2nd June 2020, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

Are we eligible to write the CA CPT after passing Diploma course?

Can I write the CA's CPT exam after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering which I started immediately after passing my 10th Board exams? So, I do not have formal 11th and 12th educational instead I did Diploma.

3rd June 2020, 12:35 PM
Padmashree K S

Default Re: Are we eligible to write the CA CPT after passing Diploma course?

Yes you can write CA CPT exam. Diploma of 2 years is equivalent to intermediate level and it is considerable to attend CA exams.
3rd June 2020, 01:02 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

--- To be eligible to appear in CA CPT, candidates should have qualified their class 10th and 12th examination or an equivalent examination from a recognised board.

---- No, you are not eligible to appear in this examination just on the basis of diploma course as you have not completed you are 12th.
3rd June 2020, 05:24 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible for CA CPT entrance examination after completing diploma course. Only the candidate who completed 12th standard are eligible to apply for CPT entrance examination.

Information about CPT examination:-
If you are interested to apply for this examination then you should complete your 12th board examination from recognised board. The CPT examination is divided into two parts namely: online mode / paper pencil mode.
You should have to answer that query which you have know. Because every wrong answer will be deducted from the total marks .

Syllabus for CPT examination:-
Quantitative Aptitude
Mercantile Law
Fundamental of Accounting
General Economic.
3rd June 2020, 05:28 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for CA CPT:-

> Candidates must have passed in 10 + 2 level (Senior Secondary) qualifying examination from any national or state recognised Board of Secondary education in India.

> Candidates must have registered / switched over to come proficiency course with Board of studies of ICAI on or before June 30, 2017.

> Candidates CPT registration must not have expired.
3rd June 2020, 08:18 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Arrow Re: Are we eligible to write the CA CPT after passing Diploma course?

Are we eligible to write the CA CPT after passing Diploma course

Yes, Diploma courses are equal to to 12th and a bit more than that. So there are no drawbacks. just that you spend a year more completing the diploma

Candidates must have passed their 10th and 12th level qualifying examination from a recognized board of education or equivalent examination can join CA CPT
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?