12th June 2012, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

Is NET compulsory for M.Tech CS in order to apply for lecturer vacancy in government university?

is net compulsory for M.tech CS in order to apply for lecturer vacancy in government university ? i have seen in the advertisement of many government university that only net qualified candidate is eligible for the post of asst. prof or prof.I did B.tech and M.tech in CS and also gate qualified.is it compulsory for me or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Date of the Tax Inspector exam/Interview?
  2. Am i eligible for CTET exam? I have secured 60%
  3. Is there any existing vacancy for jobs as lecturer in sociology? I have UGC/NET qualification
  4. How to get Lecturer jobs in Government colleges having completed M.Tech?
  5. Am i eligible for Lecturer job in government colleges after completion of my BA, B.Ed and MA in English?
  6. Is it a good idea to do a job as a lecturer in Government Polytechnic Colleges in Delhi? How to apply and what are the requirements to become a lecturer in Polytechnic colleges?
  7. Whether MCA graduate is eligible to become an Assistant professor in B.Sc(Computer Science) colleges?
  8. Can I become a Lecturer if completed Post Graduation through correspondence?
  9. Can I apply for lecturer post in any government recognized college after scoring 45.5% in B.A and 61% in M.A?
  10. How to apply for NET exam after B.Com to become a Commerce Lecturer?
  11. How to do Ph.D in Chemistry being a College lecturer?
  12. What is the eligibility to become a lecturer in government polytechnic college?
  13. Detailed information and eligibility to appear in SLET?
  14. Eligibility for Lecturer posts in government recognized colleges? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Eligibility criteria for Job as Lecturer in Government Polytechnic college and Procedure to apply?
  16. Eligibility criteria for Job as Lecturer in Government Polytechnic college? Procedure to apply?
  17. How to become a professor in college after graduating with pass class? Can I appear for B.Ed?
  18. Can I appear for NET exam by studying in an open University? Procedure to attend the exam as well as details of lecturers who studied in open University and working as a lecturer in Karnataka? -- [New]
14th June 2012, 06:03 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is NET compulsory for M.Tech CS in order to apply for lecturer vacancy in government university?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
is net compulsory for M.tech CS in order to apply for lecturer vacancy in government university ? i have seen in the advertisement of many government university that only net qualified candidate is eligible for the post of asst. prof or prof.I did B.tech and M.tech in CS and also gate qualified.is it compulsory for me or not?
As you have done your Master of Technology program in Computer Science and want to become an Assistant Professor in Government Universities, you have got to qualify National Eligibility Test for Lectureship conducted by University Grant Commission. Candidates who have not qualified National Eligibility Test or State Lectureship Eligibility Test (which is conducted on state level) are not considered eligible to apply for position of Assistant Professor/Lecturer in Universities and Colleges situated in India.
Now, to take any of the eligibility test, i.e. National Eligibility Test or State Lectureship Eligibility Test, you must have obtained a minimum of 55% marks in the Masters Degree examination. However for candidates belonging to SC/ST category gets relaxation of 5% in the required percentage of marks.
The National Eligibility Test is conducted in the month of June as well as in December every year and to know more about it, refer to the official website of University Grant Commission.
14th June 2012, 11:55 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is NET compulsory for M.Tech CS in order to apply for lecturer vacancy in government university?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, You are right and it is compulsory for the candidate to cracked the NET Examination if you wants to become a Lecturer/Professor in Government/Private Universities. To become Lecturer/Assistant prof./Professor in top Universities, you need to cracked NET Examination.

Most of the Universities will recruits only NET candidates for the post of Lecturer.

So, If you are Interested to become lecturer in some top colleges, then please apply for NET(National Eligibility test). This examination is Conducted by UGC(University Grant Commission) twice in a year and the examination is conducted in June and December Every year.

To apply for NET Examination you have to complete your Post graduate/ master degree course with minimum 55% Marks from a recognized University. Final year appearing candidates are also eligible to apply for this examination.

If you are Interested then please wait for December NET Examination Notification. The Notification will be published soon in December and eligible candidates may apply for this examination online only, The examination fees of NET is Rs 450 and you have to pay the fees through challan form in SBI Bank and then you can fill online application form of NET.

So, please apply for NET Examination and prepared well to cracked this examination and for more details check official website:

ugcnetonline.in
15th June 2012, 04:52 AM
guruvana244

Yes, you can become a lecturer after getting 60% marks in NET exam as to become a lecturer the eligibility criteria is -
That you must pass the NET exam.

The process for joining a govt college is very simple-

As time to time the Govt colleges publish the vacancies in the various newspapers.So whenever there is any intimation regarding this then you should fill the FORM & appear for the interview.If selected then you will be appointed as a lecturer in the GOVT college.But make sure that you have enrolled yourself in the "Employment Exchange" before filling the form.

15th June 2012, 12:26 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

NET eligibility criteria:-

For giving UGC NET u need to have a master Degree. You can choose any subject from your master degree.UGC NET consists of three papers
1) General studies (50 objective questions)
2) Your optional paper (50 objective questions)
3) Your optional paper (Subjective questions)

For Junior Research Fellowship-max 28yrs.

For lectureship-no upper age limit.

Thus you see its mandatory to give the NET exam to qualify as a lecturer in any university.

Good luck
17th December 2012, 08:12 PM
Unregistered

is net compulsory to become an English lecturer in diploma college
17th December 2012, 10:08 PM
Cool Srk
Senior Member+

Cool Re: Is NET compulsory for M.Tech CS in order to apply for lecturer vacancy in government university?

Hi Friend,

NET eligibility criteria:-

For giving UGC NET u need to have a master Degree. You can choose any subject from your master degree.UGC NET consists of three papers
  • General studies (50 objective questions)
  • Your optional paper (50 objective questions)
  • Your optional paper (Subjective questions)

So it is compulsory that you must give NET exam.

Cool Thanks...
18th December 2012, 12:31 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

It is mandatory to clear the National Eligibility Test. It does not matter whether you have completed M.Tech or M.Com, NET entrance exam is absolutely mandatory to clear if one wishes to become lecturer in government colleges.

Having cleared GATE is not going to matter here. As per the rules of government of India, National Eligibility Test is mandatory, similarly as Teachers Eligibility Test is mandatory if one wants to become school teacher.

There is no relaxation offered to any student over this criteria. The National Eligibility Test is conducted on the yearly basis. You can appear in June or December. The notification of the entrance exams is released by University Grants Commission which conducts the exam on the behalf of central government.

Eligibility

1. Candidate of Indian origin is eligible to apply.

2. Must have post graduation degree from a UGC recognized university.

3. Minimum marks required are 55 percent.

4. SC/ST need 50 percent marks.

5. Those who are in final year of master degree can also apply.

6. But such students will require to submit their PG degree within 2 years.

7. Your NET subject should be relevant to post graduation.

8. There is no restriction on number of attempts.

9. The age limit for candidates appearing for JRF is 28 years.

10. Three years relaxation in age limit is given to OBC candidates.

11. SC/ST are eligible for 5 years relaxation.

12. There is no upper age limit for the candidates who are applying for the College Lectureship.
1st January 2016, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

Hey, I had done B.Tech in Biotechnology & M.Tech in Environmental Engineering. So if i want to give UGC NET examination, under which section i fill up the form ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?