16th January 2017, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

Can I become a Lawyer after pursuing Graduation with Commerce stream? Which exam do I need to write to become a Lawyer?

Respected Sir, I am a Commerce stream student and I am pursuing my Graduation with B.Com. I want to become a Lawyer so I want to know can I become a Lawyer after pursuing Graduation with Commerce stream? Which exam do I need to write to become a Lawyer? Please answer as soon as possible.

17th January 2017, 06:23 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a Lawyer after pursuing Graduation with Commerce stream? Which exam do I need to write to become a Lawyer?

Yes, you can become a lawyer after graduation. For graduates there is entrance exam like CLAT for getting admission in law course. Just make sure that you have at least 50% marks in graduation to become eligible.

Age should be below 30 years, if you are applying for CLAT. Admission will be on the basis of performance in the entrance exam and seats are allotted based on counselling.
18th January 2017, 12:50 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a Lawyer after pursuing Graduation with Commerce stream? Which exam do I need to write to become a Lawyer?

Candidates who have completed their bachelor's degree in any stream arts/commerce/science from a recognized college/university are eligible to pursue LLB course. There is an age relaxation of 5% marks for the reserved category candidates. As there is no age limit to pursue LLB, so you can apply for this at any stage of your life.

With the above eligibility criteria you have to appear for Common Law Admission Test (CLAT ). The selection and admission for LLB course depends upon the marks secured in the examination followed by personal interview, so you have to prepare well for the examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?