3rd October 2010, 05:48 PM
arushi4

Value of post graduations distance learning courses like MSc in Ecology and Environment

i am a maths graduate from DU. i have also done B.Ed. from GGSIPU.i wish to change my stream to environmental sciences.how good are the distance learning courses like M.Sc. in ecology and environment in view of getting jobs in market.

Related Questions:
  1. What are the names of universities where I can apply for Ph.D in ecology and environment in correspondence course after M.Sc ecology and environment?
  2. Date of admission for distance M.Sc(Environment and Ecology) in IIEE, New Delhi?
  3. Procedure to apply for PhD in Ecology with scholarship in Mumbai if completed M.Sc(Ecology & Environment) from SMU?
  4. Can I apply for PG after scoring 50% from Dakshin Hindi Prachar Sabha
  5. List of Deemed universities which offer PhD in Ecology for M.Sc(Ecology & Environment) postgraduate?
  6. Part time Ph.D in distance after M.Sc in Ecology and environment science with 1st division?
  7. How to do M.Tech degree form BITS Pilani?
  8. Can I take admission in MCA in Pune University after doing graduation in Jaipur National University
  9. Is there any scope for distance learning for MSc CS? I am pursuing MSc CS(computer science) from distance learning education institute
  10. Is there any scope for distance learning for MSc Chemistry?
  11. Is MSc Bioinformatics through distance learning good from career point of view? Will I get better placement after completing this course from Distance Learning? Names of institute providing DL in MSc Bioinformatics?
  12. Eligibility criteria for doing M.Phil in Botany through distance education in Indian Institute of Ecology and Environment?
  13. Universities for doing M.Com to make a teaching career after B.Com (pass) with 52.5% marks?
  14. Whether M.Sc. (Organic Chemistry) course is available in JNU or not? -- [New]
  15. Is there any scope for distance learning for MSc Chemistry? Which university is good for distance learning MSc?
  16. How can I do MSc Nutrition and Dietetics from IGNOU through distance learning programme? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Is correspondence M.Com beneficial? What is the fee structure? Procedure for admission?
  18. Which are the recognized correspondence M.Tech programs which I can join after B.Tech?
3rd October 2010, 11:54 PM
divey rajpal

Default Re: Value of post graduations distance learning courses like MSc in Ecology and Environment

hey friend you have done your graduation in mathematics then why do you want to change your track ...han talking in terms of enviornmental studies it iz really avery wide and a highly demanding ...you have a bright future here in it even. itz all about interest further ..
4th October 2010, 05:54 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Value of post graduations distance learning courses like MSc in Ecology and Environment

hello Arushi,
you are right as after b.ed its become quite cumbersome for one to do a regular P.G and post graduation in maths is really very tough & one should be done it as a regular mode.So M.sc in Ecology and environment is a very good subject & it is highly demanded now a days,and you can do it from distance learning.about jobs, there are No: of jobs available and they all are well paid off.
4th October 2010, 07:55 PM
aotiwari

Professional ecologist can make a difference in how the
general population treats environment with their rigorous
scientific research and presentation of their ideas.
You will not only earn but also doing a great service to Mother Nature.

Career:
Ecologist can be of service in a wide variety of fields like
agriculture,
forestry,
nature conservation,
pollution control,
regional development & environmental education and many more.
Also you can get employment in
Dept. of Agriculture and various Agricultural Research Institutes
Dept. of Environmental Affairs,
Dept. of Nature Conservation and National Parks,
private organisation.
4th October 2010, 07:58 PM
aotiwari

Smile Re: Value of post graduations distance learning courses like MSc in Ecology and Environment

Renumerations

The amount will depend on your academic qualification,
institute or university
experience.
you can get anything between 1lakh to 1.5 lakh as annual
income in corporate sector with rapid growth with little of experience
5th October 2010, 06:59 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

There is nothing wrong with a course in environmental science. With the kind of drastic changes that we have in the environment now, the number of projects and hence job opportunities in this field is large. Please do a proper research on the course details and the university from where you intend to do the course.
27th March 2011, 12:05 AM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
According to me -
Professional ecologist can make a difference in how the
general population treats environment with their rigorous
scientific research and presentation of their ideas.
You will not only earn but also doing a great service to Mother Nature.

Career:
Ecologist can be of service in a wide variety of fields like
agriculture,
forestry,
nature conservation,
pollution control,
regional development & environmental education and many more.
Also you can get employment in
Dept. of Agriculture and various Agricultural Research Institutes
Dept. of Environmental Affairs,
Dept. of Nature Conservation and National Parks,
private organisation.
Thanks.
All the best.
27th March 2011, 10:16 AM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

Hi,
you are right as after b.ed its become quite cumbersome for one to do a regular P.G and post graduation in maths is really very tough & one should be done it as a regular mode.So M.sc in Ecology and environment is a very good subject & it is highly demanded now a days,and you can do it from distance learning.about jobs, there are No: of jobs available and they all are well paid off.

Thanks
6th April 2011, 12:33 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir
I am B.Sc (botnay) and want to do M.sc. in ecology & environment distance .Please guide me about distance universities in india.
26th April 2011, 04:25 PM
aaqibyousf

It is best if you are doing a job.
10th August 2011, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

i have done b.sc. zoology and b.ed. i want to pursue m.sc. in zoology by distance learning as i donot have enough time for regular college .is it better or not? can i do ph.d. after this?name some affiliated universities offering this programme.
25th November 2011, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

Is sikkim manipal university correspondence m.sc degree recognised
11th February 2012, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

I am a senior lecturer in intercollege.I want pg degree in environment so that i can continue PHD.So i want all the details about it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?