13th December 2019, 12:35 PM

What is the age criteria for admission in UKG or 1st standard in CBSE affiliated schools?

I want to get my daughter's admission in CBSE affiliated school in UKG or 1st grade/standard. Her date of birth is 4th September, 2014. Is she eligible for it?

14th December 2019, 10:25 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age criteria for admission in UKG or 1st standard in CBSE affiliated schools?

Minimum age criteria for getting admission in UKG in CBSE school is 4 years 6 months.

The minimum age criteria for getting admission in 1st standard in CBSE school is 5 years 6 months.
14th December 2019, 10:27 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age criteria for admission in UKG or 1st standard in CBSE affiliated schools?

CBSE has not declared any age limit for admission in any respective std.

It is the sole responsibility of Directorate of State Education to determine the age limit qualification to get admission in any std.

So, you can visit the official website of concerned office for more details.
15th December 2019, 10:36 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

You can visit at the official website of the Directorate of State Education to get the information about the minimum age limit to get admission in std 1 in the school of respective state.

CBSE or any other recognised board has no role in determining the age limit qualification.
16th December 2019, 07:03 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

The minimum age limit for UKG admission in CBSE is 4 years and 6 months.
The minimum age limit for 1st standard admission in CBSE school is 5 years 6 months.
You need to contact the School for taking admission. Collect the application form and submit along with necessary documents.
7th April 2022, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

My daughter age is now 4 years 5 months is she eligible for ukg at this age
7th April 2023, 07:23 AM
Unregistered

My daughter's date of birth is 08.08.2018. Can she study U.K.G. in cbse school?
7th April 2023, 03:47 PM
Nikhil202k
Banned

In CBSE affiliated schools, the age criteria for admission in UKG (Upper Kindergarten) is generally between 4 to 5 years and for 1st standard, the age criteria is generally between 5 to 6 years as of 31st March of the year in which admission is sought. However, it is important to note that age criteria may vary slightly from school to school, so it is always advisable to check with the particular school you are interested in for their specific admission requirements.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?