26th October 2016, 09:41 AM
Unregistered

What is the work of a BDO? What qualification is required to get the job?

Hello Sir, I want to become a BDO so I want to know what is the work of a BDO? What qualification is required and what should I study to prepare for the post of BDO?

26th October 2016, 07:23 PM
18Angel
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the work of a BDO? What qualification is required to get the job?

BDO-Block Development Officer to carry out all the functions that CEO Zila Panchayat does at district level.

Eligibility Criteria- You should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university.

Age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

Selection Procedure- The selection is through written test & personal interview.
26th October 2016, 08:13 PM
princekainth2

Default Re: What is the work of a BDO? What qualification is required to get the job?

BDO are referred to as CEO Jan pad (block) and they carry out all the functions that CEO Zila panchayat does at the district level.

BDO are hired after Administrative Service examination conducted by State Public Service Commission.

Eligibility:
Graduation from recognized college

Age limit : 21 to 30 years
26th October 2016, 08:16 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

The Block Development Officer(BDO) exam is conducted by State PSC. He is an official in charge of block. He monitors the programs related to the development of blocks. These are the qualifications for Block Development Officer job:
1. Candidates should have completed their graduation from a recognized university.
2. Candidates age must be between 21 to 28 years.

Thanks
26th October 2016, 10:24 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

BDO stands for Block Development officer.

Work and Responsibilities of BDO:

*Implementation of all rural schemes for different sections of society.

*Execution of Decisions of Panchayat Samiti works and actions.

*Look after development activities like NREGA, pension for widows, Public Distribution system, agriculture related schemes and programmes.

Academic qualification for BDO is bachelor's degree. You will have to appear for State Public Service commission exam and clear it to get this post. You should work on both front objective as well as subjective. Read history, polity, economics and be updated with current affairs.
6th May 2017, 06:17 PM
Unregistered

Suppose, after getting posted as a BDO, can anyone prepare for IAS examination continuing with that job?
18th May 2020, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

Send me the notification of Punjab Haryana bdpo recruitment
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?