15th August 2018, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

What is the age bar for Post Graduate for NET/SLET?

Sir, I have passed B.Sc (Botany) and my age is 38 years. Am I eligible for NET/SLET for lectureship in colleges/universities and for that what I have to do? Can I take Humanities (Arts) subject in PG for NET/SLET? What is the last age for that since I belongs to General category?

18th August 2018, 04:37 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age bar for Post Graduate for NET/SLET?

First thing I would like to let you know that being a graduate in Botany i.e; B.Sc in Botany degree holder, you are not eligible for becoming a lecturer in any college as the minimum education required for becoming a lecturer is a master degree with at least 55% marks ( or 50% marks in case of reserved category candidates ) in the subject opted for NET/SLET paper from a recognized university.

Further, I would like to let you know that there is no age limit for appearing in NET/SLET to become a lecturer in any recognized college.

Yes, you can opt for Arts stream for your post graduate i.e; master's degree course but you must be aware that you can opt for only that subject for your NET/SLET paper in which you have completed your PG degree course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?