30 for international level in mp board exams
31st March 2015, 10:02 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Sorry to inform you that there is sports quota in IIT-JEE examinations .

The examination is held for admission in IITs and different engineering colleges for bachelor of technology course .

For this examination ,you must have done your 12th or pursuing 12th with physics , chemistry and mathematics as your main subjects in your senior secondary education from a recognized school/college affiliated to recognized board .

The examination is taken into two steps (i) JEE Mains & (ii) JEE Advance .

Again for appearing in JEE Advance ,you must be among top 20% scorers off 12th board examination of your respective board .

There is the relaxation in qualifying marks for JEE Advance for categories other than general .
2nd September 2015, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am a national level karate player and belongs to general category will I get a Sports Quota or not?
12th March 2017, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am national level player both in throw ball as well as base ball, can I have any sports quota seats in. IIT JEE exams
21st April 2018, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am a Taekwondo player. I have got gold medal at national level two times in championships held by Taekwondo board of India.
Can I have any sports quota in IIT colleges.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?