1st June 2010, 02:24 AM
nishtha rastogi

Tips to solve reasoning questions in clerical exams?

Plese send me tricks to solve reasoning questions which are mostly come in clerical exams.(model paper with solution and tricks to solve them.)......thanks.

1st June 2010, 12:36 PM
jeeban.jyoti9

Default Re: Tips to solve reasoning questions in clerical exams?

maam,
basically the question patterns of almost all clerical exams in india have reasoning questions to be answered.the way you answer them totally depends on your own way of thinking.here are a few tips for you to answer them..
1> solve as much as sample papers before you actually sit in the exam.
2> think every question in a diferrent simple way than a complicated way.
3> FOR EXAMPLE

What will come in place of the question mark (?) in
the following sequence?
ARRANGEMENTS, RRANGEMENT, RANGEMEN, ?, NGEM
(a) RANGEME
(b) ANGEME
(c) ANGEMENT
(d) NGEMEN
(e) None of these
Ans: ( b ) ANGEME
they are very simple questions that analyse you imazing and justifying capability.so it wd totally depent on you approach towars the question.
here is a link where you can find the sample resoning question papers for clericals.
http://www.allinterview.com/showanswers/27633.html.
hope i cd have been able to fulfill the quest.
thankyou
1st June 2010, 01:21 PM
Ankit kumar dhanker

Their is no specific trick to solve reasoning questions their is a short period and questions are a lot you have to solve them within time in any test or exam the only way to solve reasoning questions is work hard and more and more practice on them
best of luck
work hard
1st June 2010, 01:31 PM
Ankit kumar dhanker

A lot of books are available on reasoning questions and some techqniques are also their to solve them in short period and questions are which are important and repeated in any test so practice on them question you will surely successfull

work hard
1st June 2010, 02:16 PM
rohan.s

u have to practice that clerical ques. before exams. caues it gives u confidence ,technics and time management which are key factors in this exams. so best of luck.
1st June 2010, 03:55 PM
help100%

I would better say ,first of all relax yourself, then see the logical or analytical reasoning questions with full concentration, the first thing you should do is read the given question thoroughly and slowly understand the meaning of the given question, then i think u might get the problem easily solved .
Better you go to bookshops and ask them for some books regarding clerical reasoning.You better purchase or have a look to this book known as "The magical book of analytical reasoning" BSC publication ,author M.K.Pandey.
Try this book an ask for some more books regarding analytical reasoning, i think this way your problem will be solved.

Best of Luck
1st June 2010, 05:51 PM
jicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishtha rastogi View Post
Plese send me tricks to solve reasoning questions which are mostly come in clerical exams.(model paper with solution and tricks to solve them.)......thanks.
Hai,

Reasoning Ability refers to the ability to apply the process of induction or to reason from specific information to a general principle. Here RA is measured by items requiring the subject to inspect sets of four letters and discover how four of the five sets presented follow a general principle, while 5th does not. Thus, you try to understand, that no reliance is placed on learned material, words, numbers, so that RA scores are the best indicator of non-verbal, non-culturally biased intelligence.

There are Visual Reasoning, Numerical Reasoning tests, where you have to find out what comes next, in the series from your Reasoning ability.

There are no tricks or tips to solve this RA.
Only thing is you should keep on working on various problems, practice, practice well enough to solve them within the time frame. That is the only secret of success.

Regards
1st June 2010, 06:29 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Some of the sites which can help you with tips and solutions for logical reasoning questions are Koolcareer.com,indiastudychannel etc
If you are really struggling on our own, join some training institute as the success rule is simple, as many questions you do, more better will you become in solving reasoning questions. Time is also a critical factor. So being able to think and act quickly is the key and for that you need to attempt doing as many questions as possible.
1st June 2010, 10:26 PM
sanjusays

see can't tell you tips and tricks here itself as its not a matter of writing 10-15 lines its matter of entire reasoning section....but try to work on questions on round tables like 5-6 persons are sitting on a table Mr x is right of Mr y and Mr z is third to left of Mr n...in these questions drawing a diagram will help you a lot....if there any particular kind of questions let us know we can tell you tips and tricks for them....
1st June 2010, 11:53 PM
inderpal singh chahal

please refer RS AGGARWAL its a good book for tricks .
2nd June 2010, 12:15 AM
pradeep.g.u
Senior Member+

think logically and big .. choose the odd answer from the choice ..solve the problem with solutions provided
2nd June 2010, 01:46 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

According to me, Just get the various authors books from market and
keep practice daily, If you get more practice you will get confidence
on you and try to practice concentration and meditation regularly. This
will help you to remain focused during preparation and also on the day of
the exam..........
2nd June 2010, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

suggest few more sites which provide solved papers for reasoning
3rd June 2010, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

remember one thing....see questions from any where in the world but try to solve them on your own and not by looking at solutions and understanding them....u might get stuck up at a question for 20-25 min but even that stuck up is worth since it evolves the ability to think....and this ability will help you crack questions in real exam....just by seeing solutions and understanding them wont help you a great deal...having said that for some typical repeated kind of questions you can have a look at solutions if you get stuck initially since the method to solve those kind is same.....
30th July 2010, 03:23 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

If you get more practice you will get confidence on you ,join some training institute as the success rule is simple, as many questions you do, more better will you become in solving reasoning questions.solve as much as sample papers before you actually sit in the exam.
31st July 2010, 01:31 AM
subhash5687
Banned

Quote:
try to join some coaching where you will got all the tricks ...................
31st July 2010, 07:16 AM
nillu
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Tips to solve reasoning questions in clerical exams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
suggest few more sites which provide solved papers for reasoning
You can go on to sites for solving reasoning and numericals
www.indiabix.com
www.indiastudychannel.com
You can also join Mahendras coaching institute. whose official website is
www.mahendras.org.mahendra institute.
Also you keep on practicing as many as questions as you can.
Best of luck!
31st July 2010, 09:58 AM
sathsish

Smile Re: Tips to solve reasoning questions in clerical exams?

hello friend,
there is no such tricks or indirect method of solving your problem the only solution is the way you think to solve it. solve as much as sample papers before you actually sit in the exam.think every question in a diferrent simple way than a complicated way.then it will be the best..

all the very best..@@@
31st July 2010, 02:08 PM
yashaswini t s

according to the best of my knowledge, clerical exams contains many steps,like 1.test of reasioning, 2.testof aptitude, 3.numerical ability, test of english, 60 marks descriptive question. if your ranking in all this is more, then you will be called for intreveiw. so get prepered in this way FREIND.
31st July 2010, 03:06 PM
kalyan333

if you want tips,
you must join in any institution which are giving opportunity to learn reasoning easily.
and solve sample papers as much as possible.
31st July 2010, 03:53 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

HI!

For solving reasoning questions one must have good logical & analytical skills.

The reasoning questions that are being asked in different clerical exams are based on specific patterns & topics. The questions will be different in different clerical exam but the pattern & topic will be the same.

Generally the questions are asked from these topics:
Odd one out
Family relationships
Sitting arrangements

You need to understand how the problems based on specific topics are solved. Once you understand it you will solve any problem based on these topics & you will easily clear the reasoning section of clerical exams.

You can refer the book of reasoning by R.S.Agarwal. And try to solve model question papers as well as previous year question papers.
1st August 2010, 12:42 AM
happy to help

Bank exams, be it PO or clerical aren’t that difficult as people think. But the problem is the vacancies: applicant’s ratio. So all you need to worry is about your preparation and not the toughness of the paper.

If you are preparing for PO exam, the first thing you need to know is the pattern of the exam. A written test for a PO exam consists of 2 parts, objective part and a descriptive part . The objective part consists of four sections namely, English language test, quantitative ability, Reasoning and General Awareness/ Marketing aptitude.

The exact pattern for a specific bank can be found in the ‘acquaint yourself booklet’ which you get when you apply to an exam.

But for now I’ll discuss on how to attempt a standard bank PO exam which has 225 questions in total with 135 minutes time i.e., 2 hrs and 15 minutes.

225 questions in 135 minutes comes out to be 36 seconds per question. It may seem daunting but it’s not the end of the world since we aren’t attempting every question. If you can attempt 175-185 questions (> 190 is excellent) with 90 percent accuracy, you’ve done a good job.

So as soon as you are told to start answering, I would recommend starting with the General awareness/ Marketing aptitude section and there won’t be much to think or solve in it. Just see the question and mark the answer. Attempt as many questions as you can in this section (only if you’re sure of the answer) but you should be able to complete the section in 25 minutes (20 minutes would be excellent).

The next section to go for would be English and I generally the first 9-10 questions in it will be that of comprehensive passage. So I would recommend leaving that part of the questions as the rest of the section is pretty Basic English which is very easy. Again you should be able to complete this section in 20-25 minutes.

So we’ve done with 2 sections in 40-50 minutes and left with another 135 questions which should be done in 85-95 minutes.

Depending upon your strength, go for either Reasoning or Quant but remember to solve the easiest questions first (this will be the deciding factor). Any thing that requires serious calculation in Quant or serious thinking in Reasoning should be left behind at first and come back to it if time permits at the end. For example questions on circular arrangement in Reasoning and compound interest calculations in Quant could be avoided.

From the feedback given by many test takers, what I found is that the DI part in Quant will be an important part in the test which is also very easiest part. Most of the question in it could be solved without even using your pen. So work hard on DI.

Coming to the time for these 2 sections, 50 questions in Quant (or all that you could solve) should be completed in 40 minutes which leaves out 45-55 minutes to solve 75 questions in Reasoning. Don’t neglect the non-verbal part in Reasoning as there would be atleast 15 questions from it.

All said and done, you should have atleast 5 minutes at the last which you could either use to solve the Reading comprehension in English or the arrangement questions in Reasoning.

If you are accustomed with any procedure from the beginning, I would recommend following that so that you dont mess up completely. If this is your first attempt for PO/ clerical exam, then this method would work well.

If you have any other question, don’t hesitate put them here. I’ll be greatly obliged to answer them.
16th August 2010, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

please send me short cut method to solve the comp. exam.
19th August 2010, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

hi sir please give me some tips for bank p.o.
20th August 2010, 02:04 AM
richa420
Banned

frnd

if u want to do better result in clerkial exam then u hav to do practice of. reasoning question from various book like verbal nd nonverabal rasoning by Dr.R.S.Agrwal. frnd one thing remember that there is no any shortcut for success.

best of luck
21st August 2010, 03:40 AM
Unregistered

are the quetions repeated from previous bank exams?
23rd August 2010, 02:34 AM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

here it is not possible to give to all tricks to solving clerk level maths.

you can get these all tricks in books.

you can get in " aptitude test by R S AGGRAWAL".

so follow this book.

all the best.
23rd August 2010, 09:32 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
for solving reasoning:at first stop another thinking.
then solve the example.
then take a easy problem.
gradually take a tough problem.
then see ,after compliting some problem,it is nothing to you.
for example you may visit:http://www.allinterview.com/showanswers/27633.html
best of luck
23rd August 2010, 11:55 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
the tips to solve reasoning questions in clerical exams cannot be given online.you have to understand by yourself.but still i can suggest you that solve as many pproblems as you can.think each problem in a sipmle way instead of complicated way.
wish you all the best!!
31st August 2010, 01:55 AM
ne123

20th September 2010, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

Plese sent me trick how to solve the question papers and how to complete all the questions befor time, kindly sent me the trick to my email id :- [email protected]
23rd September 2010, 01:22 AM
nillu
Senior Member+

plese try and practice as many as question possibl.
Practice makes a man perfect so go through some standard books like R>S agrawal and also x can join any coaching like career launcher, ETEN, Mahndra's etc for tricks in bank exam and success
24th September 2010, 08:20 PM
yap chungla

Thumbs down Re: Tips to solve reasoning questions in clerical exams?

[Quote by yap chungla)Plese send me tricks to solve reasoning questions which are mostly come in clerical exams.(model paper with solution and tricks to solve them.)......thanks.
15th October 2010, 02:10 PM
mseetharamster

Observe the series given.
Keen observation and assumption helps to find the reason in it.

Then applying the reason try to find the answer through verification if it works.

In this manner you can do very easily and fastly.
17th October 2010, 06:12 PM
Unregistered

sir
i want to know about the tips & trick to solve the maths problems.
23rd October 2010, 11:10 AM
nillu
Senior Member+

Quote:
sir
i want to know about the tips & trick to solve the maths problems.
To solve maths problem you need have join the coaching class.
It will help you to get the tricks.
For math stricks purchase the book
Quicker Maths
by M.Tyra
of BSC publication
9th November 2010, 09:20 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan.s View Post
u have to practice that clerical ques. before exams. caues it gives u confidence ,technics and time management which are key factors in this exams. so best of luck.
hi send me the short cuts to my email id
please
10th November 2010, 11:43 AM
helpmaster

Quote:
hi send me the short cuts to my email id
please
See there are a number of short cuts but that can only be learned if some teaches you personally so you can join coaching classes and also you can try as many questions as you can and try to play with numbers. and remmeber one thing Practice makes aman perfect

You should try to by heart squares, cuberoots, square roots and multilples upto 35.
these will help to save time
10th November 2010, 12:57 PM
chandana Reddy

hi...
just practice the problems everyday from various books...learn the shortcuts provided in the book which will help you to solve the problems in a less time...
you can refer RS agarwal for this purpose...

good luck
11th November 2010, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

hiii, im yogesh. I Just want to know that how to prepare for non verbal unit in reasoning , and i also want to know that how much i have to get the marks for getting in a merit.
12th November 2010, 02:04 PM
juniad bashir

Quote:
pzl sen me the short cut or tps to solve the blood relations question
12th November 2010, 07:52 PM
Sneha1247

Hi!!!!
There are different different books avialabe in the market just go and and buy which you found better.

And to solve reassoning questions just try to have active your mind in your daily life problems. Try to solwe your routine problems in a logical way and definitely you can find big change in reasing ability.

with best wishes!!!!
13th November 2010, 10:47 AM
nillu
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniad bashir View Post
pzl sen me the short cut or tps to solve the blood relations question
To solve the lood relation problems you need to consider all relation considering yourself in the centre.
And make codes for different generation and for different sex.
If you take yourself as an individual everything will b e clear to you
21st November 2010, 07:16 PM
aman84

hii seniors....

wat should be the preference of attempting the que paper in all.. how much time could be devoted in each section??? above mentioned tips are for po exam.. wat for the clerical
24th November 2010, 01:44 PM
helpmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman84 View Post
hii seniors....

wat should be the preference of attempting the que paper in all.. how much time could be devoted in each section??? above mentioned tips are for po exam.. wat for the clerical
As far as bank clerical exam is concerned you need to devote maximum time to maths and reasoning section as both these sections are scoring and only 1/3 time given to both english and clerical aptitude section.
Accuracy must be counted in attemptin the questions as negative marking is there
10th December 2010, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

please send me the explanation of reasoning's PROBLEM FIGURES-ANSWER FIGURES sample......
i can't undrstand it at all.............
plz help me out.........

[email protected]
3rd February 2011, 10:16 AM
Unregistered

dear sir
please suggest me a good book on reasoning and numerical ability with solve and method discussion.i am now first time candidate for bank po and cleark exam.plz help me sir...................................
3rd February 2011, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

Hai I am veeru go for good institute and get good tips and also ask the seniors how they were prepared
21st February 2011, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

can any one help me in providing shortcuts of reasoning for PO's & clerks.. Please treat this as urgent as im having my exam on 13.03.2011...

[email protected]
26th February 2011, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

Have BSC Previous year papers from market,its really helpful,but remember study it after reading R.S aggarwal not directly
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?