3rd March 2019, 09:02 PM
SUBIR KUMAR DEY

Upper age limit for applying for the post Assistant Professor of Mathematics in government aided colleges?

I AM 47 YEARS OLD, PG TEACHER IN MATHEMATICS AT GOVT AIDED H.S. SCHOOL SINCE 17/07/2002 AT WEST BENGAL. I AM SLET AND NET QUALIFIED IN MATH'S. I HAVE COMPLETED M.PHIL. IN MATH'S IN 2009 FROM VINAYAKA MISSION UNIVERSITY ON REGULAR MODE. I AM CONTINUING PhD. IN MATH'S AT BODOLAND UNIVERSITY AFTER REGISTRATION IN MAY, 2017. I HAVE ALSO 5 RESEARCH ARTICLES ON GEOMETRY. CAN I GET ANY AGE RELAXATION FOR APPLYING THE POST OF ASSISTANT PROFESSOR IN MATH'S AT ANY GOVT./GOVT. AIDED COLLEGES OR UNIVERSITY IN INDIA? OR, IS THERE ANY UPPER AGE LIMIT FOR THAT?

6th March 2019, 09:18 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Upper age limit for applying for the post Assistant Professor of Mathematics in government aided colleges?

There is no upper age limit for applying the eligibility for assistant professor.
6th March 2019, 09:39 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Upper age limit for applying for the post Assistant Professor of Mathematics in government aided colleges?

Age criteria for the post of Assistant Professor:

There is no upper age limit reply as an assistant professor in a college.
13th March 2019, 12:39 PM
S.Panicker

The upper age limit for a lecturer is 35 years with relaxation for those from Reserved Category. In your case since you have experience in a Govt School those years will stand you in good stead.
The only thing to remember is getting a Vacancy in a govt college, at an Assistant Professor level.
1.Someone must already be working as a lecturer and due for promotion and you will be competing with such people.
Do go through the Employment News as that is the only paper that features advertisements about govt college job vacancies.
Try registering for online teaching jobs which pay equally well, try Vedantu.com , Meritnation.com and Chegg for online teaching jobs which you can pursue in your free time and make good money.
There is no pension for govt college jobs post the 6th pay commission so the charm of getting into a govt college is no longer there.
Plus one has to be very lucky to get a vacancy with zero local people applying, if you plan to move out of your state. Think about this very important criteria which is, competing with people from other states in their home ground.
Best option would be to try for a job in the University where you are currently doing your Phd as those people will know you and would be happy to have you on their team.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?