1st May 2013, 12:41 AM
Unregistered

How can I apply for AFCAT for flying branch?

sir I am doing the degree of agriculture I can apply to AFCAT for flying branch plz help me and give contact details about AFCAT?

1st May 2013, 09:03 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply for AFCAT for flying branch?

AFCAT - Air Force Common Admission Test conducted by Air Force for selection of officers for Flying Branch, Technical Branch and Ground Duty Branch of Indian Air Force.

The eligible candidate aspiring for Flying Branch through AFCAT, must be an unmarried Indian National having completed Graduation Degree with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with 60% marks from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 23 years with good Physical Fitness.

The selection is through written exam followed by personal test along with Physical Fitness and Medical Test.

For more information you may log on to http://www.careerairforce.nic.in
1st May 2013, 09:59 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir I am doing the degree of agriculture I can apply to AFCAT for flying branch plz help me and give contact details about AFCAT?

AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test.

AFCAT is an Entrance test conducted for Selection of candidates in defence sector various branch of Indian Air force(Flying, ground, Technical).

Flying Branch:-
If you have completed BE/B.Tech degree then you are applicable for flying branch exam.Your 12th standard subject must be physics and Mathematics .

Age = 19 to 23 years .

### No , You are not applicable for flying Branch .Only B-Tech/BE degree holder candidate can apply here

Technical Branch:-If you have completed BE/B.Tech in Aeronautical engineering so you are applicable for Technical Branch exam.

Age = 18 to 28 years .

Ground Duty Branch:-
If you have completed in PG Degree/Bachelor Degree in any subjects then you are applicable for Ground Duty Branches .

Age = 19 to 27 years .

Best Books for AFCAT Exam

How To Prepare For AFCAT: Air Force Common Admission Test Complete Book
by Chandresh Agrawal's
Publisher: Priynka Prakashan

AFCAT Air Force Common Admission Test for Flying & Technical Branch
Author: Arihant Experts
Publisher: Arihant

AFCAT Air Force Common Admission Test
Publisher: Priyanka Prakashan
Author: Chandresh Agrawal

For more details about AFCAT notification , You can visit to http://careerairforce.nic.in/
1st May 2013, 09:08 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

AFCAT is conducted for Flying Branch, Technical Branch and Ground Duty Branch of Indian Air Force.

You must have Graduation in Engineering or Physics or Maths if you want to apply for Flying Branch of AFCAT.

Those who are Graduation in any discipline and have studied Physics and Maths in 10+2 are also eligible to apply for Flying Branch through AFCAT.

The age should be between 19 to 23 years then only you will be eligible for Flying Branch of AFCAT.

The selection will be based on the performance in the Written Exam, SSB Interview, Medical Examination.

PABT(Pilot Aptitude Battery Test) will be also there for Flying Branch. This will test your aptitude towards becoming a Flying Officer. If you fail in PABT then you will not be considered for Flying Branch.

Physical fitness and eyesight are the uppermost criteria and if you don't fulfill it then you will be rejected in the medical examination.

For more information visit http://www.careerairforce.nic.in

You can also download the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AFCAT.pdf(104.1 KB, 67 views)
2nd May 2013, 09:47 AM
sanj69
Senior Member+

AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test conducted by Indian Air Force for selection of Officers for its Flying, Technical and Ground Duty Branch.

The eligible candidate wishing to apply for Flying Branch, must be an unmarried Indian national having completed Graduation Degree with Physics, Chemistry and Mathemetics with 60% marks from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 23 years with good Physical and Mental Fitness.

The selection is through written Exam followed by Personal Interview along with Physical Fitness and Medical Test.

For more information you may log on to http://www.careerairforce.nic.in
17th December 2020, 09:13 AM
Unregistered

I am b.a student but I have physics and mathematics in (10 2) .can I apply for flying branch in afcat.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?