14th June 2012, 01:53 PM
binduanu

What is the Career scope for MFA course?

i have completed my b.com and i want to do mfa i just wanted to know it has scope in future or no ? if it does not have scope then pls guide me which course is better?

14th June 2012, 04:55 PM
mnbgvs

Default Re: What is the Career scope for MFA course?

BFA vs MFA
Education is the best investment one could have. You could be able to achieve the dream you have since you were young. Take, for instance, entering a course in fine arts. That could be possible for you. You could either take the Bachelor of Fine Arts or the Master of Fine Arts courses. So what is the difference between the two? A Bachelor of Fine Arts is more commonly known as BFA in Canada and the United States.
To make you better understand, a Bachelor of Fine Arts is the typical undergraduate degree for individuals looking for a professional education in the field of performing and visual arts. For some countries, they coin it as the Bachelor of Creative Arts or BCA. On the other hand, a Master of Fine Arts is a graduate degree. MFA or Master of Fine Arts will differ in terms in various countries or universities.

In Britain, BFA would be the same as Bachelor of Arts in Fine Arts. It is usually given to individuals who are able to finish a degree in visual arts. Performing arts would have to be excluded. There’s a separate degree for performing arts, namely, the Bachelor of Dance or the Bachelor of Drama. MFA in Britain is a wide scope of learning. It could range from painting to electronic and live art. Most of the time, it is a studio-based program that caters to sculpture, live art, video, and painting. The program is created together with the Artist Teachers Scheme which is established by the National Society for Education in Art and Design. It most likely has three trimesters in a year with students working in studio spaces. Some studios houses over 70 Macs, a flatbed, transparency scanners, and with a better digital media studio. All students have the privilege to enjoy workshops like sound and video, etching and litho, and even photography. Mentors promote originality, initiative, and enterprise to their students. They see to it that their products are independent, confident, well-informed, and determined.

In the United States, a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree differs in most of the programs. There are programs that have practical studio components. Students are provided with lecture and discussion classes as well. Typically, the U.S. Bachelor of Fine Arts has two-thirds study in the arts. It also has more studies in general liberal arts. A Masters of Fine Arts is available and limited to students with great talent and skills. American Conservatory Theater is one of the choices. They will require a person to have a bachelor’s degree before applying. The most important requirement would be an impressive portfolio or perhaps a good audition performance piece. It is considered the highest degree that an artist can have. It will provide a person a broad connection between creative productions.

The course program will also require students to do some academic research. The curriculum would require aspiring performance artists to undergo a three-year intensive course on acting. It includes rehearsals and performance of classical and contemporary works. It is in this training that one can recognize the great difference and harmony of a new and classical work. What is more is that a person will be able to have the chance to grasp dramatic literature in a different kind of manner. If a person thinks that he will choose acting as a profession, a Master of Fine Arts is the best option. It could also be the post-graduate course for individuals excelling in the field of visual arts, film making, dance, performance arts, and creative writing. The best way to get in the best institute for a Masters in Fine Arts would be to create the best portfolio.

Summary:
1. BFA is an undergraduate degree while MFA is a graduate degree.
2. In Britain, to earn a BFA, one has to take a degree in visual arts while to have an MFA, one
can learn a variety of programs from painting, electronic, and live art.

ALL THE BEST...
20th November 2012, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

Is there any scope for fine arts in future?
9th April 2013, 11:44 AM
Unregistered

Is there any scope for finearts ?if yes,then is the permanent jobs are available in mumbai? What is the per month salary
18th July 2013, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

what are the scopes after Master of Fine Art?
28th March 2014, 02:16 AM
Unregistered

I want to do mfa or mfm do these courses have scope in future which is better to pursue my further studies pls suggest me
15th June 2014, 08:12 PM
Unregistered

some peoples says there's not a good carrier in the field of fine art you tell me is there any carrier in the field of fine arts.
4th August 2015, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

What is the scope for the newly formed Telugu states about MFA Paintings and applied arts?
I'm into software industry, want to come out from this over pressure, stressful industry. I'm interested to do MFA painting above explication is more towards internationalization. I would like to know the opportunities in local in India, for me more specific Hyderabad.
Any one who is in the College teaching this subjects and who are integrate with the Govt could give the clarity would be great.
14th September 2015, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

Can I do ths mfa course in corresponding wid my job instead of mba wat is the scope in it
26th April 2019, 02:08 PM
Unregistered

I have pursued Agriculture BSc. I'm interested in doing fine arts so can I take Masters in fine arts directly after my Bsc. Without BFA ?
If I can do then what's the method?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?