20th August 2014, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

Is it compulsory to do MCA through regular mode to appear in UGC NET?

I have completed my BCA and now i am appearing for MCA, I want to know if i want to appear for UGC Net, is it compulsory to do MCA regularly? If i do MCA private then am i eligible for UGC Net or not?

25th August 2014, 01:52 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it compulsory to do MCA through regular mode to appear in UGC NET?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my BCA and now i am appearing for MCA, I want to know if i want to appear for UGC Net, is it compulsory to do MCA regularly? If i do MCA private then am i eligible for UGC Net or not?
If you are in final year of your MCA degree then you are eligible for UGC NET exam .If your degree is recognized then you can apply for UGC NET exam .

NET Stands for National Eligibility Test. It is Conducted twice every year by the University Grants Commission in the months of June & December.

Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks in Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from universities / institutions recognized by UGC are eligible for UGC NET Test.50% marks is required in case of SC / ST / PWD category candidates.

For JRF ,The age should be below 28 years .Age relaxation up to 5 years provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate .For Lectureship , there are no age limit.

Marks distribution for each papers of NET Exam:-

Section 1 - 100 marks(60 questions are there)
Section 2 - 100 marks(50 questions are there)
Section 3 - 150 marks(75 questions are there)

http://www.ugc.ac.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?