11th May 2020, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

What can we study after B.Com to become a Lawyer?

I have completed my B.Com in the year 2019 and now I want to study a course in Law and become a Lawyer. So, what should I do now? I don't know how to apply for admission in Law colleges or about any entrance exams. Please, guide me on this.

13th May 2020, 03:26 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What can we study after B.Com to become a Lawyer?

To become a lawyer after the B.Com, you can pursue LLB course.

The eligiblility to get admission in LLB course is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

There is no upper age limit to pursue the course.

Entrance examination is conducted by various institutions for admission in the course.

So, visit the official website of the institution for detail information about the admission procedure.
14th May 2020, 10:34 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

1. You can apply for Law entrance of University of your choice for admission in Bachelor of Law course.

2. The minimum academic qualification required for LLB after bachelor's degree is graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

For some universities, minimum percentage criteria in bachelor's degree is 50% marks. You can apply for DU LLB entrance exam. Due to lockdown, it may be delayed, keep visiting the official website of DU for latest updates.
14th May 2020, 08:07 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for LLB course on the basis of your present educational qualification.

It is three year course from a recognised university.

Entrance examination is conducted by various institutions for the admission in the course.

So, you can appear and qualify in it to get the admission.
14th May 2020, 09:10 PM
kuwaitjob

You can apply for the LLB course after B.com,and you have to undergo a examination for taking admission into a law college. Many of the colleges have their own entrance exams and you should first choose the college you like to apply and check their website about the entrance exams and admission procedures.
14th May 2020, 10:00 PM
kachhadiyaramesh

After passing B.Com, you can apply for the 3 year duration LLB course. Admission will be based on national level entrance CLAT. You can apply for LLB course based on CLAT score to law university in which you want to take admission. After completion of your LLB, you will get degree of LLB. After that, you can register as a Lawyer with Bar Council of India and can work as a Lawyer.

CLAT Syllabus
- English and Comprehension
- Elementary Mathematics
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- Logical Reasoning
- Legal Aptitude

Top Universities Offering LLB Course
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar
- National Law University, Jodhpur
- West Bengal National University of Judicial Sciences, Kolkata
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna
- National Law University, Delhi
- National Law University, Odisha
18th May 2020, 05:42 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Unhappy Re: What can we study after B.Com to become a Lawyer?

You should have a b.com degree with a minimum of 40% marks in aggregate and 35% for SC/ST candidates. For seeking admission in this law course the students have to give an entrance test and a personal interview.

You can become a lawyer after pursuing B.Com. by opting for 3-year law degree. The only difference between a 3-year L.L.B and 5-year L.L.B program is that in the former you only study core Law subjects, while the latter also teaches basic subjects of graduation along with the core subjects of Law.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?