18th December 2018, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

Is UGC-NET compulsory to become a Lecturer?

I have done M.A (English Literature) and want to be Lecturer, but my score is 54.23% so, am I eligible for UGC-NET? Or, can I get the post of Lecturer in any college without this exam?

31st December 2018, 08:17 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is UGC-NET compulsory to become a Lecturer?

To become eligible for lecturer in government colleges or university, you will have to qualify National Eligibility Test now conducted by National Testing Agency. The academic qualification required for NET exam:

>>Candidate must have done post graduation in any stream from a recognized university. The minimum percentage of marks required in master's degree is 55%.

>>There is relaxation of 5% marks for SC/ST candidates. If you belong to SC/ST category then only you can apply for exam with 54.23% marks in master's degree.
31st December 2018, 11:40 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test is compulsory for becoming lecturer in government colleges and universities.

You can not become lecturer in government colleges without appearing for NET exam.

Academic qualification: Master's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

You must have minimum of 55% marks in master's degree.
31st December 2018, 01:08 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

It is compulsory to qualify in UGC NET for recruitment as lecturer in government colleges.

The minimum required qualification is that candidate must have passed master degree with minimum 55% aggregate and relaxation for reserved category. No, age limit to appear in the examination.

So, you are not eligible to appear for examination with 54.23% aggregate to appear in the examination.
31st December 2018, 02:25 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NET/SET or CSIR is mandatory to appear and qualify for selection as lecturer in government universities.

The minimum required qualification is that candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university with minimum 55% aggregate. There is no age limit to appear for examination.

So, you are not eligible to appear for the examination and not eligible for final recruitment without the above qualification.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?