2nd July 2021, 03:42 PM
shubhamnyasi786

Is there a way to join Flying branch of Air Force through AFCAT after 12th Maths?

I am about to graduate(bca) in august and currently preparing for afcat flying branch but my marks in 12th maths does not meet the eligibility requirements (42 in maths) i want to improve is there a way i can join flying branch through afcat ( i know about cdse)

4th July 2021, 05:45 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there a way to join Flying branch of Air Force through AFCAT after 12th Maths?

---- After class 12, if you want to be an officer you can join Indian Air force through one root only. This is through the NDA and NA exam, if you want to join Indian Air Force after 12th and this is for only those who are male candidates and have passed class 12th with Physics and Maths as their compulsory subjects.

Therefore , you cannot join flying branch of air force through AFCAT examination after 12th.

--- OFFICIAL WEBSITE
http://www.upsc.gov.in
4th July 2021, 11:06 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there a way to join Flying branch of Air Force through AFCAT after 12th Maths?

Since, you yourself has mentioned that your marks in Mathematics of paper of Class 12th is just 42 which is much below the minimum marks required in the same paper (which is 60) for joining Flying branch through AFCAT (Air force Common Admission Test). So, you cannot join Indian Air force Flying Branch through AFCAT.

For details regarding different career opportunities in Indian Air force along with their eligibility criteria, you can refer to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in.
7th July 2021, 08:18 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria required to join Flying Branch of Air Force through AFCAT:

The basic minimum educational qualification required to join Flying Branch of Air Force through AFCAT is given below,

>> Candidates must have completed 12th Class in 10+2 pattern with Mathematics and Physics as subjects.

>> And also after completion of 12th Class, you need to complete Graduation with minimum 3 year degree course with 60% marks or its equivalent.

>> Or else, candidates who have done their B.E/ B.Tech of 4 year course with minimum 60% marks are eligible for this recruitment.

>> Hence, you have not secured proper marks in 12th level and I strongly suggest you to score good grades in Graduation in order to be eligible for sure.
8th July 2021, 10:38 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Required eligibility to apply for AFCAT is that candidate must have passed std 12th with Physics and Mathematics with minimum 60% aggregate in each paper and have passed bachelor degree.

The examination is conducted in two stages. Written and SSB.

Candidates only after qualifying in both stages of the examination will become eligible for the final recruitment. So, you are not eligible to apply for the recruitment.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?