18th June 2012, 08:56 PM
Unregistered

What is the career for me in merchant navy after studying B.Tech in Mechanical branch

Dear Sir,
I am studying b.tech 3rd year in mechanical branch.I am very much interested in doing merchant navy course after my b.tech.Can you tell me the career in merchant navy and the salary packages in that.
thanking you sir

19th June 2012, 09:23 PM
navjotsidhupamal
Senior Member++

Default Re: What is the career for me in merchant navy after studying B.Tech in Mechanical branch

hello dear

yes,you are eligiable for the Navy after completing B.Tech from M.E branch.

to join in the Navy after completing B.Tech from M.E branch, you have to give UPSC-CDS exam.

eligibility criteria for the CDS exam is given below

>>For Naval Academy: B.Sc. with Physics & Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering.

>>Age limit:-

For Naval Academy age limit is 19-22 Years.

etc.

for more check-http://upsc.gov.in

all the best........
9th October 2012, 12:37 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the career for me in merchant navy after studying B.Tech in Mechanical branch

i'm doing b.tech in mech. trade in 5th sem. may i join merchant navy ?
1st November 2012, 11:04 PM
Unregistered

I am now doing btech in ECE branch..is it possible for me for join in navy?
15th December 2012, 07:24 PM
denwer1

Smile Re: What is the career for me in merchant navy after studying B.Tech in Mechanical branch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir,
I am studying b.tech 3rd year in mechanical branch.I am very much interested in doing merchant navy course after my b.tech.Can you tell me the career in merchant navy and the salary packages in that.
thanking you sir
Dear friend. If you want to join merchant navy then the only way is that you opt for Graduate marine engineering course. For this you have to appear in the entrance examination conducted by Indian Maritime University (IMU). After selection you have to go afloat training. After completion of the training you can join as a 5th engineer on national or international ships.

the salary of a marine engineer varies from Rs 50,000 to 1,00,000, depending upon the shipping company you join.
21st August 2013, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

sir i am 23 years old and have a dgree in mechanical engineering can i join merchant navy and plz tell me about enterance exams.
Pradeep
15th November 2013, 03:50 AM
Unregistered

sir i am a student of b.tech in mechanical branch,but somehow my degree is extended to 5 years.can i join merchant navy.
and if yes ,then what is the procedure.
25th January 2014, 11:45 PM
Unregistered

Is there any way for me to join Merchant Navy after doing B.E from I.T branch . except GP rating.?
5th April 2014, 12:12 AM
Unregistered

can an industrial engineering student join merchant navy?? the branch is a sister branch to mechanical engineering...so can it substitute for mechanical engineering and do the one year course as the mech engineers do??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?